1 2 3 4
Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/13/24 6:36 p.m.
prodarwin said:

https://www.timecube.net

Oh how could we have forgotten TimeCube.

I guess we are just educated stupid!

johndej
johndej UltraDork
9/13/24 6:38 p.m.

Avril Lavigne commitment suicide in the early 2000s but the record company convinced a body double to take her place to make more money  https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avril_Lavigne_replacement_conspiracy_theory

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
9/13/24 6:39 p.m.

You know those bottles of lotion/shampoo/whatever with a pump to dispense the contents?  The manufacturer actually makes the tube on the pump waaaaay too short to reach to the bottom of the bottle and so a lot of your expensive stuff is left in the bottle!  They do this on purpose so you have to buy more and you can't actually use all of what you paid for unless you're some kind of whacko and unscrew the pump thing and shake the last of the product out of the bottle.  It's time people were held accountable for this egregious violation of the public trust!

prodarwin
prodarwin MegaDork
9/13/24 7:37 p.m.

On the "I think this conspiracy might be real" end of the spectrum: 

I'm convinced that political influence by traffic light manufacturers is the the only logical explanation for the lack of traffic circles.*

* I have zero data to back up this claim

Pete. (l33t FS)
9/13/24 7:39 p.m.

In reply to prodarwin :

There are a lot of people fighting the installation of traffic circles locally.

Personally I hate the implementation in that area.  What used to be a simple 55mph main road with stop signs for the cross road is now a cluster-#.

prodarwin
prodarwin MegaDork
9/13/24 8:04 p.m.
1988RedT2 said:

You know those bottles of lotion/shampoo/whatever 

I thought for sure this was going to be a Dr. Bronner's post

Pete. (l33t FS)
9/13/24 9:08 p.m.

All gasoline has ethanol now because we used up all the good petroleum and they need a way to bring octane up.

Of course they won't say this because they want you to keep buying gasoline cars.  Diesels will run on anything but Big Sparkplug has conspired to make all Diesel emissions equipment really, really bad.

ShawnG
ShawnG MegaDork
9/13/24 10:21 p.m.

If you haven't seen it. Watch it. 

/thread

Datsun240ZGuy
Datsun240ZGuy MegaDork
9/13/24 10:24 p.m.

My sister-in-law constantly talks about this stuff - my wife pointed out all these new warehouses built in our general area. 

FEMA camps she says, "they" will be putting us in them soon when "they" take over. 

She had a dime taped over her laptop camera - why I ask? People are watching me - my enemies, the government.

Wacko.....then I saw that Snowden documentary- what she ahead of her time?

ShawnG
ShawnG MegaDork
9/13/24 10:32 p.m.

I keep my camera taped off.

Seems like a simple solution to me being creeped out by having a camera pointed at me on a system that I don't actually control.

Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter)
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/14/24 7:18 a.m.
maschinenbau said:

My favorite one is that underneath the Denver airport, there are secret tunnels that lead to underground bunkers intended to protect the world elites and/or Lizard People when the New World Order takes over.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denver_International_Airport#Conspiracy_theories

I drove by that horse out in front of it last month. It's berkeleying creepy as E36 M3!

Duke
Duke MegaDork
9/14/24 7:46 a.m.
prodarwin said:

On the "I think this conspiracy might be real" end of the spectrum: 

I'm convinced that political influence by traffic light manufacturers is the the only logical explanation for the lack of traffic circles.*

* I have zero data to back up this claim

Oh, that's not lobbying.

That's good old American reactionary bitching.

Around here they are going to traffic circles in new semi-rural development, and you would think it was the end of civilization as we know it.

jgrewe
jgrewe Dork
9/14/24 9:03 a.m.

They put a traffic circle in Clearwater beach about 20 years ago. Really cool looking, big fountain in the middle. It averaged an accident per day the first 2 years it was there.

