turboswede GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
12/14/12 2:21 p.m.

turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
12/14/12 2:24 p.m.

Sky_Render
Sky_Render HalfDork
12/14/12 3:13 p.m.

I'm the only person in my office today. I have nothing to do. I just spend 2 hours looking at every single page in this thread.

slefain
slefain SuperDork
12/14/12 3:30 p.m.

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
12/14/12 3:30 p.m.

EvanB
12/14/12 3:32 p.m.

slefain
slefain SuperDork
12/14/12 3:39 p.m.

EvanB
12/14/12 3:42 p.m.

Duke
Duke PowerDork
12/14/12 4:03 p.m.
1988RedT2 wrote:
mthomson22 wrote:
At one point in my life I may have found this funny, but as a parent it fails the hilarious test by a mile. That's okay though. I can deal with it.

As a parent, I find it funny. There comes a point - and this kid has clearly reached it - where absolutely everything is just going to lead to some fresh misery. Someone could have handed her a nice warm cookie and it would have ended the same way somehow. Usually it's driven by a kid that's overtired and cranky. Once you reach that point, there's nothing you can do except chuckle and get the ice pack.

Bumboclot
Bumboclot Reader
12/14/12 8:02 p.m.

MrJoshua
MrJoshua PowerDork
12/14/12 8:13 p.m.
Duke wrote:
1988RedT2 wrote:
mthomson22 wrote:
At one point in my life I may have found this funny, but as a parent it fails the hilarious test by a mile. That's okay though. I can deal with it.
As a parent, I find it funny. There comes a point - and this kid has clearly reached it - where absolutely *everything* is just going to lead to some fresh misery. Someone could have handed her a nice warm cookie and it would have ended the same way somehow. Usually it's driven by a kid that's overtired and cranky. Once you reach that point, there's nothing you can do except chuckle and get the ice pack.

I can completely see one of mine doing that.....and me laughing as I pick them up to comfort them. I would of course stop laughing as quickly as possible but I still think its funny. In that situation it would actually be helpful because you could comfort them for an actual physical pain instead of giving in to a fit.

Bumboclot
Bumboclot Reader
12/14/12 8:31 p.m.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
12/14/12 8:42 p.m.
MrJoshua wrote:
Duke wrote:
1988RedT2 wrote:
mthomson22 wrote:
As a parent, I find it funny. There comes a point - and this kid has clearly reached it - where absolutely *everything* is just going to lead to some fresh misery. Someone could have handed her a nice warm cookie and it would have ended the same way somehow. Usually it's driven by a kid that's overtired and cranky. Once you reach that point, there's nothing you can do except chuckle and get the ice pack.
I can completely see one of mine doing that.....and me laughing as I pick them up to comfort them. I would of course stop laughing as quickly as possible but I still think its funny. In that situation it would actually be helpful because you could comfort them for an actual physical pain instead of giving in to a fit.

Child pitching a fit. Child walks into a wall. I would laugh sooooooo hard, in their face. 95% of the time I can do it in such a way that the child will laugh at themselves and an important lesson is learned about pitching a fit. The other 5% of the time they are upset and embarrassed and still learn a lesson about pitching a fit. Not to mention, walking into the wall would have saved her a swat on the butt in my house. Temper tantrums are not acceptable behavior around here.

Bumboclot
Bumboclot Reader
12/14/12 9:11 p.m.

Bumboclot
Bumboclot Reader
12/14/12 9:21 p.m.

wbjones
wbjones UltraDork
12/15/12 9:57 a.m.
Toyman01 wrote:
MrJoshua wrote:
Duke wrote:
1988RedT2 wrote:
mthomson22 wrote:
Child pitching a fit. Child walks into a wall. I would laugh sooooooo hard, in their face. 95% of the time I can do it in such a way that the child will laugh at themselves and an important lesson is learned about pitching a fit. The other 5% of the time they are upset and embarrassed and still learn a lesson about pitching a fit. Not to mention, walking into the wall would have saved her a swat on the butt in my house. Temper tantrums are not acceptable behavior around here.

well said .. besides it really doesn't look like there is any real injury here ... so yeah ... LMAO

Bumboclot
Bumboclot Reader
12/15/12 5:39 p.m.

Toyman01
12/15/12 5:59 p.m.

Toyman01
12/15/12 6:03 p.m.

Here at Babes Car Wash we do the top and the windows at the same time.

Toyman01
12/15/12 6:05 p.m.

Toyman01
12/15/12 6:07 p.m.

Toyman01
12/15/12 6:08 p.m.

Toyman01
12/15/12 6:22 p.m.