Me? I'm going straight to the Aston dealer, gettin' my DBS

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/28/12 9:27 a.m.

Any of these will do.

Grtechguy
Grtechguy UltimaDork
11/28/12 9:27 a.m.

I bought a ticket yesterday...BMW M6 and K1300rs?

this would be a good start:

Klayfish
Klayfish Dork
11/28/12 9:32 a.m.

A. Retire
B. Make sure enough is put aside for my kids
C. Buy/build a garage that's 5 times the size of a pro athelete's mansion
D. Fill said garage with anything and everything. Sure, I'll probably have an Italian car of some kind and a German or two, but mostly other stuff ('Vettes, street rods, Lotus, whatever)
E. Build my own 2.5 mile road course
F. Use said road course to hold weekly LeMons/GRM/crap can races and/or offer up cheap/free track time

Oh, and maybe buy my wife the CTS-V she drools over.

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette SuperDork
11/28/12 9:34 a.m.

Build cool ass skateboard parks for kids and new Alva Board 10 inch wide old school with Kryptonics and trac ker trucks .

yamaha
yamaha Dork
11/28/12 9:35 a.m.

In reply to Javelin:

Isn't that the P51 that crashed into a chicago suburb? Theres only so many still around carrying tuskeegee liveries.......also, I'll take a p38, and then see if I can get the drop on the reservists flying A10's overhead.....

Jarod
Jarod GRM+ Memberand New Reader
11/28/12 9:35 a.m.

http://www.ferrarifl.com/mercedes-benz-amg-clk-gtr-used-2000-c-1164.htm?exotics=1&location=FORT LAUDERDALE&

foxtrapper
foxtrapper PowerDork
11/28/12 9:37 a.m.

A big remote island.

That, or a million acres in Idaho or such.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
11/28/12 9:38 a.m.

Pay off the houses, park the rest of it in a money market for at least 6 months before I do anything else.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltraDork
11/28/12 9:42 a.m.
Toyman01 wrote: Pay off the houses, park the rest of it in a money market for at least 6 months before I do anything else.

That^^^^ except I would also keep a nice wad in my pocket for temporary walking money.

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer UltimaDork
11/28/12 9:45 a.m.

I'm still gonna have my "Luxury Car Demolition Derby".

I get to use the Bentley Arnage, painted Kawasaki Green.

Conquest351
Conquest351 SuperDork
11/28/12 9:50 a.m.
Toyman01 wrote: Pay off the houses, park the rest of it in a money market for at least 6 months before I do anything else.

This! Then I'd buy 600 acres and build a motorsports compound with 5 houses for my closest friends and a huge paddock. All running on wind turbines and solar power. I'd make sure the ranch had natural gas too in order to run the houses (and maybe cars). Maybe purchase a big ass wind turbine too. Anyway, I'd like to have the whole place energy neutral and hella fun!!

aircooled
aircooled PowerDork
11/28/12 9:51 a.m.

The FIRST thing you buy is a good lawyer and financial planner. The first thing the lawyer does is make sure your name is NOT published or let out in any way that you are the winner.

The second thing you do is buy another lawyer and financial planner to check the first lawyer and financial planner.

Then.... its.... the Worlds Most Expensive Demo Derby!!!

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/28/12 9:53 a.m.

I'd try to fix the air conditioning in the 911.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand UberDork
11/28/12 9:55 a.m.

I would pay a million people to mock a certain man in Ohio

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
11/28/12 9:55 a.m.
aircooled wrote: The FIRST thing you buy is a good lawyer and financial planner. The first thing the lawyer does is make sure your name is NOT published or let out in any way that you are the winner.

