1 2
Ranger50
Ranger50 Dork
1/12/12 1:21 p.m.

is there any out there besides Netflix or Blockbuster???

I have a bunch of movies I need to watch by the end of next week, for Pysch class, and all the somewhat close outlets I have watched them all on my list.

ransom
ransom GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/12/12 1:28 p.m.

Amazon.com, but I think that's mostly purchase or rental, not a subscription service (though I could be wrong).

OTOH, that might be perfect if you're just trying to tick a few specific things off a list.

scardeal
scardeal HalfDork
1/12/12 1:31 p.m.

Hulu has some movies that it'll stream. Not usually a good selection though.

Plus, you can borrow movies from the library.

Otto Maddox
Otto Maddox Dork
1/12/12 1:31 p.m.

I get a free service on my Roku. Cracker or something. It has Talladega Nights, so that is good.

Ranger50
Ranger50 Dork
1/12/12 1:40 p.m.

Already tried the library. Nothing.

I have it down to three movies left that don't stream.

MCarp22
MCarp22 HalfDork
1/12/12 1:41 p.m.

Sony's Crackle does streaming movies / tv shows.

curtis73
curtis73 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/12/12 1:42 p.m.

Yeah, Roku has a bunch of interesting things. Crackle is like free Netflix. The selection is slightly less and you get a 30 second commercial every half hour or so, but its a good service.

I use Netflix constantly. Love it.

Hulu is a complete waste of electricity IMO. Even on their website when I browse movies, there are very few to choose from, almost none of them are mainstream, half are some Korean lovestory with subtitles, and 75% of them you can only watch with a subscription. Why would I pay to watch a selection of Korean Romance movies?

z31maniac
z31maniac SuperDork
1/12/12 1:45 p.m.

^ANd most of the TV shows direct you back to whatever network.......and their crappy player.

Keith
Keith GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/12/12 2:08 p.m.

Ranger, make life easier for us. What are the movies? Or are you too embarrassed to say?

Ranger50
Ranger50 Dork
1/12/12 3:29 p.m.

The Unsaid (2001)
A Beautiful Mind (2001)
Mr. Jones (1993)
Regarding Henry (1991)
Ordinary People (1980)
The Accused
When a Man Loves a Women
Girl Interrupted

I already have watched Away From Her and As Good As It Gets. Bleh.

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac SuperDork
1/12/12 3:32 p.m.

Ugh. Girl Interrupted. What a horseE36 M3 movie.

jrw1621
jrw1621 SuperDork
1/12/12 3:51 p.m.

The Accused and Girl Interrupted are both on Nexflix Streaming but only those two.

Ranger50
Ranger50 Dork
1/12/12 3:55 p.m.

In reply to jrw1621:

I got those in the queue.

Keith
1/12/12 5:21 p.m.

You may have to make a visit to the (shudder) video store.

Ranger50
Ranger50 Dork
1/12/12 5:24 p.m.

In reply to Keith:

What are those???? Are those even still around?

corytate
corytate HalfDork
1/12/12 5:36 p.m.

A Beautiful Mind is a great movie imo
I use netflix for movies and top gear mostly, any shows that didn't air over here I usually google.
Just watched all of Chris Lilley's latest, "angry boys" on daclips.com
I have found several movies that way too, like the group b movie, for example.

Keith
1/12/12 5:59 p.m.
Ranger50 wrote: In reply to Keith: What are those???? Are those even still around?

I think most of them have been put in a giant trash compacter and squeezed into a red or blue box about the size of a Coke machine But there's still one in GJ, and I can tell you how to find two in Ottawa that would not only have the movies on the shelf, but would be able to discuss the relative merits of them.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn SuperDork
1/12/12 6:13 p.m.

If you google on "watch Ordinary People" chances are you'll find some site somewhere that will stream the movie.

donalson
donalson SuperDork
1/12/12 6:17 p.m.
Ranger50 wrote: In reply to Keith: What are those???? Are those even still around?

Lol...

Was in blockbuster to swap vids (free with the netflix type deal)... And was told ours is gone end of the month and eventually will be online and blue box only...

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac SuperDork
1/12/12 6:18 p.m.
donalson wrote:
Lol... Was in blockbuster to swap vids (free with the netflix type deal)... And was told ours is gone end of the month and eventually will be online and blue box only...

If you call them and complain they'll knock about $3/month off your bill indefinitely.

rambof07
rambof07
6/14/12 8:59 a.m.

This post has received too many downvotes to be displayed.

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
6/14/12 9:04 a.m.
corytate wrote: Just watched all of Chris Lilley's latest, "angry boys" on daclips.com

Wife and I discovered this on our flight back from Germany. Delta had episode 1 on their on-demand setup. Thanks for the tip on the rest. That looks like a good find.

jg

Grtechguy
Grtechguy PowerDork
6/14/12 9:09 a.m.

Hulu Plus, Yahoo has a bunch of movies...

rotard
rotard Dork
6/14/12 9:19 a.m.

Read a synopsis of the movies online?

Keith
Keith GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/14/12 9:43 a.m.

Zombie thread, brought back by rambof07's oddly phrased post.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
By4evZAlw0Ox0mH8qKbS3mMXzYH4iwKCkvTidfcm2HPNSfBKMgIojgySaDCR1bdR