1 2 3
poopshovel
poopshovel UltimaDork
2/12/13 2:14 p.m.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
2/12/13 2:19 p.m.

^LOL

Also keep in mind that an official Vatican newspaper once called the Rally Dakar a "vulgar display of power and wealth in places where men continue to die from hunger and thirst."

So it's OK as long as you keep the gold cross away from Africa I guess...

Oh and it's also worth mentioning that the Catholic Church opposes the use of contraception, including in places such as Africa...

yamaha
yamaha SuperDork
2/12/13 2:28 p.m.
GameboyRMH wrote: ^LOL Also keep in mind that an official Vatican newspaper once called the Rally Dakar a "vulgar display of power and wealth in places where men continue to die from hunger and thirst." So it's OK as long as you keep the gold cross away from Africa I guess... Oh and it's also worth mentioning that the Catholic Church opposes the use of contraception, including in places such as Africa...

AFAIK, 99.9% of their money that comes in goes back out to charities, etc.....most of the "expensive" stuff they have today are relics from the plundering the ancient Romans did....

the contreception part, well.....thats their moral belief. If you expect an organization thats been around for over a thousand years to "change" their belief, you've got another thing coming to you.

Sput
Sput Reader
2/12/13 2:32 p.m.

When we used to visit the newly built RC church near Wrightsville Beach that costs MILLIONS, I wondered about how that money should have been better spent. SWMBO quit going there (and taking me) years ago. Now it's PC3, which I recommened (for those of you with a religious persuasion).

poopshovel
poopshovel UltimaDork
2/12/13 2:38 p.m.
AFAIK, 99.9% of their money that comes in goes back out to charities

Says?????? The Nuns? Don't get me wrong, they're no more or less hypocritical when it comes to money than any other religious organization...though they probably take the trophy for 1st in sex scandal dollars ($3 Billion...with a "B," according to the following article,) but c'mon man. Let's not just make E36 M3 up regarding how much money changes hands and where it's going.

http://www.economist.com/node/21560536

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand UberDork
2/12/13 2:50 p.m.
Woody wrote:

LMAO I have not thaught of him in years!!!!

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
2/12/13 2:52 p.m.
GameboyRMH wrote: ^LOL Also keep in mind that an official Vatican newspaper once called the Rally Dakar a "vulgar display of power and wealth in places where men continue to die from hunger and thirst." So it's OK as long as you keep the gold cross away from Africa I guess...

When did that happen?

Appleseed
Appleseed PowerDork
2/12/13 11:05 p.m.
Sput wrote: When we used to visit the newly built RC church ...

I think I belong to some sort of radio control church, or cult, or whatever.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/13/13 12:00 p.m.

New pope?

http://www.comedycentral.com/video-clips/thbnfz/comedy-central-presents-the-pope

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
zyOkK6Eqg5AIUapup72FIxgEO9x2KDaD2iIxHOUyK6MPeB1lShW9dTOxs3bLuG6p