AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter)
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
11/8/23 10:22 p.m.

Looking for a wheel to mount some 200 TW tires for rallycross on hard pack clay or other auto adventures (autocross, TNIA, etc).  17x8 5x114.3 with 40-50mm offset is ideal.

I am thinking Enkei PF01 or RPF01s might be the best.  But Sparco and Konig have offerings within a pound that might work too.  Will they be as tough?  

Oh AWD Subaru.  

bmw88rider
bmw88rider GRM+ Memberand UberDork
11/9/23 9:09 a.m.

Too bad it's 5X114.3. I have the perfect rims for you only they are 5x100 to fit a BRZ. 

Otherwise Sparco and method are the more focused rally wheels now a days. So made a little better. 

FooBag (Forum Supporter)
FooBag (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Reader
11/9/23 10:11 a.m.

The hard pack rallycross venues in my area tend to be rather smooth, so I wouldn't be worried about stress fatiguing from bumps.  Assuming the same for your area, I feel like any of the brands that you mentioned would be just fine for the use you describe.

There are several in my region that have been using Konig wheels on all surfaces without issue.

11/9/23 12:23 p.m.

In reply to FooBag (Forum Supporter) :

Thanks for the information!

11/9/23 8:48 p.m.
FooBag (Forum Supporter) said:

The hard pack rallycross venues in my area tend to be rather smooth, so I wouldn't be worried about stress fatiguing from bumps.  Assuming the same for your area, I feel like any of the brands that you mentioned would be just fine for the use you describe.

There are several in my region that have been using Konig wheels on all surfaces without issue.

Thanks again got a solid deal on sone Konigs.  I will put the 200. TW tires on there and get all seasons for commuting on the stockers.

fatallightning
fatallightning HalfDork
11/10/23 10:08 a.m.

I've had some friends say the RPF being a soft wheel, but maybe for rallyx, soft is better than brittle? Konig flow formed on a couple cars and buddies, no complaints.

iansane
iansane GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/10/23 10:45 a.m.

Compomotive TH2-1781

https://www.comp.co.uk/products/product.asp?item=th2-1781-34-163

I don't know how much those are specifically but I had a set of th1781's shipped from the UK directly for 1200. I tried around for months for a US distributor and then just broke down and submitted the form on their UK website asking who sells them stateside and then just offered to ship from the UK. They're a great motorsports wheel. Looks like 17x8 in 5x114.3 with an et42 is available.

11/10/23 11:03 a.m.

In reply to iansane :

Those are amazing!  I may get some in a few years after I've gotten the life out of the OEM wheels.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
N92F7NCPW5QQLaBSb6Q19yuR5oabecPoXQ10vLt4hVoZiXCnRVJcyg5xlCKtAPZq