1 2
Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
6/21/24 3:06 p.m.

Also, if I'm in the hospital, I'm usually so berkeleyed up, that I ain't watching TV, E36 M3ty or not.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
6/21/24 3:14 p.m.

In reply to DrBoost :

I presume you are writing to us via your phone?  If so, there's really nothing you can do on your ipad that you can't also do on your phone, yet smaller.  Log into the hospital wifi and fire up your ipad's streaming services from your phone.  

Have you done the old Showtime series Californication?  Sophomoric humor aimed at 40 yr old males.  The story of an unhappy 40's divorced guy who most usually has good intentions but the forces of life usually work against him.  Thirty minute episodes (w/o commercials) are like potato chips and you'll usually catch a few at a time.  Not on Amazon anymore but probably on Hulu or Paramount.  

I'm not saying it is high brow or intellectual.  It's quite the opposite, but humorous.  

11GTCS
11GTCS SuperDork
6/21/24 3:26 p.m.

In reply to Mustang50 :

LOL, Jardiance the musical   I think they're on the 3rd version now, I can't hit mute fast enough.

ShawnG
ShawnG MegaDork
6/21/24 4:04 p.m.
DrBoost said:

Good lord! How many Real Housewives of X do we need?  We all know the answer is 0, but here we are. 

I met one of the housewives in real life. She was an acquaintance of a friend. We were having lunch on a patio, she decided to come over and chat us up.

I've never met a more fake person in my life. I'm certain she was being chatty because my friend has money and is single.

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
6/21/24 4:22 p.m.
TRoglodyte said:

Frank Zappa did a song called "I'm  the slime", his commentary on television. Worth a visit on you tube.

It's as relevant today as it was in 1973.

We stick to vintage TV and some true crime stuff. Honestly, I'd rather watch Love Boat than most of the new garbage.

DrBoost
DrBoost MegaDork
6/21/24 4:45 p.m.

I'm finding The First 48 to be interesting. 

Ranger50
Ranger50 MegaDork
6/21/24 4:45 p.m.

My last hospital stay was 4 yrs ago and luckily they had velocity available.....

ShawnG
ShawnG MegaDork
6/21/24 8:40 p.m.

We've been re-watching a lot of the older comedy series.

Ted Danson is still great in "Becker" if you want a grumpy doctor show that isn't "house".

I wish they would rerun "The John Laroquette Show".

ddavidv
ddavidv UltimaDork
6/23/24 7:39 a.m.

Hank Moody is my spirit animal.

I watch zero network television. 90% of my entertainment media consumption these days is YouTube. Lots of independent people out there turning out TV quality stuff. Heck, I just watched 2 hours of Sleeperdude's family vacation on a cruise ship, and I was entertained. 

And if you are an observer of the human species and don't mind juvenile humor, watch some episodes of Updating. Part cringe, part painful LOLing.

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
6/23/24 9:32 a.m.
Toyman! said:

It's sad how bad the entertainment industry has gotten. It's even sadder that the general public has not only let them but encouraged it.

It's part of the laziness movement. People don't actually do things anymore, they just watch other people do it on TV.

It occurred to me last night while looking through the free streaming channels that there's  probably still the same amount of good TV on, maybe even more, but it's spread out over 3500 channels instead of 13.

I saw one show that was some sort of reality thing about a bunch of people on a boat, and another where chefs cook something fancy then a group of idiots on a panel tell them what's good or bad with it while they all stand there and make faces. Oh the drama.

It was really awful and really sad.

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
6/23/24 9:47 a.m.

Ok yeah tv sucks but what's got you in the hospital? I hope you're doing well and recover quickly and get out as soon  as you want to. Sometimes a hospital stay can be like a mini vacation when too much is going on. 

DrBoost
DrBoost MegaDork
6/23/24 10:12 a.m.
dculberson said:

Ok yeah tv sucks but what's got you in the hospital? I hope you're doing well and recover quickly and get out as soon  as you want to. Sometimes a hospital stay can be like a mini vacation when too much is going on. 

So I've known that I have some gallstones for about three years now. It's been getting worse, and about a week ago last Monday so almost 2 weeks ago now I started having a lot of pain so I went to the doctor started doing the things you gotta do for the surgery. Well Wednesday I had a fever. The doctor said if you have a fever go to the ER because the gallbladder could be could become very very serious very very quickly. So Wednesday I came to the ER. They found out that I have an infected gallbladder and I have Covid. Because I have Covid, they won't operate on me. Now they will treat the gallbladder so it isn't as serious so I can wait a few weeks to have it out and it won't kill me. It's not a lot of fun.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
6/23/24 10:16 a.m.
dculberson said:

Ok so it's not just me? I've stayed in the worlds most expensive bed and breakfast once in my life. I almost died. 

It was like a hard reset on my whole life and....kinda nice. Like there was NOTHING I could do. Can't do E36 M3. Can't lift nothing, can't go anywhere. Gotta sit there. Go piss in this jug. Give blood. Take these drugs. Don't leave. That's it. I was just mad because I was on a reduced sodium diet so the food was worse than usual. 

SKJSS (formerly Klayfish)
SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) UltimaDork
6/23/24 12:38 p.m.
DrBoost said:

I'm finding The First 48 to be interesting. 

I love that show.  I'm one of the few who still prefers cable.  I cut the cord last year because of my travel schedule but don't find myself liking Hulu, YouTube TV, etc...

DrBoost
DrBoost MegaDork
6/23/24 5:24 p.m.

In reply to SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) :

No made up drama, no agenda, just interesting TV. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
lbHlM4voMbDDozPWXpEh2EGXWpzKNKBCSEr3o1bxBpk5SLYfCzKmSPp33rACJeU5