An engineering group came in and drove around it, watched people drive around it, looked at site lines. They figured out the fountain blocked so much of what you needed to see. You had about 1 second to decide if the gap was big enough to pull into traffic safely.

They removed the fountain and things are pretty smooth through there now.

The circles on St Rt 64 on the way to Sebring are another story... berkeley those things.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
9/14/24 11:26 a.m.
prodarwin said:
1988RedT2 said:

You know those bottles of lotion/shampoo/whatever 

I thought for sure this was going to be a Dr. Bronner's post

I kind of feel like Dr. Bronner is the Mister Rogers of conspiracy theorists, though.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/14/24 11:56 a.m.
Wayslow said:

I still contend that anyone who truly believes in conspiracy theories has never been involved in a government project. 

How many hundreds of people worked at the NSA for how many years on the wildly illegal homeland surveillance network? And instead of arresting everyone involved and whoever gave the orders for treason, we persecuted the guy who spilled the beans? 

I'd contend that public facing government projects are incompetent on purpose, so private government projects can be brushed off as conspiracy, no matter how many times the "conspiracies" have proven to be true. 

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/14/24 1:46 p.m.

Mr_Asa is a deep state agent and only started this thread to see who is a conspiracist.  He then reports them so that they can be tracked.

prodarwin
prodarwin MegaDork
9/14/24 2:25 p.m.

Not every traffic circle is perfect, but they are, on average, a LOT more effective than traffic lights.  And I've never seen one fail when the power goes out, unlike traffic lights.  Surely there is a reason for this.

The common defense I see is not a very good one:  "Americans are dumb and don't understand circles".

Anyway, back to consipracy theories, I like to make stickers of them for my cars and see who asks about them

Datsun240ZGuy
Datsun240ZGuy MegaDork
9/14/24 2:41 p.m.
Stampie said:

Mr_Asa is a deep state agent and only started this thread to see who is a conspiracist.  He then reports them so that they can be tracked.

I don't think that's the case cause we all know "they" listen to all our cell phone calls so "they" already know who the conspirators are. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
9/14/24 4:23 p.m.

In reply to prodarwin :

A traffic engineer once told me that circles result in significantly more fender benders, but significantly fewer fatalities, especially among older / elderly drivers.

tester (Forum Supporter)
tester (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
9/14/24 5:32 p.m.

I'm just about ready for the lizard people to reset the Matrix to the 2000 backup file. LOL 

Kreb (Forum Supporter)
Kreb (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/14/24 6:00 p.m.

In reply to tester (Forum Supporter) :

They already have

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
9/14/24 10:04 p.m.
Duke said:

In reply to prodarwin :

A traffic engineer once told me that circles result in significantly more fender benders, but significantly fewer fatalities, especially among older / elderly drivers.

So you're saying they're intentionally sending business to body shops and screwing over the morticians?

02Pilot
02Pilot PowerDork
9/14/24 10:13 p.m.
ShawnG said:

If you haven't seen it. Watch it. 

/thread

Literally the first thing I thought of when this thread popped up.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
9/15/24 8:31 a.m.

Google can't help me, but once upon a time I heard on of an alien craft crashing.  The survivors split up, half went east, half to the west.  The ones headed east took the Bering Strait Land Link.  Environment dictated lifestyles.  Look at the similarities in Asians and Native Americans' appearance.  

Just someone's theory.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
9/15/24 10:23 a.m.

We share 99% of our DNA with chimpanzees. We are different looking...because at one time, we were semi-aquatic. Our nose pushes water to the side when we dive. Our feet are paddle like. Webbing between our fingers for propulsion as well. Hairless for less drag.

Like 914, I can't remember where I heard this one, somewhere in the late 80s, on Discovery, when Discovery still showed documentaries.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
EiCc4loJ2sY2DHiIlslqTG9wBfusRIzqtlc3kw8W4FmSSuOjSFMKuRpAoaTyNaKV