1 2
Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
4/21/22 1:36 p.m.

I stopped Coach Ditka at O'Hare airport - kinda razzed him a little.

I stopped Mary Tyler Moore at the MSP airport the day they unveiled her statue - I asked her how it all went.   

I even annoyed Peter Brock and John Morton at a car show.

But I'm laying low on kicking the back of Mike Tyson's seat.   I've been granted some Godly wisdom.

https://amp.tmz.com/2022/04/21/mike-tyson-repeatedly-punches-man-face-plane-bloodies-passenger/

NY Nick
NY Nick GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/21/22 1:45 p.m.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
4/21/22 1:56 p.m.

Toebra
Toebra Dork
4/21/22 1:59 p.m.

I sort of pestered Paul Newman at a thing in Monterey, but he did not seem to mind, and he was already talking to that guy about his car anyway.

He was not a real intimidating guy though, startlingly blue eyes.

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/21/22 2:04 p.m.

I shook hands with Carroll Shelby, but I kind of got the sense that he had more important things to do.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/21/22 2:05 p.m.

The guy should've known to dodge when Mike blinks and counter with a high punch on the same side after an uppercut.

06HHR (Forum Supporter)
06HHR (Forum Supporter) Dork
4/21/22 2:06 p.m.

I badgered "Mad" Max Papis for an autograph at the 7-Eleven across the street from Daytona International Speedway once.  He was a really nice guy.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
4/21/22 2:35 p.m.

Decidedly NOT a good idea.  Never mind that he was a former heavyweight boxing champion.  He once bit a man's ear off, for heaven's sake.   The idiot is lucky he didn't actually get hurt.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
4/21/22 2:40 p.m.

In reply to 1988RedT2 :

I think he went to the cops with a complaint.  

Cops at station: yeah, yeah, we understand but what did you think would happen?  

Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/21/22 2:40 p.m.

Thelfie | Mike tyson, Seriously meme, Tyson

MrJoshua
MrJoshua UltimaDork
4/21/22 2:56 p.m.

MrJoshua
MrJoshua UltimaDork
4/21/22 2:59 p.m.

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
4/21/22 3:19 p.m.

Dude's got a problem. I can totally see the other passenger being an annoying idiot, but unless he threw the first punch (which seems VERY unlikely!), Tyson is going to be in for some hurt. Get an attendant's attention and tell them the other passenger is harassing you, problem most likely goes away.

Gary
Gary UberDork
4/21/22 3:26 p.m.

Back in the very early seventies I encountered George Follmer at a Trans-Am at Lime Rock. In those days he was known as a real hot-headed SOB who liked to bash fenders and noses. Knowing that, I politely asked him if I might take his picture. He glared at me and didn't answer. I got the hell away from him tout suite!

Sort of what I saw. I'm certain he wasn't posing:

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
4/21/22 3:28 p.m.

Is this the true definition of beer muscles?  

Punched guy telling buddy earlier in the day:   Bro, I know I can take him.  

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/21/22 3:29 p.m.

In reply to dculberson :

There's a picture of said idiot with a thumbs up, other finger pointing at Mike, and a smirk. He knew exactly what he was doing provoking him. The idiot probably thinks Tyson still has 1988 money.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa PowerDork
4/21/22 3:30 p.m.
dculberson said:

Dude's got a problem. I can totally see the other passenger being an annoying idiot, but unless he threw the first punch (which seems VERY unlikely!), Tyson is going to be in for some hurt. Get an attendant's attention and tell them the other passenger is harassing you, problem most likely goes away.

Apparently the other guy was drunk and Mike had repeatedly asked him to knock it off.  I can't imagine an attendant wasn't aware of the situation.

:shrug:

NY Nick
NY Nick GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/21/22 3:32 p.m.

In reply to dculberson :

I guess you have to take crap if you have that role but I can understand that you are just trying to take a flight and some obnoxious guy gives you crap. Tyson may have tried to make it go away and then drunk guy says something that really triggers him. You should never beat someone up but if you are being an shiny happy person you should remember that someone might beat you up.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn MegaDork
4/21/22 3:46 p.m.

Mike Tyson is flying coach on Jet Blue?

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
4/21/22 4:09 p.m.

I guess my tolerance for idiots is lower than most.  If Tyson had killed this guy, and I was on the jury, I'd totally be okay with the justifiable homicide verdict. 

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones Dork
4/21/22 4:25 p.m.
Appleseed said:

In reply to dculberson :

There's a picture of said idiot with a thumbs up, other finger pointing at Mike, and a smirk. He knew exactly what he was doing provoking him. The idiot probably thinks Tyson still has 1988 money.

If he had 1988 money he wouldnt be flying Jet Blue

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/21/22 4:31 p.m.

I once flew Detroit to Atlanta on the same plane as Tyrese. 

This was back in my heavy work travel days and I was bumped to first class because of status. 

Trust me when I say he was in absolutely no shape to win a fight on that flight. He dropped his suitcase twice while walking up the jet bridge. His (I assume girlfriend) ended up carrying it for him.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/21/22 4:58 p.m.
Steve_Jones said:
Appleseed said:

In reply to dculberson :

If he had 1988 money he wouldnt be flying Jet Blue

And that should have been a clue that your inevitable lawsuit will net you very little.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/21/22 4:59 p.m.

In reply to Robbie (Forum Supporter) :

Tyreese and Tyson are radically different people

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
4/21/22 5:06 p.m.

I saw guys hop in the ring with Tyson for $1 mil, I would do that.  One punch, out, cash in!

Wifey says "It'll cost $1 mil for nurses to wipe the drool off your chin for the next 50 years.

Oy.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
alsL5NwHmz1qRwXcHaB5EWAJd6y6QKsuc2mskvGVRRdXsBzdqRoUOtJRKW9Fe3vF