Zeus
Zeus New Reader
9/2/11 8:56 p.m.

Some time ago one of the editors wrote a fun column on the subdevelopment where his home is and how he and his buddies used the area prehomes going up to test their driving talent.

With all the neighborhoods, developments, etc. that are sitting uninhabited today are there any out there that standout?

I do not support street racing or speeding for that matter but the mind does wonder......

MitchellC
MitchellC Dork
9/2/11 10:20 p.m.

A few local guys were doing just this on motorcycles not too long ago. One guy hit a sandy spot and he and his 1098 ended up in a ditch. In short, just be wary of poor conditions, hidden curbs, etc..

gamby
gamby SuperDork
9/2/11 11:14 p.m.

RI is still pretty densely populated. I don't know of any completely deserted subdivisions, but then again, I haven't really looked.

Quite a few deserted McMansions in various states of completion, though.

speedblind
speedblind Reader
9/3/11 5:53 a.m.

Based on past experience, you should live in AZ or NV. CA has its fair share though.

joey48442
joey48442 SuperDork
9/3/11 7:06 a.m.

Isn't that how a track in california came about many years ago? Riverside or something?

Joey

madpanda
madpanda New Reader
9/3/11 12:57 p.m.

There is a whole city like that in Southern California. Called appropriately enough, California City. It's all laid out but the roads aren't paved so it's perfect for all the local rally guys to get together.

Only problems are that it's in the desert so it gets ridiculously hot in the summer and in the winter it's overrun with dirt bikers that you have to be careful not to squish.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid HalfDork
9/3/11 1:42 p.m.

There are several underdeveloped subdivisions in the South Chicago Suburbs. Most of them already are paved with curbs. Some only have a couple houses.

A couple friends of mine were playing with this idea.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
jvp7YFS3iUil2SL4PuK6bd1WM1imukICKlx7ACKJzeqwBFgDK9YwxrM9d03mispI