1 2 3 4
yamaha
yamaha UltraDork
5/7/13 10:31 a.m.

I'm still extremely in favor of a meter or such for the current going rate......the inflated rates are retarded.

The way I see it, yes you pay more, but you also got a rather large tax writeoff as repayment. You weren't forced to buy it, you chose to, so your agruement is invalid.

tuna55
tuna55 PowerDork
5/7/13 10:34 a.m.
Chris_V wrote: In reply to tuna55: So you ready for gasoline priced like Europe for your DD? If we end oil subsidies, that'll happen. The government pays for a lot of things.

I want things to cost what they cost, without subsidies and without extra tacked on taxes. Why make something cheaper through subsidies and then make it more expensive through taxes? Not for out good, for their own control.

The government pays for nothing. The government makes no money on their own. It's my money. I am paying the real price for gas, either at the pump or on April 15. In fact, if they'd stop meddling about with taxes and subsidies for that, it would probably be cheaper too.

Edit: I, a libertarian, and not even arguing against using tax dollars for gas for things like air pollution. Can you believe that? If they really wanted to do that, though, they could use the money they are currently subsidizing oil companies with. There is nothing about subsidies that helps air pollution, nothing at all. So again I ask, if the goal is cleaner air, why subsidize and then tax? Why not just tax? The advocates of clean air would be super happy because the Volt/Leaf/EFocus whatever equations would work out a ton differently if gas were more expensive. It doesn't make any sense to advocate for more expensive gasoline as a deterrent to dirty air, claiming the extra dollars will go to things which promote clean air, and then turn around and subsidize the cost of gas!

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
71cuqWP0m5rgalDXv4UCJYQXfBdV9h8QGnXxsEXhn6ZIjR50098fv8Jkse6redIv