1 2 3
Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa UberDork
6/16/21 8:47 p.m.

My vote is something trucky.  

If not, the right Nova could probably do it.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
6/16/21 9:06 p.m.

Do a bunch of work to restore a car only to then have the car try to kill you.  Oh, the car looks innocent but it is really pure evil...

Maserati BiTurbo

If something larger is needed, the Maserati Quattroporte

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte UltraDork
6/16/21 9:18 p.m.

Minivan,nasty things happpen in Chrissslers.

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt UltimaDork
6/17/21 7:20 a.m.
Jay_W said:

The one trouble with using any of the Malaise-era cars is just that. Malaise. They weren't bad to the bone. They were sort of not very good to the bone. The hood wouldn't slam on a line workers' hand, oh dear me no. It would slowy settle as the hinge struts failed and trap the workers' lunch bag or something. Maybe someone barks a shin on the bumper. It might *like* to be bad and evil but it just doesn't have the gumption....

But what if having the kid remove the smog equipment and rebuild the motor with a few basic performance parts suddenly gives the car the ability to act out the evil plans it's been nurturing for the past half century? devil

gearheadmb
gearheadmb SuperDork
6/17/21 8:17 a.m.
californiamilleghia said:

What about a model only sold in Canada 

Canadian cars would be the anti-Christine. It comes to life and shows up at your house on saturday morning stocked with fishing equipment and a 12 pack of Molson, ready for a fun day. 

Real Christine needs to have butt ugly styling that a small portion of people find appealing for some reason. Nismo Juke.

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia SuperDork
6/17/21 12:37 p.m.
gearheadmb said:

Canadian cars would be the anti-Christine. It comes to life and shows up at your house on saturday morning stocked with fishing equipment and a 12 pack of Molson, ready for a fun day. 

Real Christine needs to have butt ugly styling that a small portion of people find appealing for some reason. Nismo Juke.

OK......then a Brazilian / Argentina pick-up truck , hard to get that much ugly in one old truck !

Story on Brazilian Chevy truck , not as ugly as I remembered

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/south-american-chevy-c10-pickup-we-cant-get/

slefain
slefain PowerDork
6/17/21 12:39 p.m.
gearheadmb said:

You rang?

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/17/21 12:43 p.m.
wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L) said:
03Panther said:
Keith Tanner said:

Agreed, I think a 12v Cummins would drop pretty nicely into the Christine story.

Unfortunately, if the movie made it "up" to a B movie or more, it would only make the stupid plan of tuning a diesel to intentionally run poorly, just to make a cloud of soot, more popular than it already is. We def. don't want to encourage anything as misunderstood as that!

I completely agree that it is a horrible idea, and might help popularize some terrible trends, but think it would be a hit (I don't have a very high opinion of the average person right now).

I mean, think of it, The soundtrack could be Lyle Lovett, Garth Brooks, et al. The wimpy kid gets a cowboy hat, boots, and truck nutz. If you're going to ruin that movie by re-imagining it, I say go for it.

Oh, and yeah, I agree that a malaise era Magnum would be trueist to form for a serious reboot.

I guess if the truck was evil enough that it had to be battered to death by a sewage-filled tanker, maybe it wouldn't be considered heroic and maybe you wouldn't want your truck billowing smoke the same way?

Then again, Darth Vader is now a good guy so yeah, probably.

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
Ian F (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
6/17/21 1:38 p.m.

For better or worse, I could totally see Christine getting remade with the bro-dozer crowd in mind... kid wants a truck to be part of the "in crowd"... but his family can't afford the kind trucks to other kids in school have...  finds a ratty old truck with a questionable past...  and the story goes from there.  The truck itself could be something off the wall most kids wouldn't want... like an old Studabaker or something.

noddaz
noddaz GRM+ Memberand UberDork
6/18/21 8:38 p.m.

I like the Magnum idea.  

But it still needs to be a Fury.  Back story: Beat up Fury is bought by youthful wanna be car owner from Co-Part auction.  Reportedly previous owner killed himself in it in some small town in Hazzard County Georgia.

A 1955 Chevy?  WTH?  The movie is already a fail.

Of course we could get REALLY silly here.  Backstory.  A group of like minded individuals buys a WWII relic, but it is still angry and hunts them all down.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
5lvEC2maHVr1TqgSQ2AL82sKxtbyvGiM2JyQFDX3KeHr9I9f0iykuJEJfpb7XHzd