pheller
pheller PowerDork
12/14/16 6:09 p.m.

Ok so my new place has got two lights in the driveway hooked up to an outdoor weatherproof switch. This is dumb. I only want those lights on when I'm out there for just got home or someones trying to break in.

I'd prefer if that switch was like the indoor types of motion sensors. Small, descrete, and I can turn it on or off manually if I so choose.

Unfortunately, it seems outdoor weatherproof wall infrared motion switches don't exist.

The closest I've found is this Intermatic Photo-cell. Which I guess would be ok if I could turn it off via another switch, but I'd like the same thing in motion control format.

qued
qued New Reader
12/14/16 7:09 p.m.

You can get motion detecting radar led bulbs.

https://www.amazon.com/Microwave-Motion-Sensor-Equivalent-Medium/dp/B019YT6R40/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1481763658&sr=8-5&keywords=radar+led+bulb

I think it does most of what you want. Also can get the dual brightness, 3 watts at dusk, 10 watts when it detects motion, turns off during daylight.

pheller
pheller PowerDork
12/15/16 10:19 a.m.

The Radar Detection bulbs look interesting, but many reviews say they are way too sensitive. I'm worried that because these lights will be right outside and beneath my bedroom window that I'll trip them everytime I walk up to the window at night.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
bFeSxg7H111M10fEsx5e92yMcRgcjjJ0b8sTQ8Egg91SLjHv6f1mRsbnDiRbJ49n