oldeskewltoy
oldeskewltoy Dork
4/16/13 11:51 a.m.
thestig99 wrote: Oh, this thread again

only post worth quoting.......

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
4/16/13 11:51 a.m.
poopshovel wrote: Love the look. Hate the "culture." Same goes for a lot of other car-related stuff. See also: Drifting. Then again, I hate getting thrown into the "ricer" stereotype because I drive modified Hon-"duh"s.

I want an EG Coupe so bad it hurts. I'd do some things to it that some of the codgier of the codgers might call "rice."

Don't care.

There needs to be a fine line between Miata.net and ClubRoadster.

Both suck for the same reason, just polar opposites.

poopshovel
poopshovel UltimaDork
4/16/13 12:05 p.m.
Swank Force One wrote:
poopshovel wrote: Love the look. Hate the "culture." Same goes for a lot of other car-related stuff. See also: Drifting. Then again, I hate getting thrown into the "ricer" stereotype because I drive modified Hon-"duh"s.
I want an EG Coupe so bad it hurts. I'd do some things to it that some of the codgier of the codgers might call "rice." Don't care. There needs to be a fine line between Miata.net and ClubRoadster. Both suck for the same reason, just polar opposites.

They look good in Petty Blue

daytonaer
daytonaer HalfDork
4/16/13 12:07 p.m.

Hella-flush STOCK!

I need one.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
4/16/13 12:11 p.m.
Swank Force One wrote:
I want an EG Coupe so bad it hurts. I'd do some things to it that some of the codgier of the codgers might call "rice." Don't care. There needs to be a fine line between Miata.net and ClubRoadster. Both suck for the same reason, just polar opposites.

Mine is getting green wheels.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
4/16/13 12:14 p.m.
poopshovel wrote:
Swank Force One wrote:
They look good in Petty Blue

I'll take mine with a nasty LS-Vtec or a "G23 Vtec" and an Apexi WS2 exhaust, please and thank you.

Ashyukun
Ashyukun GRM+ Memberand Reader
4/16/13 12:17 p.m.
daytonaer wrote: Hella-flush STOCK! I need one.

That cat can go lower bro...

jere
jere Reader
4/16/13 1:56 p.m.
LainfordExpress wrote: I just always like to think what they say on their forums about us: "So they cram these oversized stupid expensive tires on the stock wheels (heh, morons), or worse, they buy new wheels that are the same size and use them. Then they drive around a parking lot for, like, a minute, and then argue over who was better! Also, these stupid tires wear out after like 5-6 of their stupid shows! And they spend like $5000 on these horrible shocks, but don't even change the springs! I mean, how fun can it be to drive a 20 year old Miata around for a couple minutes!"

LOL you are giving them too much credit. In reality they just say "Haters gonna hate" over and over, only in all caps and wrong spellings. That and ask why we don't have bagged suspension, and ebay coilovers

Jerry
Jerry Reader
4/16/13 2:03 p.m.

I have a Scion friend on his second bagged Scion, even after all the issues on his first one...

Anti-stance
Anti-stance UltraDork
4/16/13 2:24 p.m.

In reply to Chris_V:

All of those cars you hotlinked are not the same as stanced cars. Much like fast and the furious style wings and neons are not the same "culture". We have had this discussion including that Falcon before. It's not because of the cars height, it's the doucheness that goes with it. Just like bro-dozers.

I literally just got done with a ticket here at work on a stanced E34. I had to flip his tires. He kept coming into the shop and talking about how hard he was on the car at a track day a few days ago.

He "wanted to show people that you can track a stanced car"

His words, not mine.

Chris_V
Chris_V UltraDork
4/16/13 4:09 p.m.
Anti-stance wrote: In reply to Chris_V: All of those cars you hotlinked are not the same as stanced cars. Much like fast and the furious style wings and neons are not the same "culture". We have had this discussion including that Falcon before. It's not because of the cars height, it's the doucheness that goes with it. Just like bro-dozers.

What I was responding to was the misplaced outrage in the post about OMG They did something to their cars for LOOKS! How HORRIBLE! It's the same crap that gets generated year in and year out by closed minded road race types that can't stand anything done for looks and not performance (talk about doucheness). Well, it's BS of the stinkiest order and I will address it every time it gets posted.

Modding your car for looks does NOT MEAN RICER as the post I was responding to blatantly said. And the cars I posted were addressing that exact sentiment.

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
4/16/13 4:18 p.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote:
Chris_V wrote: Not every car has to be built as a berkleying race car to be valid.
Lies. Non-conformist thinkers forum that-a-way ----------------------->>>

Plus eleventy brazillion.

Anti-stance
Anti-stance UltraDork
4/16/13 6:14 p.m.

In reply to Chris_V:

I hear ya.

