phillyj
phillyj None
5/19/08 6:05 p.m.

Is there going to be a separate section for readers rides like it was in the other forum?

Salanis
Salanis HalfDork
5/19/08 6:14 p.m.

<----- Look at the left-hand of the screen.

Josh
Josh
5/19/08 6:55 p.m.

It seems to me like the new "Reader Rides" section is a big downgrade from the old forum. Just one small picture of the car displayed way off to the side, a limited space for comments squashed in a little box, and much less of a "community" feel to the section in general. The old reader's rides forum was probably my favorite thing about the GRM forums since it tended to encourage the long-term, continuously updated "build threads" full of discussion and new pictures of everyone's progress on their cars. Now it seems like that won't be possible with the new format, and it's really sad to see that part of the site go.

phillyj
phillyj New Reader
5/19/08 6:58 p.m.

i'm with josh on this. upgrades are always bad like vista

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
5/19/08 7:01 p.m.

You'll see.

They're now organized, and you can quickly view the most popular by views, votes or comments, or you can view by make.

Also, your ride is attached to you in the database, which is handy.

It's been VERY popular on Classic.

But I will admit, I need to tweak the layout of those pages a little.

Josh
Josh New Reader
5/19/08 7:13 p.m.

But in the process it's completely changed its nature. Instead of an active community sharing an in-depth exchange about each others' vehicles, it's become a collection of pithy profile pages. I'm sure they are well organized, searchable, sortable, configurable pithy profile pages, but they're not really a community anymore. :(

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
5/19/08 7:19 p.m.

Again, you'll see.

P71
P71 GRM+ Memberand New Reader
5/19/08 10:25 p.m.

I dunno, I kinda like them so far. Plus 2 people thought my cop car was cool :grin:

P71
P71 GRM+ Memberand New Reader
5/19/08 10:27 p.m.

Oh and since Baxter was just right here...

GRM and the GRM.classic were both down/404'd for about 2-3 hours today, but now the grm.classic works again.

Also, I'm logged onto the new board with the same old email but no post update. It's not a big deal.

Liking the changes so far.

phillyj
phillyj New Reader
5/23/08 6:53 p.m.

i just want to be able to see build updates especially the Weezly rabbit for the Challenge

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4ckSjZpwfFznWZm1O7GYvPZuwUdFrDI1x6b3CXdPsznbreGduZD318pAuqflfsep