1 2 3 4
racerfink
racerfink SuperDork
4/18/13 2:06 p.m.

SCARR, how's that French model you met on the internet?

yamaha
yamaha UltraDork
4/18/13 2:06 p.m.

In reply to rebelgtp:

details? I'm sure I could always find someone interested if the price were right.

In reply to SCARR:

I do hope you are being sarcastic.

In reply to colaboy:

! ! ! ! !

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic Dork
4/18/13 2:07 p.m.

In reply to rebelgtp:

Scare is more or less over, hoard them till the next one.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
4/18/13 2:09 p.m.

Strizzo
Strizzo UberDork
4/18/13 2:21 p.m.
yamaha wrote: Well, you can mail order/purchase online and have it shipped directly to you.....its just that little thing known as a Curio & Relic license.

lol yeah, but if we're being honest that is an FFL as well, just everything has to be 50 years old or a collectors piece.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltraDork
4/18/13 2:24 p.m.
racerfink wrote: SCARR, how's that French model you met on the internet?

uH.... Bon Jour.

Strizzo
Strizzo UberDork
4/18/13 2:26 p.m.
SCARR wrote:
Strizzo wrote:
SCARR wrote: In reply to 93EXCivic: I Thought gun shows didn't have to have checks.. I guess I was wrong.
guess that's just people believe what's told to them on facebook, huh? Face to face transactions between two individuals are not required by federal law to go through a background check. some states require them for private transfers of handguns, but not long guns, and some states i think just passed laws requiring all gun transfers to have a check. a face to face transaction that happens to occur at a gun show, or boat show, or reverse speed walking competition are not treated any different than one between two neighbors. if you buy from an FFL licensee at any time, at their shop, their home, or even at a gun show, you have to complete a background check to complete the transfer. only exception is certain states allow you to show a current CHL permit since there has already been a more extensive check done for that.
THEN i WAS RIGHT. you are not required to do a background check at a gunshow. it is not place specified. it is by the seller. so I am still correct, and you are displacing needs. I can go and sell a gun at a gunshow, and the buyer does not need a background check.

A gun show is not some magical place where laws don't apply though, the same laws apply inside the show apply at grandma's bridge club down the street.

and i have no idea what you are talking about displacing needs

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltraDork
4/18/13 2:27 p.m.
SCARR wrote: THEN i WAS RIGHT. you are not required to do a background check at a gunshow. it is not place specified. it is by the seller. so I am still correct, and you are displacing needs. I can go and sell a gun at a gunshow, and the buyer does not need a background check.

Not sure if trolling.....

yamaha
yamaha UltraDork
4/18/13 2:34 p.m.

In reply to Bobzilla:

colaboy definitely was......I hear cement mixers firing up for his demise.

I'm in definite favor of the idea of making a publicly accesible hotline for instant go-no go for the private end of this, at least it wouldn't let FFL's have a monopoly on it and charge an arm and a leg just to do that(there are those places around amazingly enough)

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltraDork
4/18/13 2:36 p.m.
yamaha wrote: In reply to Bobzilla: colaboy definitely was......I hear cement mixers firing up for his demise. I'm in definite favor of the idea of making a publicly accesible hotline for instant go-no go for the private end of this, at least it wouldn't let FFL's have a monopoly on it and charge an arm and a leg just to do that(there are those places around amazingly enough)

See, that is "common sense legislation" that is actually, you know, common berkeleying sense.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltraDork
4/18/13 2:38 p.m.
colaboy wrote:
Strizzo wrote:
Bobzilla wrote:
Strizzo wrote: also one only has to look at canada, who tried a gun registration that ended up costing way more than originally thought and had a dismal participation rate before it was eventually scrapped.
WHAT?!?!? Next you're going to tell me Canada's healthcare and 2-yr degree isn't free either.
how's that saying go? something about bribing people with their own money?
You know, I'm trying to very carefully not get banned from this site, so maybe consider editing your post. Just to confirm, we do have free, and quite good health care. We tend not to leave our people out on the street if they can't afford it. Also secondary education is subsidized so as to not wind up with a nation of poorly educated yahoos that post nonsense on forums to bolster their adolecent views among other things.

Um, you do realize that is why you pay 17% more than for everything than us 'Muricans, right? And your income tax rates are higher. That's not "free" sweetie. You're paying for it.

But I'm sure you're much smarter than me with your paid for education and healthcare.

Strizzo
Strizzo UberDork
4/18/13 2:41 p.m.
rebelgtp wrote: On a side note I apparently have two AR lowers on their way from an order I thought was canceled. Now the question is build or sell. I already built the two rifles these were suppose to be used for.

I would be, but my next project is going to be an 80% lower.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltraDork
4/18/13 2:45 p.m.

Looks like I'm going to need a Coyote gun before it's over with.... but I'm thinking a M1 Carbine would fit tha bill nicely. There's just something about wood stock carbines that I love.

yamaha
yamaha UltraDork
4/18/13 2:55 p.m.

In reply to Bobzilla:

They're nicer than AR's anyways, nobody goes berkeleying crazy calling the cops, and they're better close in.

colaboy
colaboy New Reader
4/18/13 2:57 p.m.
Bobzilla wrote:
colaboy wrote:
Strizzo wrote:
Bobzilla wrote:
Strizzo wrote: also one only has to look at canada, who tried a gun registration that ended up costing way more than originally thought and had a dismal participation rate before it was eventually scrapped.
WHAT?!?!? Next you're going to tell me Canada's healthcare and 2-yr degree isn't free either.
You know, I'm trying to very carefully not get banned from this site, so maybe consider editing your post. Just to confirm, we do have free, and quite good health care. We tend not to leave our people out on the street if they can't afford it. Also secondary education is subsidized so as to not wind up with a nation of poorly educated yahoos that post nonsense on forums to bolster their adolecent views among other things.
Um, you do realize that is why you pay 17% more than for everything than us 'Muricans, right? And your income tax rates are higher. That's not "free" sweetie. You're paying for it. But I'm sure you're much smarter than me with your paid for education and healthcare.

