NickD MegaDork
4/11/24 11:52 a.m.
NickD
NickD MegaDork
4/11/24 11:52 a.m.
NickD
NickD MegaDork
4/11/24 11:54 a.m.

I remember reading where Norm MacDonald said that on one of his later podcasts he tried to get OJ Simpson on as a guest and OJ, apparently oblivious to who Norm was, readily agreed, only for OJ's lawyer to catch wind of it and go "No, no, no, don't do that" and then he canceled.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
4/11/24 11:58 a.m.

Now, we'll never find the murderer!

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/11/24 12:03 p.m.

Still not a Jew?

Hanukkah song reference, don't get all pissy about it.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
4/11/24 12:04 p.m.

In reply to John Welsh :

Puddy46
Puddy46 Reader
4/11/24 12:06 p.m.

In reply to RevRico :

I'm only pissy because you beat me to it. 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
4/11/24 12:07 p.m.

Well.... I mean.... I do hate it when people crap on people that died for some specific thing that they might just hate... but...  not sure I can say that here.  He is certainly a prime example of someone convincing themselves of something to the point that it becomes entirely real to them.

Let's just say, the fact that he had to play in Buffalo all those years.... that's a bit o' hell....

... now, on to the real thing...

(I apologize to all those who are in or near Buffalo.  You don't deserve being remembered for having that turd or a person play for your football team)

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/11/24 12:09 p.m.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
4/11/24 12:12 p.m.
aircooled said:

Well.... I mean.... I do hate it when people crap on people that died for some specific thing that they might just hate... but...  not sure I can say that here.  He is certainly a prime example of someone convincing themselves of something to the point that it becomes entirely real to them.

Let's just say, the fact that he had to play in Buffalo all those years.... that's a bit o' hell....

... now, on to the real thing...

Don't forget his most heinous of crimes: making the Kardashians a household name.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
4/11/24 12:12 p.m.

I think, if you want to remember or memorialize anyone (I certainly don't expect anyone to do that here), it seems appropriate that we should think of this person. 

Honestly, if I ran a newsroom (!) I would instruct the newspewers to make a very very short note of the dead one, and spend a much longer time discussing the person we really should be thinking about at this moment:

RIP Nichole.   I hope you get to see him descending into the darkness he deserves.

Nicole Brown Simpson - IMDb

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
4/11/24 12:14 p.m.

Good riddance 

SKJSS (formerly Klayfish)
SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) UltimaDork
4/11/24 12:35 p.m.

How will Kato Kailen make money now???

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/11/24 12:52 p.m.

Indy - Guy
Indy - Guy UltimaDork
4/11/24 12:57 p.m.
aircooled said:

I think, if you want to remember or memorialize anyone (I certainly don't expect anyone to do that here), it seems appropriate that we should think of this person. 

Honestly, if I ran a newsroom (!) I would instruct the newspewers to make a very very short note of the dead one, and spend a much longer time discussing the person we really should be thinking about at this moment:

RIP Nichole.   I hope you get to see him descending into the darkness he deserves.

Nicole Brown Simpson - IMDb

Agreed, but you forgot the other person who's life was tragically cut short that night:

Ron Goldman

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa MegaDork
4/11/24 1:05 p.m.

The Juice has expired

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa MegaDork
4/11/24 1:06 p.m.

In reply to NickD :

Oh man.  The Norm MacDonald subreddit is probably having a field day

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones UltraDork
4/11/24 1:07 p.m.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/11/24 1:07 p.m.

Show some respect.  The man was instrumental in making murder legal in California.

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/11/24 1:13 p.m.

All I have to say about OJ is his trial was a travesty. There was more interest in making it a prime-time TV spectacle than there was in actually proving innocence or guilt and that's a shame. 

Guilt or innocence is in someone else's hands now. 

May he get the justice he deserves, whatever that looks like.

My condolences to his family. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
4/11/24 1:14 p.m.
Appleseed said:

Show some respect.  The man was instrumental in making murder legal in California.

Murder is always legal if you have enough money. 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
4/11/24 1:19 p.m.

In reply to Indy - Guy :

Very much yes. And I have inadvertently become an example of my own point:

We focus so much on the turd that even I, when consciously trying to remember the people that should be remembered, forgot about one of them!!

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/11/24 1:21 p.m.

It's always sad when bad things happen to good people. 

I hope that his death was slow and unpleasant. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
TBENkOyP87u0pgnpXZQrdi9UtqZbEcIHZZ7ImW2sjao0gKATGuI14c9OsylAZp40