1 ... 149 150 151 152 153 ... 191
Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/14/14 3:29 p.m.

Seems to me the attack cat did a better job than a gun would have in terms of actually solving the problem of dog vs kid. Check the time stamp, the dog got about two seconds of time. Doesn't work as well for the revenge fantasies though.

turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
5/14/14 3:32 p.m.

In reply to stroker:

so you can shoot your kid? Besides you'd have to go get the damned thing while the dog continued to maul your child, unless you walk around with it on your hip.

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte SuperDork
5/14/14 3:36 p.m.

Best gif ever! That cat wanted to whup sum azz.

Beer Baron
Beer Baron UltimaDork
5/14/14 4:37 p.m.
Keith Tanner wrote: No kidding. House cats are killing machines, just scaled down. And they don't know about the scaled down part.

They are killing machines. I heard something to the effect that the "house" cat is directly responsible for the genocide of the most species in North America (not sure if humans count in the equation).

fanfoy
fanfoy HalfDork
5/14/14 4:48 p.m.
Beer Baron wrote:
Keith Tanner wrote: No kidding. House cats are killing machines, just scaled down. And they don't know about the scaled down part.
They are killing machines. I heard something to the effect that the "house" cat is directly responsible for the genocide of the most species in North America (not sure if humans count in the equation).

Yup, they are responsible for the decline of most bird species in North America. One of my cats would be the kind to defend my kids like the one in the gif. He also likes to bring me "gifts" (i.e. decapitated birds)

Also, this thread is starting to seriously lack gifs, so...

fanfoy
fanfoy HalfDork
5/14/14 4:49 p.m.

And another:

fanfoy
fanfoy HalfDork
5/14/14 4:49 p.m.

And this is just stupid...

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
5/14/14 6:17 p.m.

They call him Lefty now.

RexSeven
RexSeven UberDork
5/14/14 8:01 p.m.

RexSeven
RexSeven UberDork
5/14/14 8:03 p.m.

Duke
Duke UltimaDork
5/15/14 8:03 a.m.
stroker wrote: No politics intended, but that video is precisely why you should have a gun and not an attack cat.

YOU gonna react, draw, aim, and take that shot, against a small moving target, with the victim less than a foot away from the attacker?

If you can do all that E36 M3 faster than the cat did, why not just burn the dog with your Superman laser vision or Flash over and kick its ass yourself?

No politics intended, but idiotic statements like that are why gun owners are widely regarded as idiots. Even though that's not a particularly correct viewpoint.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/15/14 8:13 a.m.

Let's just state the obvious here, an attack cat with a gun is the answer.

Beer Baron
Beer Baron UltimaDork
5/15/14 8:14 a.m.

Meanwhile, our cat just muscles in and tries to wrestle with our poor old dog who only wants to nap.

Not actually ours... our dog is older and lazier.

nderwater
nderwater PowerDork
5/15/14 9:57 a.m.

stroker
stroker Dork
5/15/14 11:12 a.m.
Duke wrote:
stroker wrote: No politics intended, but that video is precisely why you should have a gun and not an attack cat.
*YOU* gonna react, draw, aim, and take that shot, against a small moving target, with the victim less than a foot away from the attacker? If you can do all that E36 M3 faster than the cat did, why not just burn the dog with your Superman laser vision or Flash over and kick its ass yourself? No politics intended, but idiotic statements like that are why gun owners are widely regarded as idiots. Even though that's not a particularly correct viewpoint.

no, I wasn't and did not recommend "taking the shot". My point was that had the cat not been there, it would have been up to Mom to pull the dog off. Maybe she could have pulled the dog off, and maybe the dog would have gone after her instead. Had Mom had a gun, she could have grabbed the dog by the scruff of the neck (since dog's mouth was full of kid) and put the muzzle against the dog's ribcage. I'm sorry if I didn't explain that in detail but I thought it was obvious.

turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
5/15/14 11:24 a.m.
stroker wrote:
Duke wrote:
*YOU* gonna react, draw, aim, and take that shot, against a small moving target, with the victim less than a foot away from the attacker? If you can do all that E36 M3 faster than the cat did, why not just burn the dog with your Superman laser vision or Flash over and kick its ass yourself? No politics intended, but idiotic statements like that are why gun owners are widely regarded as idiots. Even though that's not a particularly correct viewpoint.
no, I wasn't and did not recommend "taking the shot". My point was that had the cat not been there, it would have been up to Mom to pull the dog off. Maybe she could have pulled the dog off, and maybe the dog would have gone after her instead. Had Mom had a gun, she could have grabbed the dog by the scruff of the neck (since dog's mouth was full of kid) and put the muzzle against the dog's ribcage. I'm sorry if I didn't explain that in detail but I thought it was obvious.

and that's assuming she had quick access to a gun. Many gun owners don't have their guns easily available. Honestly, a quick grab for anything roughly club shaped might have worked just as well and had been slightly faster in that situation.

Your approach is similar in my mind as Homer Simpson using a gun to open a beer.

Sometimes the best tool is the one closest to hand.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/15/14 11:56 a.m.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/15/14 12:00 p.m.

Never bring a gun to a chair fight.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/15/14 12:27 p.m.
Appleseed wrote:

So, what exactly do you think the goal was there? I can't see it working out any other way.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/15/14 12:32 p.m.

Dude, I have no idea. He seems genuinely surprised that he had to pick up his book.

Duke
Duke UltimaDork
5/15/14 12:35 p.m.
turboswede wrote: Sometimes the best tool is the one closest to hand.

Sometimes the thing closest to hand is your foot. I'd have punted that dog's ass like it was a 50-yard field goal, or at least given it my best try.

slefain
slefain UltraDork
5/15/14 1:45 p.m.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
5/15/14 4:39 p.m.

1 ... 149 150 151 152 153 ... 191

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
x8HYofpg2P3fA0Oc3SnIkt5NG5kzjbYnHFRmUcIHBjGelhtdItgpGMu8aERJXe6q