1 ... 6 7 8
Chris_V
Chris_V UberDork
9/12/23 9:39 a.m.
yupididit said:

In reply to DarkMonohue :

EV's are a growing segment for GRM. If new readers come to the forum in search of EV discussion and they see every EV thread trolled until locked then they will not want to join or subscribe. Malicious or senile, he was bad for business and harmony. 

Hold up... When it comes to EVs, as far as I saw he never STARTED anything or trolled it. Like me, he responds to anti-EV propaganda. If you want to talk trolls, you need to look at that, and not the people responding. Sorry, not sorry. Not going to take the blame for anti-EV BS being refuted. Otherwise it looks like you WANT anti-EV BS, as the only people you blame for the threads getting locked are the people tired of that BS and respond to it. Bad for business and harmony? Letting the oil company propaganda go unchallenged. I really hate to see it infecting GRM as well. It's bad enough out on other social media. We have to talk about EVs as they are the very likely future of cars. And that affects all of us. So you can't just shut the discussion down, but the oil company talking points are insidious and far reaching. It'd be nice if we could just discuss the various EVs on their merit, how the infrastructure is changing and improving, what's happening with the tech and comparing it between cars. Whether there are good mods for autocrossing them, etc. But, as you allude to: If new readers come to the forum in search of EV discussion, you can't just let much of the anti-EV commentary just sit there unchallenged, as that's tacit approval and clouds the issue to new readers (and old). Blaming Frenchy for that is crap.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
9/12/23 9:52 a.m.

In reply to Chris_V :

He's not blaming Frenchy for that, I don't believe.

He's blaming Frenchy for making E36 M3 up off the top of his head, and then repeating his own gospel ad nauseum.  And for arguing about highly-self-specific points nobody was making.

Both of which Frenchy was guilty of.

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
9/12/23 10:43 a.m.

In reply to Chris_V :

If by "refuting antiev BS" means making up stories, "facts" and refusing to admit that you made them up when presented with the REAL numbers than sure. Why not. But you're just going to argue and throw insults regardless of facts depending on who makes the post. You love to label people (incorrectly) a lot. Maybe it is time to reflect on yourself a little. I'm far from anti-EV yet you've accused me of that as well. I don't like people spreading misinformation or flat out lies about these topics. There's enough information out there for each person to make their own choice depending on what works for them. Shouting them down because they didn't choose the same path as you is far from productive.

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones SuperDork
9/12/23 1:07 p.m.

In reply to Chris_V :

Frenchy called me anti EV even after I told him I owned 2. As in currently own. As in looking at right now. As in installed a level 2 charger.

That's the issue.

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
9/12/23 1:19 p.m.

Gentlemen, I would refer you back to the first post in this thread, and throw in a quick reference to my personal enjoyment of the ironic, usually at others' expense.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
9/12/23 3:26 p.m.
Marjorie Suddard said:

Gentlemen, I would refer you back to the first post in this thread, and throw in a quick reference to my personal enjoyment of the ironic, usually at others' expense.

As the great CJ once said "aw E36 M3. here we go again"

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
9/12/23 3:33 p.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

Or we could just... not.

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
9/12/23 3:45 p.m.

In reply to Marjorie Suddard :

that sounds betterer. 

1 ... 6 7 8