Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa UltimaDork
3/5/23 9:55 p.m.

I thought that getting the block up on my welding table was a good idea.  My back doesn't agree.

What have you done lately that you shouldn't have?

At least I have a good welding place now?  Should install a lazy-susan under the block.

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
3/5/23 10:03 p.m.

Lemme go ask  Mrs NOHOME....

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/5/23 10:25 p.m.
NOHOME said:

Lemme go ask  Mrs NOHOME....

You have to ask?

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
3/5/23 10:26 p.m.

My wife just tells me. 

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
3/5/23 10:29 p.m.

Daily. 

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
3/5/23 10:30 p.m.

Maybe hourly......

birdmayne
birdmayne GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/5/23 11:48 p.m.

I attempted to move a small stack of corrugated roofing by myself yesterday. And because I'm a genius, I tried to pick the whole stack up.

My foot slid in the gravel and my back has been protesting since. 

Smart

Ranger50
Ranger50 MegaDork
3/6/23 12:36 a.m.

I went to work.

More upcoming.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
3/6/23 2:29 p.m.

Two-on-two halfcourt basketball with teenagers.  You wanna feel old?  Do that.

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
3/6/23 2:42 p.m.

I stacked a dryer on top of a washing machine recently...

...by myself. 

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
3/6/23 2:43 p.m.

I blew out my plantar fascia recently playing ultimate frisbee against a bunch of Marines who were 35 years younger than me. 

...AND trying to keep up!

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
3/6/23 2:47 p.m.

Amy.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
3/6/23 2:57 p.m.

Back in November, I reffed 8 AAA U18 hockey games in a day. I remember thinking during the 5th game, "Wow, I feel great!" and during the 6th game thinking "Nope, I'm hurting - 5 is my new limit of games". I had 6+ games 4 times since then and have another 7 game day coming up in April. I am apparently capable of learning what not to do, but incapable of not taking the money. The last Sunday of February, I had 8 games. What was I thinking?

This doesn't really fit here, but sort of does? I've also more or less given up alcohol. I was getting hung over easier and easier. I had 2 beers on Saturday night, my first alcohol since January 15th. No hangover, but it wasn't the wonderful experience I was hoping for when I finally had a beer again. I'm guessing I'll eventually finish the beer in my basement fridge, but it is going to take quite a while. We'll see how I hold up with this during the summer. 

Shadeux
Shadeux GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/6/23 3:51 p.m.

Do to the way my body is shaped, I don't walk or run well. It's uncomfortable. So, those activities are not a favorite.

Long story short, I had to walk 4.5 miles. Holy berkeley.

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
3/6/23 5:31 p.m.

Stamina is my deal. I normally outrun all the young guys in long, 2-6hr, bike races and run 1hr motos for practice. But last season it was all gone, I was mortal. I'm hoping I lost my wind due to Covid effects and it'll come back.

I had a bad industrial accident when I was a teen and now have a "bad" knee, which has been bad for 40 years. I always thought I'd be smart and have it replaced just before I retire, letting work benefits take up any of the $lack that comp doesn't.  Well, it looks like I'm about to retire, forgot to get my knee fixed, and it's been bugging me more and more these last few months. Not so crazy about getting old.

In reply to mtn :

Those kids sure can skate.

I'm having the same problem, and have cut down to about 2 beers a night when I'm not working, otherwise I'll be hungover. But I miss is it, I do so love getting E36 M3faced.

Folgers
Folgers Reader
3/6/23 6:00 p.m.

Apparently last Thursday night I slept wrong. 

My neck and right shoulder is hurting pretty bad. Deep aches, turning my head and using my right arm hurts pretty bad for a few hours in the morning. No heavy lifting, no over exertion, no activity outside of normal.  Seven hours of normal sleep. Pain out of nowhere. 

My bed must be  trying to kill me. I have no other explanation. I'm pretty active and 35 years old. 

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/6/23 6:05 p.m.
SV reX said:

I blew out my plantar fascia recently playing ultimate frisbee against a bunch of Marines who were 35 years younger than me. 

...AND trying to keep up!

When I was playing Ultimate, it was the old guys who were the problem. They never moved fast, but they were always where they needed to be.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
3/6/23 6:05 p.m.

In reply to Peabody :

The tournament that I was referring to above is one of the best in the world. While the U18 level isn't the best hockey at that age - the best players in that age group are in Canada in the OHL, WHL, and QMJHL, or else in the USHL or NAHL - a few years ago, 2016 IIRC, I had a slew of U14 games. I recently went back and looked at some of the players I reffed, and there were 7 of them that year that have gone in the first round between 2020 and 2023. 

More things that I shouldn't do again: sleep on a futon, move things without a hand truck/dolly, go out underdressed/without enough jacket/without handwarmers.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
I6gJMlFU7i7H2ZV5nCvUTBNIZMLSgVzYLi7Z02rZvKgDwzrMyf4iSxhgYhCe4DfE