11/20/12 12:26 a.m.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg UltimaDork
11/20/12 12:37 a.m.

Jay
Jay UltraDork
11/20/12 3:50 a.m.

Animalsbeingdicks-stravaganza time!

(I found most of these by searching my own posts in the hotlink thread. Take that, originality!)

sachilles
sachilles SuperDork
11/20/12 7:32 a.m.

If the dude on the elephant survived the tiger attack, I'm betting he needs a new set of underwear.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid UltraDork
11/20/12 10:19 a.m.

I can't stop laughing at the manatee running into the glass. ahahahaha.

Lesley
Lesley PowerDork
11/20/12 10:32 a.m.

Yah, that was adorable. The guy getting kicked by the horse, damn, he's lucky he's not dead. That's at least a broken jaw.

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer UltimaDork
11/20/12 10:41 a.m.

MrJoshua
MrJoshua PowerDork
11/20/12 10:42 a.m.

I had to look this one up:

Here is what happened:

This happened in Kaziranga National Park, India, in 2004 Quote: The forest department received a message early on May 19th about a large tiger which had killed two cows near Tamuli Pathar village, which is close to the boundary of the Kaziranga National Park (KNP) in the north-eastern Assam state. By 10 am a joint team of the Assam forest department including the director of the park, Mr N. K. Vasu, the local administration, police and the army, and the Wildlife Trust of India(WTI)-managed Centre for Wildlife Rehabilitation and Conservation (CWRC) was combing the area with five elephants trying to locate the animal.

Range officer, Dharanidhar Bodo, Dr Chaudhary along with a guard were riding the elephant, Joymala, driven by Pegu. Bodo was carrying the darting gun. As the elephant moved towards the tigress, it did a mock charge. The guard fired two blanks to discourage her and she ran away into the next field, where the paddy was thick and hid there. The team cautiously moved towards it and could get to almost 20 feet where she was growling away. Bodo could see her clearly and took a shot at it with the dart gun. The dart missed her and this enraged her so much that she charged and took a "flying" leap on to the elephant's head. "I have not seen something as dramatic as this," Vivek Menon, executive director WTI, who recently saw the footage, said. "I could never imagine that a tiger could so effortlessly leap from the ground on to an adult elephant's head, which is at least 12 feet above the ground," he said.

The footage showed that Pegu saw the tigress leaping and threw the metal ankush at it to defend himself. "The tigress saw the ankush coming, dodged it in mid-leap and took a swipe at Pegu without actually landing on the elephant, which had stepped back," Menon said. "It all happened in a few seconds and before we knew what both Bodo and the guard had fallen down," Dr Choudhary narrated. What now happened was even more amazing. As the tigress landed on the ground Joymala quickly pinned her down with her left fore foot and tried to control it with its trunk. The tigress struggled under this weight for at least half a minute roaring, as other people in the vicinity shouted and fired shots in the air. In this commotion another attempt was made to dart it, but even this shot was off the mark. The tigress finally struggled loose and ran away. "If it had not been for Joymala, both Bodo and the guard would have been badly injured or dead," he said. Meanwhile, Joymala, which was trying to aggressively chase the tigress, was calmed by the CWRC veterinarian, who was holding on to the profusely bleeding mahout. "His fingers were hanging by few shreds of tissue and I tried to tourniquet the wounds," he said.

The two sub-adult tigers had strayed out of the heavily wooded Agoratuli range of the KNP into the neighbouring Tamuli Pathar village close to the national highway. It was speculated that the mother could be nearby, but she could not be spotted. KNP has one of the highest density of tigers among the protected areas in India , but are difficult to see due to the thick vegetation in this grassland dominated park. The Centre for Wildlife Rehabilitation and Conservation (CWRC) is a joint venture of the Assam forest department and the Wildlife Trust of India, and is supported by its partner the International Fund for Animal Welfare (IFAW). This rescue and rehabilitation facility for animals of the region is a first of its kind facility in India has handled over 300 animals in the last two years including mega-herbivores like elephants, rhinos and wild buffaloes. These were the first tigers brought to the facility in two years of its existence.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/20/12 11:40 a.m.
MrJoshua wrote: "I have not seen something as dramatic as this," Vivek Menon, executive director WTI, who recently saw the footage, said. "I could never imagine that a tiger could so effortlessly leap from the ground on to an adult elephant's head, which is at least 12 feet above the ground," he said.

