1 2
Type Q
Type Q HalfDork
4/8/09 2:27 p.m.

I wonder if there is a way to estimate accurately how many hundreds of tons of stuff has been kept out of landfills by eBay and Craigslist.

P71
P71 GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/8/09 2:40 p.m.
Type Q wrote: I wonder if there is a way to estimate accurately how many hundreds of tons of stuff has been kept out of landfills by eBay and Craigslist.

Not enough to offset the metric tons of cheap knock-off Pacific Rim E36 M3 that's all they sell now. Shopping eBay Motors makes me want to shoot out kneecaps.

nickel_dime
nickel_dime Dork
4/8/09 7:08 p.m.
Type Q wrote: I wonder if there is a way to estimate accurately how many hundreds of tons of stuff has been kept out of landfills by eBay and Craigslist.

Somebody has to keep the shipping companies afloat.

CivicSiRacer
CivicSiRacer Reader
4/15/09 10:19 a.m.

Things I've sold:

old Alf hand puppet doll from Burger King: $20 lots of odd toys from Burger King and McDonalds: $1-$50 Turbo magazines Import Tuner magazines old Honda Civic tape deck old paper speakers

various posters

NYG95GA
NYG95GA Dork
4/15/09 3:21 p.m.

Although I have an account to do it, I've never sold anything on eBay. I intend to some day.

I did buy an NYG Neon on it once by accident; I threw out a lowball bid (or so I thought), and ended up with the car anyway, after winning the auction.

Anybody want to buy an NYG Neon?

weezilusa
weezilusa New Reader
4/15/09 3:48 p.m.
Will wrote: I would recommend not eating anything you buy on ebay.

I think the best thing I have sold on ebay was a Bass Guitar that had a cracked neck. A guy picked it up locally, and I sold it for more than I had originally paid when it was still operational. This thread has me inspired to go post some things on ebay to see what happens.

Jerry From LA
Jerry From LA Reader
4/16/09 9:04 a.m.
curtis73 wrote: I'm on the opposite side now. I really like the smell of Victoria perfume on my wife, but Vicky's Secret discontinued it almost a decade ago. So I'm going to go to Ebay to try and find a bottle of it :)

Don't perfumes go rancid or change scent after long periods?

RossD
RossD New Reader
4/16/09 12:42 p.m.

I saw an ad for a Xbox 360's box. The ad stated that no xbox 360 will be in the box when delivered and that the box was in excellent shape. It was very explicit about what was offered in the sale but if you just glanced over the ad it looked like the actual piece of electronics was going to be inside. That was right when it came out and there was a fevered rush to get your hands on one. It went for some amount more than an actual 360 and it was just the box. I'm guess it was kids bidding on it with daddy's account. It created a lot of buzz. It prayed on the stupid but any person with common sense got a laugh.

neon4891
neon4891 SuperDork
4/16/09 11:33 p.m.
NYG95GA wrote: Although I have an account to do it, I've never sold anything on eBay. I intend to some day. I did buy an NYG Neon on it once by accident; I threw out a lowball bid (or so I thought), and ended up with the car anyway, after winning the auction. Anybody want to buy an NYG Neon?

OOO, I do, I do. Wait, i need to kick the habit but i want to own a NYG some time, preferably an ACR. So far i have had a Sport coupe and R/T sedan.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Y1DZ5hHi34equmtUmRa0Zki9sQ32pLwc44nwnoSlbH69oqz92r2jy0RZLR7PIRlU