neon4891
neon4891 MegaDork
9/13/15 11:01 p.m.

Or, my 5 hour tire rotation.

Today at noon I went and took my wife's car down to our rental garage to rotate the times before her ref season kicks off. The unit is about 10 minutes from the house. I get down there and realize I forgot the key. 20 minutes home and back down. I get everything ready and go to jack the car up. Turns out the old jack leaks and wont lift more than 5 inches. Time to buy a new jack.

I head out to Walmart to get a few things and a Sunday paper for the Harbor Freight flyer. I cut out the 20% and free flashlight coupons. I pick up the standard 3 ton steel jack and go to check out. While waiting in line I read the fine print on the 20% coupon, excludes floor jacks. Oh well, I need it regardless. HF is also out of the free flashlights.

I get to car afterwards and give the flyer a second look, a coupon for the 3 ton low profile jack has it cheaper than the standard one. Too late, I just need to get this done. Proceed to get gas and some drive through on my way back to the unit. As I get there I remember my sister lives 2 minutes away and her husband should have a jack.

Anyway... I get back to the garage, manage to get the 2 screws for the handle finger tight and get the job done. I pack everything up and go home. I get home, 5pm. That was my day with the 5 hour tire rotation.

ValuePack
ValuePack SuperDork
9/13/15 11:42 p.m.

Cripes! I did a 13 hour fuel tank replacement like that, at least you got it finished!

failboat
failboat UberDork
9/14/15 7:42 a.m.

I thought i had it bad when I had to drive 45 minutes round trip to rent a brake caliper tool to compress the twist-in piston, for a 30 minute pad and rotor replacement.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
aWvXTeAeku5d2FWqRn4lnzxX9zi9I9nWKLYncXwAeh5zltdj1zayaJDohtdCUtp4