This. Then Morgan Aero 8 and build a Triumph Vitesse MK2 with a modified TR6 motor, strengthened transmission, limited slip diff, Koni shocks, and HD axles and a '70 Rebel pro-touring build. And get a house with decent sized shop built on a decent sized wooded lot and save the rest.

ultraclyde
ultraclyde Dork
11/28/12 9:57 a.m.

massive tow rig and a toy hauler big enough to live in for a couple months at a time. Fill with race car of choice. See what's going on around the old USA. Maybe something like this with a giant Ford SuperDuty to pull it.

http://www.advantagetrailer.com/image.html?images/products/large/182_2.jpg

I'd fix up and rent out the small house I'm in now and find something reasonable on a few acres, probably in this same area. I'd never live out of an RV full time, but it would be nice to take off for as long as I want and be comfortable.

rebelgtp
rebelgtp UltraDork
11/28/12 9:58 a.m.

I would lay low for 6 months to a year. Then buy a large chunk of land build a house and two shops. One shop for cars and one shop for guns .

Oh and did I mention there would have to be enough land for a 1000 yard shooting range?

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson SuperDork
11/28/12 10:05 a.m.
aircooled wrote: The FIRST thing you buy is a good lawyer and financial planner. The first thing the lawyer does is make sure your name is NOT published or let out in any way that you are the winner. The second thing you do is buy another lawyer and financial planner to check the first lawyer and financial planner.

This.

Then pay off the mortgage of the school my kids go to and set them up with an endowment for continued running in the future and build them a high school.

Pay off mortgage and debts of all close friend and family.

Set up a series of trusts for self and family members in perpetuity. I've seen what money squabbles can do to others.

Houses in various places for us, vacation time etc.

Then play time

Modern hyper cars don’t do much for me. I’d have a nice Aston and modified Land rover for DDing, then we move to the collection which would include.

Any 80’s Williams F1 car with winning history as driven by Mansel.
Any 80’s McLaren F1 car with winning history as driven by Prost.
Layton house March (early Newey car)
Jag F1 car
962 with LeMans history
Multiple jag’s of any era with LeMans history inc C type, D type, E type, any of the TWR Group C cars plus XJ220
XJR15, this one could be road car spec.
A collection of Group B rally cars (all with rally heritage, not road car versions) inc
6R4
RS200
T16 Evo
Quattro inc Group 4, Sport plus Evo versions
Delta S4
Renault 5 turbo 2

Plus some road cars

Adrian_Thompson
11/28/12 10:08 a.m.
EastCoastMojo wrote: I would pay a million people to mock a certain man in Ohio

?? I'm missing something here

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer UltimaDork
11/28/12 10:08 a.m.

In reply to Adrian_Thompson:

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/off-topic-discussion/ohio-man-gets-jail-for-mocking-disabled-girl/57540/page1/

Adrian_Thompson
11/28/12 10:13 a.m.
DukeOfUndersteer wrote: In reply to Adrian_Thompson: http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/off-topic-discussion/ohio-man-gets-jail-for-mocking-disabled-girl/57540/page1/

Aahh, I missed that, I'll chip in too

Klayfish
Klayfish Dork
11/28/12 10:30 a.m.
Woody wrote: I'd try to fix the air conditioning in the 911.

Cool, you may even have enough money left over for a new set of tires....

Duke
Duke PowerDork
11/28/12 10:43 a.m.
Karl La Follette wrote: Build cool ass skateboard parks for kids and new Alva Board 10 inch wide old school with Kryptonics and trac ker trucks .

You must be exactly my age. I had an Alva (don't think it was 10" wide, though), but it had Tracker Wides on it and 70mm Kryptonics Greens.

Rufledt
Rufledt Dork
11/28/12 10:43 a.m.
DukeOfUndersteer wrote: I'm still gonna have my "Luxury Car Demolition Derby". I get to use the Bentley Arnage, painted Kawasaki Green.

Can I use a Maybach 62 in plaid? But cover it all in herringbone tweed, that way it stays classy, and during the derby it will peel off, revealing the plaid paint job.

1 2 3 ... 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
yluunAKG3b3Qh8a3Uiu7mc8zsne6Vd2pZpwJFTt8TPNiRLNgNjAjbzRlw3Qa5y0J