DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 Reader
8/15/08 7:26 p.m.

Pretty brutal and sad pics. I'm no expert in Slavik languages so don't ask me for a translation or what language it's in. I believe you can use altavista.com and their translator tool to translate the website if it is in Russian.

http://www.navoine.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?p=551#551

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 Reader
8/15/08 7:29 p.m.

just translated some of it, pretty hard to understand, a lot of talk about school and an almanac?

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
8/15/08 7:56 p.m.

what a world we live in.. front line pictures from a war on the internets.. and not controlled by a government...

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 Reader
8/15/08 8:36 p.m.

i think that is what this kid is trying to show, the real side, not controlled by the media or a gov't. My buddy has some pretty intense videos from his tours in Iraq and it really makes you appreciate what our troops our doing and how crazy their lives are once they go over there.

I can only imagine what these Georgians are going through. They finally get their freedom from Communism and not 20 something years later the shiny happy persons are back again for a slice of land.

If anyone has played Call of Duty 4 these pictures reminded me of that game as far as land scape, weapons, ect. Obviously it's not a game and a serious situation.

Monkeywrench
Monkeywrench New Reader
8/15/08 8:54 p.m.

Definitely a bummer. I know some Russians and they're great people. I'm sure most Georgians are the same.

Somedays you just lose all hope for humankind

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago GRM+ Memberand Reader
8/16/08 7:09 p.m.

So why is Russia invading Georgia? I read a couple of articles about it but I can't figure the reasons out.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/17/08 1:50 a.m.

Can't get enough of the peaches, or they saw how well invading a small contry full of oil went for us and decided to show us how to do it.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn Dork
8/17/08 9:40 a.m.

I've read a few articles that said Georgia actually started the whole thing, although I can't verify that. It's hard to tell these days what news sources to trust.

ACarlson
ACarlson New Reader
8/17/08 11:11 a.m.

Can anybody provide a basic who's who for these pictures? I'm assuming the guys with big guns and tanks are Russian, and the ones crushed in their wake are Georgian.

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 Reader
8/17/08 1:56 p.m.

I'm pretty sure all these guys are Georgian in the pics. It's hard to tell by the tanks just because they use a lot of the same equipment. My main reason for believing this is that htey are using the outdated AK-74u, the little brother to the AK-47, the inconsistency of the uniforms, ect.

Osterkraut
Osterkraut Reader
8/17/08 2:17 p.m.

I wouldn't call the AK-74 the little brother to the 47. It's the "newer" model.

Wait. Should newer models be called little? They're the younger, but little? Confusing!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
iuTSxzMPwgFhCFdTZDYd24TRKexjJ2ZaM18yDpNWD1CETrGiduoFAWuWUnvbusXJ