Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/10/15 2:17 p.m.

I've been checking in periodically at the local Fiat dealership and Wednesday marked the arrival of the new Alfa 4c

So I took the kid to go see it today (he's about 2 and a half) and my GOD that is one beautiful automobile! It seriously made my knees weak (not good since I was holding said kid). The kid called the 4c an "Alfa" which impressed the sales man quite a bit, but still wouldn't budge on the "no test drive thing...

All this was followed by the google search "can you really donate a testicle for money?"

Unfortunately, no...

That is all.

2.0dohc
2.0dohc Reader
1/10/15 4:03 p.m.

Did you need your spare pants? I keep a set in the Focus just in case I see one.

Nick_Comstock
Nick_Comstock PowerDork
1/10/15 5:18 p.m.

I hope it looks better in person than it does in pictures and videos. To my eye it looks very ungainly.

NOHOME
NOHOME UltraDork
1/10/15 6:12 p.m.

Reminds me of my MGB GT. It is a car that I will never tire of looking at, and I really enjoy how it handles. True automotive art.

EVERTHING else about the car pisses me off. I have a feeling the C4 would be the same deal.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/10/15 7:05 p.m.

I saw one a few weeks ago. In person it is beautiful.

Hungary Bill
1/10/15 8:19 p.m.

Absolutely beautiful. There was no part of it that didn't absolutely make my heart race (and no spare pants, I had to sit in the stuff for the rest of the day).

I really did look on google to see if I could raise the money by donating a testicle. If someone needs one my price is $80,000

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/10/15 8:19 p.m.

I'd like to know if any American has actually fit inside one yet.

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic PowerDork
1/10/15 8:23 p.m.

In reply to Woody:

Didn't Clarkson drive one a while back? He's American sized.

EDIT: http://www.driving.co.uk/car-reviews/the-clarkson-review-alfa-romeo-4c-2013/ "I fitted easily."

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
1/10/15 8:51 p.m.

The only one I remember was the Hamster driving one in that race against Clarkson around/on the lake. The Hamster is definitely not American sized.

I think if/when I get the time to travel to the nearest dealer (I think they are in the Bay Area) I'll have to check one out.

84FSP
84FSP Reader
1/10/15 8:58 p.m.

Thrilled they are making this car. It seems like a perfect spiritual successor to the Exige...

rob_lewis
rob_lewis SuperDork
1/10/15 9:19 p.m.
Woody wrote: I'd like to know if any American has actually fit inside one yet.

The Smoking Tire guy fit in one and tested it. He's not exactly tiny....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWV6TWsNqlw

-Rob

Beer Baron
Beer Baron UltimaDork
1/11/15 12:22 p.m.

Turboeric
Turboeric GRM+ Memberand New Reader
1/11/15 1:01 p.m.

I saw one in Copenhagen this summer. The guy was stuck in traffic, an opening appeared, and he punched it. What a noise! Owning one would be worthwhile for the exhaust note alone.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy PowerDork
1/11/15 1:57 p.m.
Turboeric wrote: I saw one in Copenhagen this summer........

A testicle? Those Europeans are way too liberal for me.

Turboeric
Turboeric GRM+ Memberand New Reader
1/11/15 5:48 p.m.
Datsun310Guy wrote:
Turboeric wrote: I saw one in Copenhagen this summer........
A testicle? Those Europeans are way too liberal for me.

Yes, but they're tough. Would you punch one in the middle of traffic?

Ponder
Ponder New Reader
1/12/15 7:46 a.m.

I drove by the Fiat/Alfa dealership in my area and they didn't appear to have any Alfas. Are they allowed to do that?

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
1/12/15 8:02 a.m.

The 4C is gorgeous. I just hope them build and sell enough so they trash in value like the rest of the Fiats so I can afford one!

Jerry
Jerry SuperDork
1/12/15 8:16 a.m.

I haven't seen one in person yet, but I did see Hammond's test drive on Top Gear at a friend's with cable. (I'm assuming if it's a different UK version it will be similar at least). EDIT: maybe it was Clarkson then, haven't had my coffee yet.

I really really liked the look. I'm sure my Fiat dealer will be contacting me, he knows I'm more than the average "car is appliance" owner.

Hungary Bill
1/12/15 8:19 a.m.

I'm thinking I need to get in contact with the dealership and see if they'll start a "test drive" program. I pay $100, you let me drive it for 20-minutes and attack an on-ramp or a clover leaf or something.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
1/12/15 9:26 p.m.

I was touring my soon to be home town of Falls Church, VA and passed the Fiat dealership. What did my lonely eyes spy inside? A nice 4C.

This was 5 blocks from where the Ducati dealership is.

And 10 from my new apartment.

I think I am going to like my new home town.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
06HicPGmNctAAetObGquhp3jPU9Pn9H5UUNCV2m51A1GBa9y6yohDnvODmCIaEEG