1 2
Jay_W
Jay_W SuperDork
5/10/24 12:50 a.m.

Don't get me wrong, I loved the Martian, book and movie (it's one of the most beautiful films, on many different levels), even though Mars doesn't have wind like that. He had to come up with *something* to separate Watney from the crew and once that's done it was pretty easy to move on and enjoy the trip. But the number of times Andy had to do *something* with hail mary... geez after (several) "now-wait-justaminute's" and going back and re-reading section after section just to make sure that yep, he rly went there, yeah it got pretty jarring and made it awful tough to just sit back and enjoy the story. Maybe an audiobook is better indicated for this one. I'll see the movie, and hope for the best. 

ClearWaterMS
ClearWaterMS HalfDork
5/28/24 8:58 a.m.

i finished this book (did the audio book) at the start of the holiday weekend.   I liked the book very much and because I am not deep enough in the science to know the difference between science fiction and science fantasy I had no trouble with the suspension of disbelief.  I have 2 other books in queue but after that I think i'm going to pick up Artemis based on the reactions here on this thread.  

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
RYCBCtdgiAnm2vIYYnQJ3Zs0rIF0NVGtvLwjr4zdb1WF7gs6OvztoPAJ9Ty2ibUW