Of course I understand that. That's why our quality of life is always ranked so high, we don't leave our poor for dead to save a couple bucks at tax time.

As far as trolling, is that what we're calling standing up for our country these days? I think we can all agree that if this comes down to name calling, America has a considrably larger target on it than Canada.

If I wanted to seem smug and childish in a poorly executed effort to be clever, I could ask you why the rest of the world looks down on America, or why you guys can't go a week without a mass shooting or killing people to make sure the oil keeps flowing...but that would be an exaggerated slant and largely unfounded wouldn't it?

(hint, my point is in the last paragraph....)

If you want to make your case for an argument, be a grown up about it.

Strizzo
Strizzo UberDork
4/18/13 2:57 p.m.
yamaha wrote: In reply to Bobzilla: They're nicer than AR's anyways, nobody goes berkeleying crazy calling the cops, and they're better close in.

or mini 30 or mini 14 in 6.8

slantvaliant
slantvaliant SuperDork
4/18/13 3:04 p.m.
alfadriver wrote: So I expect you to stand at the front of the crowd stopping the new voting registration acts in various states, since they violate the 19th, 24th, and 26th Amenments for voting.

What current voter registration proposals violate any of those amendments? (Sex, failure to pay taxes, or age over 18, respectively).

SCARR
SCARR Reader
4/18/13 3:06 p.m.

so, then what is everyone so up in arms about?

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltraDork
4/18/13 3:15 p.m.
Strizzo wrote:
yamaha wrote: In reply to Bobzilla: They're nicer than AR's anyways, nobody goes berkeleying crazy calling the cops, and they're better close in.
or mini 30 or mini 14 in 6.8

My best friend has a Mini14 and I love the ergo. BUT.... houses are still a little too close for me to be comfortable with a 5.56 or 7.62 modern round. I know the .30cal round is quite a bit slower, has less lethal range and is best in that 25-100yd range where I would use/need it most.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltraDork
4/18/13 3:18 p.m.
colaboy wrote:
Bobzilla wrote:
colaboy wrote:
Strizzo wrote:
Bobzilla wrote:
Um, you do realize that is why you pay 17% more than for everything than us 'Muricans, right? And your income tax rates are higher. That's not "free" sweetie. You're paying for it. But I'm sure you're much smarter than me with your paid for education and healthcare.
Of course I understand that. That's why our quality of life is always ranked so high, we don't leave our poor for dead to save a couple bucks at tax time. As far as trolling, is that what we're calling standing up for our country these days? I think we can all agree that if this comes down to name calling, America has a considrably larger target on it than Canada. If I wanted to seem smug and childish in a poorly executed effort to be clever, I could ask you why the rest of the world looks down on America, or why you guys can't go a week without a mass shooting or killing people to make sure the oil keeps flowing...but that would be an exaggerated slant and largely unfounded wouldn't it? (hint, my point is in the last paragraph....) If you want to make your case for an argument, be a grown up about it.

Why ARE Canadians so rude? Between their inability to read written english and their rudeness when calling me, I just don't get it. Why are you guys so angry? I get between 10-20 calls a day from Canadians. I tell you, I want to go home and cry the way I'm treated. I thought y'all were supposed to be the nice ones or something.....

Maybe everyone is mad at America because they are confusing Canadians for us?

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
4/18/13 3:19 p.m.
colaboy wrote: As far as trolling, is that what we're calling standing up for our country these days? I think we can all agree that if this comes down to name calling, America has a considrably larger target on it than Canada. If I wanted to seem smug and childish in a poorly executed effort to be clever, I could ask you why the rest of the world looks down on America, or why you guys can't go a week without a mass shooting or killing people to make sure the oil keeps flowing...but that would be an exaggerated slant and largely unfounded wouldn't it? (hint, my point is in the last paragraph....) If you want to make your case for an argument, be a grown up about it.

rebelgtp
rebelgtp UltraDork
4/18/13 3:22 p.m.

In reply to yamaha:

They are Aero Precision lowers made up in Washington. They are actually quite a nice lower built a couple guns using them and have not had issues. They make lowers for a few other companies. I am considering a pistol build or possibly doing a 50 BMG upper for kicks. Or maybe go full on nuts and go 300 blackout suppressed SBR. Granted that would require a chunk of change just for the tax stamps.

Bobzilla I bought SWMBO a 30 carbine earlier this year and she loves it.

yamaha
yamaha UltraDork
4/18/13 3:25 p.m.
colaboy wrote: If you want to make your case for an argument, be a grown up about it.

You blatantly insulted a fellow members intelligence......I do not care what pretense you are doing it under, it is still wrong.

In reply to GPS: +1 sir, +1

Cone_Junky
Cone_Junky Dork
4/18/13 3:26 p.m.
volvoclearinghouse wrote: No worries, after they ban magazines over 10 rounds, and all the high capacity magazines are "used up", they'll be all gone. Right? Just ask Rep. Diana DeGette from Colorado. She knows all about magazines.

There's another (former)Senator from Arizona that is pretty familiar with clip sizes. Wonder what her thoughts are on it?

yamaha
yamaha UltraDork
4/18/13 3:28 p.m.

In reply to rebelgtp:

If you go blackout, I'm still convinced that in a pinch .30 carbine will fire in it, slightly fire forming the .30 brass though.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
dgVyDKUonAf0yToRbklHYg09ZWvF8mQVcSypLXQ4kjwsCdiDsAc6OoTLFHk4QmhH