1 2
Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/28/19 11:59 a.m.
Pete Gossett said:

My wife has it, though I’ve never seen her fingers get that bad. Migraines are the worst problem for her though. Ultimately her Raynaud’s is one of the main reasons we moved from IL to the coast, and fortunately her symptoms have been far more mild since we moved. . 

It is kinda weird how Reynaud's and migraines seem to go together.

I am rather glad that I no longer drive ill-engineered German cars that are designed to blast cold air from the center vents.  I assume it never gets cold in Germany.

SaxyHero
SaxyHero New Reader
5/24/24 12:12 a.m.

Searching the www for raynaud's I found this thread! I too suffer from this and am wondering if anyone has had success with anything since this thread is about 5 years old now. 

My life line is a rechargeable hand warmer and on my wish list is a heated steering wheel cover, lol Also labeled the freak at work since I'm wearing gloves while my coworkers are peeling off layers. 

Further proof that everything is on this forum and this community is mighty! 

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/24/24 9:22 p.m.

Everything is talked about on this forum it seems lol

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
5/24/24 9:46 p.m.

In reply to SaxyHero :

I've heard compression gloves/socks can help. I just use hothands and make my employer pay for them.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/24/24 10:10 p.m.

One of the worst was when I worked in a poorly heated shop for a couple months in the winter, with no hot water at the sink.

I took to clamping vise-grips to the front of one of the portable radiant heaters in the building and I'd grab them from time to time.

It was really neat when I got a thermal imager. You could see exactly where the blood flow was shutting down on my fingers.  This happens any time it's below 60F.

nlevine
nlevine GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
5/24/24 11:26 p.m.

Mine gets triggered randomly in the afternoons, regardless of temperature sometimes. Of course, trying to play a saxophone gig outdoors in 50-ish degree weather was no fun, either. I had to look to see that my fingers were in the right positions because I couldn't actually feel the keys. Good times...

Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter)
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/25/24 4:42 p.m.

In reply to SaxyHero :

My wife started monthly injections for her migraines around 6-months(or a bit more) ago that have been working very well for her. The only downside is the actual medicine when injected into her leg is excruciatingly painful - she seriously screams like it was an amputation. Thankfully the pain is only momentary & the relief lasts for weeks. 

Her other symptoms were largely resolved by us moving south, out of the Midwest. 

secretariata (Forum Supporter)
secretariata (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/25/24 7:18 p.m.

Just as an FYI, not saying any of you suffering from Raynauds has or will develop systemic scleroderma, but Raynauds was the first noticeable symptom my wife had. There is also about a 35% correlation where folks with scleroderma had Hashimoto's thyroiditis prior. 

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/25/24 7:30 p.m.

Huh, my Mom had hashimotos and then they nuked her thyroid in her thirties.  Her younger sister also had it.

Absolutely everyone in my family gets migraines.

secretariata (Forum Supporter)
secretariata (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/25/24 8:22 p.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

When my wife was diagnosed with Hashimotos, she was the youngest person ever diagnosed with it (8 years old IIRC) and was the subject of some medical paper.

SaxyHero
SaxyHero New Reader
5/25/24 11:33 p.m.
N Sperlo said:

In reply to SaxyHero :

I've heard compression gloves/socks can help. I just use hothands and make my employer pay for them.

I actually got some compression gloves yesterday! Pretty much live in them now and they were a great help at an all day outdoor event I was at today which was barely over 60° if that. 

SaxyHero
SaxyHero New Reader
5/25/24 11:43 p.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

It's crazy what we put ourselves through to be able to bring our hands back to life. I freaked my doctor out when i told him i basically burn my hands on my hand warmer that gets to 55°c. 

I too have issues with temps below 60, which is a hot spring day up here in north Idaho so I look like a crazy person bundled up wearing gloves. 

SaxyHero
SaxyHero New Reader
5/25/24 11:50 p.m.

In reply to nlevine :

That sounds awful! Cold and holding onto a metal object for a few hours! I play sax as well but haven't had the joy of experiencing that yet. Just showing up to my piano students house hoping my hands look normal by the time i get there. 

The compression gloves I found on amazon have open finger tips. That might help you out or just bring you back to matching band days. :)

SaxyHero
SaxyHero New Reader
5/25/24 11:59 p.m.

In reply to Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) :

That sounds terrible but I'm glad the medication works for her! I was taking a prescribed calcium blocker but that caused more problems so I'm starting magnesium supplements again soon along with cbd that has been helping. 

peanutpckrupper
peanutpckrupper Reader
5/26/24 8:08 a.m.

I've been told I have it by my Dr though I'm not sure I actually do. I don't really have a problem with my hands, but if it's below 75 degrees my toes freeze. I bought heated socks (like battery operated) this past winter finally and they were a godsend. 

Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter)
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/26/24 6:41 p.m.

In reply to SaxyHero :

Today was her injection day, so I checked & the name of it is Aimovig. 

SaxyHero
SaxyHero New Reader
5/27/24 11:22 p.m.

In reply to Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) :

Thank you; I'll look into it and see if it will help me too! 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
MdUuxe00RX1BYzKP7LDiOhkPqtISXpkBeBClaIh9jZlnu1Im8ZJQBMISfo5y5387