ZOO GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/2/12 5:45 a.m.

I hate vinyl roofs.

I adore mod tops.

I love irony

foxtrapper
foxtrapper PowerDork
11/2/12 7:19 a.m.

Don't forget the oem car tents. This is one for a Vega. I guess you sleep curled up into a ball.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson SuperDork
11/2/12 7:43 a.m.

Pinto Crusing wagon, I saw one this summer and it's actualy way cool in a 70's way. The car I saw was a one owner vehicle.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson SuperDork
11/2/12 7:46 a.m.
92CelicaHalfTrac wrote: Here's a plaid that works. This is so awesome.

OK, OK, it's Tartan, not Plaid. Plaid is a piece of cloth or clothing, not a pattern. Tartan on the other hand is the pattern on the cloth. Dang lazy 'Muricans!

Oh, and I loved the red TARTAN interior on my TR7

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
11/2/12 7:51 a.m.

Nautica was a brand meant to evoke rich people sailing off Nantucket, but they mostly sold at JC Penny and were worn by people who couldn't afford Izod. So Mercury decided to release a Nautica Edition. When I think "style" I think JC Penny and Mercury!

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
11/2/12 7:54 a.m.

Gold Plating. Gaudy and just plain wrong on most cars:

A real crime on the Spirit of Ecstacy. (a factory option to this day)

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/2/12 8:57 a.m.

I was talking to a guy yesterday who made a bucketload of money goldifying badges. He now has more money than remaining years and wants to spend both on a Westfield.

93EXCivic wrote:
Keith Tanner wrote: Lotus took that to another level.
I want that in my life!!!! What was that in?

Lotus Esprit S1. Note the yellow exterior, that particular car is not for the man who is afraid of standing out.

conesare2seconds
conesare2seconds Reader
11/2/12 9:16 a.m.
GameboyRMH wrote: It's like it crashed through a Pep Boys. (

HA!

Duke
Duke PowerDork
11/2/12 9:20 a.m.

I can't find a good image for this car, which was the 2nd-to-last 928 ever made. I remember better pictures, and the color is much more vivd than shown here. The interior is matching leather, with a ton of violet-colored piping and leather trim. Actually, I'd rock it, too, but it's definitely questionable.

turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
11/2/12 2:12 p.m.

My older brother had a 77 Civic CVCC, which makes it cool.

It was bright red. Still cool in an original Mini sorta way.

It had a white vinyl top.

This is as close as I could find:

Anyone ever feel that the 70's was essentially the world's hangover after the 60's? Or was it the point in time when the party should have ended, but instead it just got REALLY crazy? I was born in 77, so I can only look back from a historical standpoint.

yamaha
yamaha Dork
11/2/12 2:23 p.m.
Brett_Murphy wrote: Any "Black Gold" package on any car. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWF-hH1nloo

I'm sorry.......theres the rest of a thread here? I'm still stuck on that link's comments.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
11/2/12 2:32 p.m.

^ First time I ever enjoyed the comments on a Youtube vid!

e_pie
e_pie HalfDork
11/2/12 2:37 p.m.
Javelin wrote: Flat paint. That E36 M3 looks like crap/primer.

Fixed.

alex
alex UltraDork
11/2/12 5:11 p.m.

Great, now I want a Mod Top.

codrus
codrus GRM+ Memberand Reader
11/2/12 6:08 p.m.

Pontiac Aztek with a built-in tent. Problem is, the tent is too small and doesn't cover the front of the car as well.

Rob_Mopar
Rob_Mopar Dork
11/2/12 6:38 p.m.
turboswede wrote: Anyone ever feel that the 70's was essentially the world's hangover after the 60's? Or was it the point in time when the party should have ended, but instead it just got REALLY crazy? I was born in 77, so I can only look back from a historical standpoint.

The '70's was the hangover of the '60's. Some kept partying, some felt the pain.

neon4891
neon4891 UltimaDork
11/3/12 12:04 a.m.
Rob_Mopar wrote:
turboswede wrote: Anyone ever feel that the 70's was essentially the world's hangover after the 60's? Or was it the point in time when the party should have ended, but instead it just got REALLY crazy? I was born in 77, so I can only look back from a historical standpoint.
The '70's was the hangover of the '60's. Some kept partying, some felt the pain.

Then how do you explain the 80's?

turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
11/3/12 12:10 a.m.
neon4891 wrote:
Rob_Mopar wrote:
Then how do you explain the 80's?

Cocaine is a hellofa drug!

Appleseed
Appleseed PowerDork
11/3/12 1:09 a.m.

The 80s were next weekend's party.

allen_m
allen_m New Reader
11/3/12 1:39 a.m.

In reply to neon4891: There is no explaining the 80's neon, and I remember~ the end of the 50's.

RexSeven
RexSeven UltraDork
11/3/12 2:11 a.m.

The stripe packages on the Mustang II King Cobra make the Trans Am's screaming chicken look downright tasteful in comparison:

Gucci's had a history of making special editions with car manufacturers. Behold, the Gucci AMC Hornet!

The Gucci Cadillac Seville!

And the Gucci Fiat 500!

Grizz
Grizz Dork
11/3/12 2:18 a.m.

Actually, I like the 500. Looks nice.

Speaking of Tartan interiors, I still pine for a late 70s Challenger(Sapporo) with their sweet ass insides.

joey48442
joey48442 UberDork
11/3/12 7:23 a.m.

Gucci sounds like the noise a random body part would make.

Joey

RexSeven wrote: The stripe packages on the Mustang II King Cobra make the Trans Am's screaming chicken look downright tasteful in comparison: Gucci's had a history of making special editions with car manufacturers. Behold, the Gucci AMC Hornet! The Gucci Cadillac Seville! And the Gucci Fiat 500!
SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid UltraDork
11/3/12 10:02 a.m.
Adrian_Thompson wrote:
92CelicaHalfTrac wrote: Here's a plaid that works. This is so awesome.
OK, OK, it's Tartan, not Plaid. Plaid is a piece of cloth or clothing, not a pattern. Tartan on the other hand is the pattern on the cloth. Dang lazy 'Muricans! Oh, and I loved the red TARTAN interior on my TR7

Plaid can be referred to as a material or a pattern. Tartan is the most common plaid pattern.

Kramer
Kramer HalfDork
11/3/12 8:19 p.m.

Harlequin VW's are hideous! Someone post a pic, please.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
652r2PfqcJ5B8lVLyz4v5TG9a9V0Cio8HyLS8d3of1gQS8sasdVf6afw2efwPHIB