1 2 3 ... 5
iceracer
iceracer PowerDork
12/8/16 10:11 a.m.

Looks like an early cold snap will hit the northern tier next week.

Looks like a good ice racing season.

92dxman
92dxman SuperDork
12/8/16 10:35 a.m.

North Dakota:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/winter-storm-slams-north-dakota/story?id=44033477

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
12/8/16 10:39 a.m.

LOLZERS

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltimaDork
12/8/16 10:39 a.m.

It's 26* and snowing here in central Indiana. Please, make it go away.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/8/16 10:43 a.m.

This just in: It's December, and thus winter in the northern hemisphere. Nobody should be surprised. And yet, somehow, people always seem to be surprised every year.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/8/16 10:47 a.m.
Keith Tanner wrote: This just in: It's December, and thus winter in the northern hemisphere. Nobody should be surprised. And yet, somehow, people always seem to be surprised every year.

Just like in August when it's 100 degrees and 125% humidity. Like it's never happened before in the history of ever.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
12/8/16 10:48 a.m.

I'm loving it. I'm hating myself because I was in a rush this morning and grabbed the wrong coat and gloves, but I am loving the weather.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltimaDork
12/8/16 10:53 a.m.
Keith Tanner wrote: This just in: It's December, and thus winter in the northern hemisphere. Nobody should be surprised. And yet, somehow, people always seem to be surprised every year.

You shut your whore mouth. I know you're right, but I want it to me April.

java230
java230 Dork
12/8/16 11:01 a.m.

Its supposed to snow in Seattle tonight. You want to see a poop storm? Seattle drivers + snow.....

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/8/16 11:06 a.m.

I have to take the M5 over to Denver next week. Looking at the forecast for the passes, it's snow, snow, snow, rain turning to snow, snow, snow, snow and then snow to follow.

Let's hope it's clear enough for me to get over and back!

slowride
slowride HalfDork
12/8/16 11:14 a.m.

I guess I really am going to have to get out my winter coat.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UltimaDork
12/8/16 11:18 a.m.

Driving my 2wd truck to Michigan in a week. This should be a blast. Looking forward to sitting still and watching it snow while I'm there.

Apexcarver
Apexcarver PowerDork
12/8/16 11:21 a.m.
Keith Tanner wrote: it's snow, snow, snow, rain turning to snow, snow, snow, snow and then snow to follow.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/anwy2MPT5RE

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltimaDork
12/8/16 11:25 a.m.
mazdeuce wrote: Driving my 2wd truck to Michigan in a week. This should be a blast. Looking forward to sitting still and watching it snow while I'm there.

MEh, I've never owned a 4wd truck.

edizzle89
edizzle89 Dork
12/8/16 11:33 a.m.

I love the snow, if we could have just a constant ~4" of snow at all times from December 1 til March 1 i would be a happy camper

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ SuperDork
12/8/16 11:34 a.m.

I'll be working in my unheated garage and driving a rwd car to work, like always

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UltimaDork
12/8/16 11:40 a.m.

Moved out of the snow 16 years ago. I drive in it a couple days a year every couple of years. I can drive in it just fine, what I can't do nearly as well is read the roads when they start to get precipitation sticking to them. I also have to reset braking distances and closing distances. All of this used to be automatic, now I have to think about it, which makes it harder. I'll be fine.

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
12/8/16 11:41 a.m.

I'm moving next week. The temperature is supposed to drop to mid teens the day after I close.

thedanimal
thedanimal Reader
12/8/16 11:48 a.m.

It's a bit nipply here in Austin for the next day or 2. The news is in a frenzy about the "first freeze" I heard something about snow flurries also.

KyAllroad
KyAllroad UberDork
12/8/16 11:52 a.m.

It's not the cold so much as the unrelenting DARK we have to tolerate for the next couple of months. I wanna hibernate!

Huckleberry
Huckleberry MegaDork
12/8/16 11:54 a.m.

We had smash-o-rama here Monday evening. THe first real squall that stuck to the roads. 45 days from now people will be driving on a pack of ice every day and not even notice but that first one gives the body shops their annual xmas bonus every year. Without fail.

BlueInGreen44
BlueInGreen44 Dork
12/8/16 12:02 p.m.
Huckleberry wrote: We had smash-o-rama here Monday evening. THe first real squall that stuck to the roads.

That's happening in the Detroit area right now. I get to watch from my window at work for endless entertainment.

Edit: But somehow here the lesson never sinks in and each new snowfall brings more carnage.

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 MegaDork
12/8/16 12:03 p.m.

New and mounted earlier today.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/8/16 12:18 p.m.

I spent a fair part of last night smacking mosquitoes. I wish it would freeze just to kill off those little bastards.

HappyAndy
HappyAndy PowerDork
12/8/16 1:29 p.m.
JohnRW1621 wrote: New and mounted earlier today.

Now you just have to worry about the 98% of vehicles that don't have those, 50% of which are on worn out pepboys specials.

1 2 3 ... 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
00VPoEwd6dpSF9ZtajzA30SGFhZZMkCAKSZ8pic4KR99l1LCDDWZrDLO37283FBj