Someone doesn't have cats. I have no trouble imagining it.

forgifs.com

Luke
Luke UberDork
11/20/12 11:44 a.m.

...disgustingly adorable.

MrJoshua
MrJoshua PowerDork
11/20/12 11:45 a.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner:

Yeah, house cats can go from the ground to 6 feet without looking like they are exerting themselves. I would expect the leaping ability to scale up well with size. That guy was lucky the elephant backed up, the tiger was on track to land in his lap with it's jaws on the guys neck. I mostly looked it up to see what the Elephant did in response. The Tiger was lucky the Elephant showed restraint.

kazoospec
kazoospec HalfDork
11/20/12 11:54 a.m.
Keith Tanner wrote:
MrJoshua wrote: "I have not seen something as dramatic as this," Vivek Menon, executive director WTI, who recently saw the footage, said. "I could never imagine that a tiger could so effortlessly leap from the ground on to an adult elephant's head, which is at least 12 feet above the ground," he said.
Someone doesn't have cats. I have no trouble imagining it. forgifs.com

Truf. My 15 year old, overweight, arthritic, paper-weight of a cat routinely jumps up on stuff 4 or 5 times her height. That's like me begin able to jump over my house.

JoeyM
JoeyM UltimaDork
11/20/12 12:02 p.m.
Jay wrote:
SyntheticBlinkerFluid wrote: I can't stop laughing at the manatee running into the glass. ahahahaha.

That's pretty normal for them. Since they are not very maneuverable, they often stop by hitting whatever they are intending to approach.....at least, that was the case of the two that I fed when I worked with aquatic critters at a Large Local Amusement Park(TM).

They ate huge amounts of lettuce, but that was mostly for bulk/roughage; i.e. their diet was supplemented with more nutritious stuff. We used to give them apples slices, baby carrots and monkey biscuts. They appeared to have a sweet tooth, so apples were pretty popular. If you got into the tank with apple slices, it was a good bet that you'd have a manatee run into you as they rushed over to beg for their share. (...and then they would exhale the Horrible Manatee Breath(TM) into your face.)

It doesn't hurt when they run into you, and it is always amusing.

DukeOfUndersteer
11/20/12 12:10 p.m.
Luke wrote: ...disgustingly adorable.

It's adorable

JoeyM
JoeyM UltimaDork
11/20/12 12:10 p.m.
kazoospec wrote: My 15 year old, overweight, arthritic, paper-weight of a cat routinely jumps up on stuff 4 or 5 times her height. That's like me begin able to jump over my house.

wild caracal hunting http://www.maniacworld.com/Caracal-vs-Bird.html

Luke
Luke UberDork
11/20/12 12:24 p.m.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltraDork
11/20/12 12:35 p.m.
Lesley wrote: Yah, that was adorable. The guy getting kicked by the horse, damn, he's lucky he's not dead. That's at least a broken jaw.

And he deserved it, I'd say.

DukeOfUndersteer
11/20/12 12:45 p.m.

Grizz
Grizz SuperDork
11/20/12 12:46 p.m.
aussiesmg wrote:

Now I have proof that those aren't poorly made cars. And that headlight fluid is a real thing, because I think that Chrysler is crying.

DukeOfUndersteer
11/20/12 2:54 p.m.

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
11/20/12 2:59 p.m.

1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 191

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
qhj1EpyYxca4YuEfPsSDNoAYxOTMMqlbSfeKtthYUVVOjaDzbqZISFIxpOHVZ0wO