1 2 3 4
MrJoshua
MrJoshua SuperDork
9/26/09 9:47 p.m.

Got his bell rung while throwing a pass! Puts himself at risk by running more than the average running back and ends up getting knocked out standing in the pocket. After brushing off that major collision last week I was beginning to think he actually might be invincible. Guess I was wrong. Today's impact was rather nasty, he ended up being hauled to the hospital vomiting profusely. Pulling for you 15.

ditchdigger
ditchdigger Reader
9/26/09 11:46 p.m.

I have absolutley no idea what any of this means. Seriously the individual words I understand..except for tebow.

I am guessing a sports thing?

GlennS
GlennS HalfDork
9/26/09 11:50 p.m.

a quick google search of Tebow reveals what this post is about. College football QB getting hit in a game. He apparently won the Heisman trophy and is kinda a big deal i guess.

He plays for the florida gators.

carguy123
carguy123 Dork
9/27/09 12:17 a.m.

So we should know him why?

Josh
Josh HalfDork
9/27/09 5:15 a.m.

Oh, so you guys don't like sports? I wish I could be that cool.

You know that guy at work, the one who drives a Prius and thinks nobody should be allowed to build a car that has more than 150 horsepower or gets less than 40 miles per gallon? You're all that guy right now.

Grtechguy
Grtechguy SuperDork
9/27/09 7:01 a.m.

Nah.....we just follow a different breed of sports...

car racing, x-games, etc

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
9/27/09 7:18 a.m.

Tebow is the biggest douche that ever douched a douche!

(sucks that he is hurt, but still a douche)

dxman92
dxman92 Reader
9/27/09 7:49 a.m.
Grtechguy wrote: Nah.....we just follow a different breed of sports... car racing, x-games, etc

+1. Add cycling to the list. I'm the only one of my friends who watches it..

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
9/27/09 8:52 a.m.
maroon92 wrote: Tebow is the biggest douche that ever douched a douche! (sucks that he is hurt, but still a douche)

Really? Tim Tebow? The guy the UK defensive lineman said was "almost too nice to hit" last week before their big game? I admit, he seems prone to sappy speeches, but since when was niceness (or talent) douchey?

Margie

cwh
cwh Dork
9/27/09 8:58 a.m.

He is a fantastic, talented athlete that is a nice person. OK, he comes across a bit dorky, but that's not such a bad thing. My only problem is that he plays for the Gators. (University of Miami fan here, in mourning today)

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/27/09 9:50 a.m.
maroon92 wrote: Tebow is the biggest douche that ever douched a douche! (sucks that he is hurt, but still a douche)

agreed to the billionth power - i frigging hate that guy not for his football but because of his agenda off the field.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn SuperDork
9/27/09 10:35 a.m.
Josh wrote: Oh, so you guys don't like sports? I wish I could be that cool. You know that guy at work, the one who drives a Prius and thinks nobody should be allowed to build a car that has more than 150 horsepower or gets less than 40 miles per gallon? You're all that guy right now.

The trick is to provide some reference so people know what you're talking about...it's like the rest of us walked into the middle of a conversation. I thought maybe you were talking about Billy Blanks and his Taebo exercise program.

redbonechkn
redbonechkn New Reader
9/27/09 11:08 a.m.

He's a great player just don't think he'll succeed after college either way the chosen one has fallen! He knew it was bound to happen! I hope he gets better after Oct. 31 GO DAWGS !!!!!!!!!!!!

Gators wear Jorts!

MrJoshua
MrJoshua SuperDork
9/27/09 11:31 a.m.
stuart in mn wrote:
Josh wrote: Oh, so you guys don't like sports? I wish I could be that cool. You know that guy at work, the one who drives a Prius and thinks nobody should be allowed to build a car that has more than 150 horsepower or gets less than 40 miles per gallon? You're all that guy right now.
The trick is to provide some reference so people know what you're talking about...it's like the rest of us walked into the middle of a conversation. I thought maybe you were talking about Billy Blanks and his Taebo exercise program.

I am MrJoshua, the original poster, you are responding to Josh who is a different person. If you knew the name Tebow then the post would mean something to you. If you dont know the name then it really wasnt meant for you was it? There are several Gator fans (The University of Florida Football team so you dont have to google it) on this board. There are also several college football fans. To them the post and all the responses are relevant.

To the rest of you who think he is a douche-He is a kid who was raised in a highly religious family and now is being asked his opinion on every possible topic. He responds with what he has been taught. It is a little much, but ask any college kid what they think of the world and see if you like their answer any better. The up side of Tebow spouting religion is that he actually walks the walk. He is a good kid who happens to be REALLY talented in football. He got injured while behaving like any other quarterback, standing in the pocket throwing a pass, not spouting scripture while mowing down linebackers. It was a scary injury to everyone watching. Have some frickin respect for a talented athlete/nice guy who may have suffered a major injury.

