1 2 3 4 5
grafmiata
grafmiata Dork
11/28/12 9:08 p.m.
BoxheadTim wrote:
mad_machine wrote: I think I would disappear... I hear there are some islands for sale in the south pacific
Not much of a car scene on those islands, I hear...

Yep, I would buy a remote island in the south Pacific. A little bungalow, a couple chainsaws and my turbo Miata to rip around the track I cleared...

Paradise!!!

""

Ian F
Ian F PowerDork
11/28/12 9:08 p.m.

Go to England, buy a caravan and park in front of Clarkson's house. When I see him leaving for work, pull out in front of him so he has to follow all the way there...

grafmiata
grafmiata Dork
11/28/12 9:14 p.m.
Ian F wrote: Go to England, buy a caravan and park in front of Clarkson's house. When I see him leaving for work, pull out in front of him so he has to follow all the way there...

Nice plan, but if I were to do that, I would kid-nap his daughter first. Then let him know that she was in the caravan that was holding him up on his way to work.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg UltimaDork
11/28/12 9:55 p.m.
grafmiata wrote:
BoxheadTim wrote:
mad_machine wrote: I think I would disappear... I hear there are some islands for sale in the south pacific
Not much of a car scene on those islands, I hear...
Yep, I would buy a remote island in the south Pacific. A little bungalow, a couple chainsaws and my turbo Miata to rip around the "track" I cleared... Paradise!!!

Let me guess."Miata Atoll"

Appleseed
Appleseed PowerDork
11/28/12 10:00 p.m.

I'd politely give my boss 2 weeks notice. On the last day, I'll drive my motorcycle through the front door's of Sam's and proceed to rip up and down the isles, finished off with a big, smoky burnout in front of the manager's office.

That's trespassing- here's some money STFU!

That's destruction of property-here's some money STFU!

T.J.
T.J. PowerDork
11/28/12 10:02 p.m.

I would quit my job "for personal reasons". I would spend the next couple weeks interviewing accountants/lawyers/financial advisors. I would then come forward and take the lump sum. I would then find interesting ways to spend money - this would include land/house, cars, and shop equipment. I don't have any debts to pay off, so that part is easy.

neon4891
neon4891 UltimaDork
11/28/12 10:38 p.m.

So I went to buy $10 in tickets today. I went to machine instead of the counter. I hit the wrong button. I ended up with mega tickets, not powerball...

Aeromoto
Aeromoto HalfDork
11/28/12 10:50 p.m.

Honestly, if you'd have won the Powerball, how much money could you have spent before December 21st anyways?

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
11/28/12 11:48 p.m.

One day turn up dead under a pile of young women and empty scotch bottles.

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand UberDork
11/29/12 7:31 a.m.

i got 2 of the numbers this time - a record. but i've only spent like $10 on lottery tickets in my life.

Grtechguy
Grtechguy UltimaDork
11/29/12 8:10 a.m.

I got 1 number.

Protege2886
Protege2886 New Reader
11/29/12 8:26 a.m.

2 numbers + powerball = 7$....yay It's not fair, the tiger was already signed for Back to work for me.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/29/12 9:10 a.m.

A whole lotta gimp for me on two tickets. Hey, they got me to buy into the Lotto twice this year!

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson SuperDork
11/29/12 9:18 a.m.

Dang, off to the store after work, they sold me the wrong ticket, I want my money back

fasted58
fasted58 UberDork
11/29/12 3:52 p.m.

I ran a Powerball pool at my former work for 10 years. 10 players @ $10/ week for the two P'ball draws per week. Any winnings were kept in 'the bank' and played on extra tickets when jackpot went over $100M.

I estimated total 10 year cash investment over $56K... largest winner was $500

Experts say the average return/ dollar spent on lottery is 31%, we were at 35%.... pretty lucky huh.

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado PowerDork
11/29/12 7:27 p.m.
Fit_Is_Slo (ceasarromero) wrote:
logdog wrote: I would buy all the stuff to make ramen noodles look as tasty as they do on the package picture.

No, it's really possible! Instant ramen is to real ramen like the 99c burger at McD's is to a real hamburger from meat you ground & grilled yourself.