My dislike of stanced cars isn't because someone did something to their car for looks, that is EXACTLY what I am doing to my Ranch Wagon. I can't stand the culture of "bro, I am gonna try and get these 155/55s stretched onto a 9" wheel" kinda crap. It's like "I have a bigger wiener" syndrome shared with bro-dozers and tires sizes. I have to do the stupid stuff at work. I do not dig the look of prolapsing tires to fit on wide wheels. It looks stupid and its a pain in the ass to do. If those skinny jeans wearing dorks didn't come back to our shop, no one but our boss would care. Some of the Stance Works guys get their E36 M3 done for free.

My boss is a huge stance fanboy and makes fun of me because I drive a boring ass Camry appliance to work. Do I get a sympathy vote, I sure as hell hope not. It is what it is.

poopshovel
poopshovel UltimaDork
4/17/13 7:19 a.m.

You had my sympathy right up until you said "It is what it is."

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
4/17/13 7:26 a.m.
Anti-stance wrote: I do not dig the look of prolapsing ... its a pain in the ass ... Some of the Stance Works guys get their E36 M3 done.

Using my Evelyn Wood reading comprehension techniques I was able to distill that wall of text down to only the meaningful parts in just seconds.

SCARR
SCARR Reader
4/17/13 8:06 a.m.

In reply to Chris_V:

your problem is you jumped to a conclusion.

I never said they were JUST RICERS.. you did. I said exactly ricers (bad wording.. and that may have caused your confusion):

what is a Ricer: someone that that mods for looks, with no performance.. and many times to the point of making the car WORSE as far as performance. many other styles do that too. but Ricers were the last big trend with a name to do that... and now stanced, and hellaflush.. and such.

Stance does the same thing. and so do others. heck, many brodozers are the exact same thing, too: they look touch, but can't actually offroad.

this discussion is people complaining about the MOST STANCED.. the ones that ARE dangerous... tiny contact patch due to extreme camber. tires barely attached to the wheels, due to super stretching. incredible instability, due to minute suspension travel. and grinding off frame/bolts/etc.. due to not being more than a couple inches MAX off the ground.

I am fine with people doing mods that they look good.. Heck I do them all the time. but what stancetards WANT is to get as dangerous as possible with the mods. it is all about having the balls to go lower, more stretched, more cambered. I live in a college town.. I know these people. it is about balls, trust me. the buy with the lowest, tirestretchedest, camberedest car is the manliest, because he has the balls to do that, and then drive the car.

none the less, stance is the exact same thing as rice. looks, and not performance. irrelevant if other styles are the same also, the fact remains: they are the same. arguing that stance/hellaflush and ricers are not the same because other styles have done mods for looks, is just arguing for the sake of arguing. relax, bro.

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/17/13 12:27 p.m.
Anti-stance wrote: It's not because of the cars height, it's the doucheness that goes with it. Just like bro-dozers.

QFT

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
4/17/13 12:34 p.m.

HOT.

SCARR
SCARR Reader
4/17/13 12:37 p.m.

In reply to Swank Force One:

whenever i see a car like that.. i want to just give it a push sideways to see if the tires pop off the beads.

Duke
Duke PowerDork
4/17/13 12:37 p.m.
Swank Force One wrote: HOT.

Some people like skinny ice-queen women with fake boobs, too. Whatever paddles your canoe, I guess.

yamaha
yamaha UltraDork
4/17/13 1:18 p.m.

In reply to Swank Force One:

HappyAndy
HappyAndy SuperDork
4/17/13 2:55 p.m.

Wow! Still going after 4 pages!

Swank Force One wrote: HOT.

So since this topic is going I have a question. How the hell do they get the tires to do that? One of the cars that I saw that prompted me to start this discussion had tires stretched considerably more than the one in this pic! Between the camber and strectched tire, it looked like the inside flange of the rim was an inch from the pavement.

BTW, personally I don't have a problem with people modifying cars just for looks. I do have a problem with modifications poorly crafted and down right dangerous being driven by clueless kids on the same roads that I drive on.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
4/17/13 2:58 p.m.
HappyAndy wrote:

So since this topic is going I have a question. How the hell do they get the tires to do that?

I usually use sticky tires and just drive really fast. They do that just past the apex when I get on the power. They must be using a really fast shutter in that pic becuae it looks like it isn't even moving.

Anti-stance
Anti-stance UltraDork
4/17/13 3:29 p.m.

In reply to HappyAndy:

As long as the wheel has a drop center on one side or the other and not both sides, using a cheetah to seat the beads is not too hard. As long as it isn't something too stupid like a 185 on a 10" wheel.

SCARR
SCARR Reader
4/17/13 3:31 p.m.

In reply to Anti-stance:

what? I do not understand half the words you just used. learn me mounting tires, please.

1 2 3 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
KZ4gdR0Cab6EmgsaWj6PNW06nNuAav8gLUgcJjYfIFetHKRYIKj0vlGnwqxh0QPK