Xceler8x
Xceler8x GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/27/09 11:44 a.m.

We should send him these motivational tapes. It's by a guy some of you may know but ALL of you should know.

Kenney Powers Motivational Tapes

JFX001
JFX001 Dork
9/27/09 11:48 a.m.

I am by no means a Florida fan, but I hate to see injuries on College teams. Sorta/kinda like pulling the rug out from under them career-wise.

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave SuperDork
9/27/09 11:58 a.m.
MrJoshua wrote:
stuart in mn wrote:
I am MrJoshua, the original poster, you are responding to Josh who is a different person. If you knew the name Tebow then the post would mean something to you. If you dont know the name then it really wasnt meant for you was it? There are several Gator fans (The University of Florida Football team so you dont have to google it) on this board. There are also several college football fans. To them the post and all the responses are relevant. To the rest of you who think he is a douche-He is a kid who was raised in a highly religious family and now is being asked his opinion on every possible topic. He responds with what he has been taught. It is a little much, but ask any college kid what they think of the world and see if you like their answer any better. The up side of Tebow spouting religion is that he actually walks the walk. He is a good kid who happens to be REALLY talented in football. He got injured while behaving like any other quarterback, standing in the pocket throwing a pass, not spouting scripture while mowing down linebackers. It was a scary injury to everyone watching. Have some frickin respect for a talented athlete/nice guy who may have suffered a major injury.

+1

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave SuperDork
9/27/09 11:59 a.m.
patgizz wrote:
agreed to the billionth power - i frigging hate that guy not for his football but because of his agenda off the field.

You hate someone you don't even know, because they have beliefs that you don't align with yours?

How enlightened.

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/27/09 12:50 p.m.
patgizz wrote:

Yeah...what a jerk he is. If only he could be someone kids could look up to, you know, someone like Terrell Owens.

You "frigging hate" a guy who spends his time away from school by working in third world countries, trying to improve those folks lives? Or spends time in maximum security prisons, trying to help guys his age who are locked up?

While I may not agree with all of his beliefs, I respect him quite highly, regardless of his football abilities.

Osterkraut
Osterkraut Dork
9/27/09 1:05 p.m.

I never actually saw Tebow in Turlington Plaza (big gathering place on campus) spouting off about how much he hates homosexuals. There are about half a dozen people that regularly do.

He's a nice guy in a sport of over the top tattoos, dogfighting, and shooting one's self in the leg. Sad he takes E36 M3 for it.

That said, hell of a hit, and I'm sure H1N1 didn't make things better. He'll give a speech, cry a little, and be good as new!

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
9/27/09 1:28 p.m.

I don't hate his team, I don't hate his religious views (they don't align with mine, but thats fine, not many people's do), I don't even hate how he plays. There are just some people that I hate simply because of their face....like Tom Brady.

nicksta43
nicksta43 New Reader
9/27/09 1:39 p.m.
maroon92 wrote: I don't hate his team, I don't hate his religious views (they don't align with mine, but thats fine, not many people's do), I don't even hate how he plays. There are just some people that I hate simply because of their face....like Tom Brady.

LOL +1

wbjones
wbjones Reader
9/27/09 2:43 p.m.
JFX001 wrote: I am by no means a Florida fan, but I hate to see injuries on College teams. Sorta/kinda like pulling the rug out from under them career-wise.

maybe there needs to be a little more emphasis on the "student athlete " part of what they're doing... not all ( in fact most) won't make it to the pro's

would be nice to have a fall back position...

wbjones
wbjones Reader
9/27/09 2:46 p.m.
maroon92 wrote: I don't hate his team, I don't hate his religious views (they don't align with mine, but thats fine, not many people's do), I don't even hate how he plays. There are just some people that I hate simply because of their face....like Tom Brady.

hate is an awfully strong word... seems to be used a bit more often than it should...

just my 2¢

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
9/27/09 2:55 p.m.
wbjones said: hate is an awfully strong word... seems to be used a bit more often than it should... just my 2¢

I simply come from a younger generation where words are not anything more than words, and carry nothing more than implicit denotations. berkeley, E36 M3, and Hate carry the same weight in these days. Besides, it isn't as if we use simpleton verbiage like Queer, or Negro.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ew2zQV1xnV2ZhkdRUm4F8tYu6ZpWfGhC1jKFLOieHpm0Po3HEiCe75dLWREmJ2Qj