Noodle making:
http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-make-REAL-Japanese-ramen-from-scratch/

Add the goodies:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QtUtQMVoG8

No biggie to add meat, just braise or pan fry it separately from the noodles & broth. Cut it seriously thin, and lay it in after you've done the other work.

And now you know why Logdog knows all this stuff is expensive. Getting good ingredients shipped here means they're $$$, even if they're a little stale after spending three months in a container ship.

poopshovel
poopshovel UltimaDork
11/30/12 2:59 p.m.

*Also, I would buy all the billboards in my 40 mile commute. ALL_OF_THEM. Some would be PSA-style, like "THE LEFT LANE IS THE berkeleyING PASSING LANE, ASS HAT." Others would be "Deep Thoughts" style. Still others would be political propaganda. Would that not be the greatest berkeleying thing ever? I would have a significant influence on people's thoughts for 40 - 80 minutes per day.

mattmacklind
mattmacklind UltimaDork
11/30/12 4:01 p.m.
Karl La Follette wrote: Build cool ass skateboard parks for kids and new Alva Board 10 inch wide old school with Kryptonics and trac ker trucks .

I've got a Lance Mountain "boneite" future primitive with G&S trucks and Bones III wheels. It replaced my Alva Bill Danforth that I cracked in half. Of course, this was, I think, around '86.

Duke
Duke PowerDork
11/30/12 4:05 p.m.

Man, I used to be able to draw a

T
DOG
W
N

cross in my sleep.

mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
11/30/12 4:35 p.m.
Aeromoto wrote: Honestly, if you'd have won the Powerball, how much money could you have spent before December 21st anyways?

I bet i could spend it all in three weeks.

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado PowerDork
11/30/12 4:35 p.m.
poopshovel wrote: *Also, I would buy all the billboards in my 40 mile commute. ALL_OF_THEM. Some would be PSA-style, like "THE LEFT LANE IS THE berkeleyING PASSING LANE, ASS HAT." Others would be "Deep Thoughts" style. Still others would be political propaganda. Would that not be the greatest berkeleying thing ever? I would have a significant influence on people's thoughts for 40 - 80 minutes per day.

x52,390,485,723,489,705,239 on the driving lessons. I might skip the propaganda, though. I could get carried away with that..

poopshovel
poopshovel UltimaDork
11/30/12 6:15 p.m.

It's really motivating me to find out exactly how much cash such a thing would require.

Appleseed
Appleseed PowerDork
11/30/12 7:41 p.m.

My buddies and I had a pipe dream like this in high school. The local theater had space for weekly rent that would show before movies. Something like $75 a week.

We wanted to stage a photo of all who would chip in. Something to the effect of us "fighting" each other in random ass costumes.

We wanted to go to the movies just to see ourselves in that add.

poopshovel
poopshovel UltimaDork
12/1/12 2:23 p.m.
I might skip the propaganda, though.

I mean off-the-wall E36 M3 that doesn't make any sense. Have like:

(sign one) "Of COURSE Obama doesn't have a birth certificate."

(sign two) "He's from HAWAII, STUPID!"

• insinuating Hawaii is not part of the US. Stay with me.

Sign three would have the url for a website. The website would have a picture of me in a suit looking all presidential, maybe I'd be holding a bald eagle and have an American flag waving behind me. I'd load the home page with all kinds of "Did you know?" E36 M3 that was patently false, then I'd have a section for comments, where people would have to enter their first and last names to comment.

Then let's say John Smith from Jasper, GA says "Ur such an idiot. Hawaii is part of the United States, dumbass."

The next day, there will be 40 miles of signs that say things like "John Smith's mom drinks her own diarrhea straight out of the toilet!"

Any E36 M3 head with a keyboard can troll the internet. Highway trolling? That's some pimp E36 M3.

poopshovel
poopshovel UltimaDork
12/1/12 2:24 p.m.

Also: JUST the punchlines to really horribly offensive jokes.

1 2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2LitwEFAgYLk3KpaR9oKNBBMVct26s4oKFyRCdzICu32FitHEGkJrpcJqsPD5YeM