1 2 3 4 5
foxtrapper
foxtrapper SuperDork
4/6/10 12:30 p.m.
mad_machine wrote: I will say this about redbull.. one of the guys I work will likes it.. and generally pours it into a glass before drinking.. it looks a LOT like (goat) pee in a glass

Nothing looks, smells, or tastes more like pee in a glass than American beers.

JohnGalt
JohnGalt Reader
4/6/10 1:06 p.m.
93celicaGT2 wrote:
cwh wrote: Great. Now I'm still wired, and now frightened. More rum, more herb. Arrgghh. I DO learn from my mistakes.
Sounds like you need some of this: http://www.drankbeverage.com/ No, i'm not kidding. Yes. This is for real. Don't call me racist. I bought one of these last night and the cashier thought i was a maniac because i was laughing so hard. I will post pics as proof tonite.

Had a Drank Truck here at a party that took place at my apartment complex. They were giving away these things. I snagged a few, did not do anything for me but others committed that it was sorta like weed in a can. i don't think i have seen it around since. Problem is theirs already a drink that does this and its called beer, and i doubt that it will make much headway against the beer industry at least with college students.

Ian F
Ian F Dork
4/6/10 1:43 p.m.
Luke wrote: On the other hand, the little energy 'gel' sachets that cyclists (and presumably other athletes) use, pack a real mean punch .

Red Bull or other energy drinks other than Gatorade, no... but I usually bring a couple of PowerGels (made by Powerbar), on long road rides in case I run out of food and bonk as it's usually just enough to get me home. When I raced XC, I ate one about 15 mins before the start and it seemed to help then too. The problem with the gels is if you don't drink water with them, they aren't as effective.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/6/10 2:50 p.m.
foxtrapper wrote:
mad_machine wrote: I will say this about redbull.. one of the guys I work will likes it.. and generally pours it into a glass before drinking.. it looks a LOT like (goat) pee in a glass
Nothing looks, smells, or tastes more like pee in a glass than American beers.

I can't disagree with you there... that is why I do not drink american beers

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
4/6/10 3:02 p.m.

If you don't include American micro craft breweries in that statement than you are absolutely correct.

poopshovel
poopshovel SuperDork
4/7/10 8:20 a.m.
Maybe I've had too many, but I find the effects of those energy drinks to be minimal, compared to a proper coffee.

Big +1. I only drink them when they're free, and I can drink 2 or 3 (small cans) with pretty mild effects.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson HalfDork
4/7/10 8:52 a.m.
foxtrapper wrote: Nothing looks, smells, or tastes more like pee in a glass than American beers.

Q. Why is drinking Bud like having sex in a boat?
A. Because they're both berkeleying close to water.

Ian F
Ian F Dork
4/7/10 1:19 p.m.
poopshovel wrote:
Maybe I've had too many, but I find the effects of those energy drinks to be minimal, compared to a proper coffee.
Big +1. I only drink them when they're free, and I can drink 2 or 3 (small cans) with pretty mild effects.

True... I think I've only paid for Red Bull once or twice... but when they give it away at events I'll grab a couple.

4eyes
4eyes Reader
4/8/10 2:47 a.m.

Try going two days without any caffine, and see how bad that "base of the skull" headache gets. That will tell you if your consuming too much caffine regularly.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker SuperDork
4/8/10 7:25 a.m.
foxtrapper wrote: Nothing looks, smells, or tastes more like pee in a glass than American beers.

You could not be more wrong. You just can't buy it at the Harris Teeter or Piggly Wiggly.

Luke
Luke SuperDork
4/8/10 10:35 a.m.

^Hah! Cool label. Must see if any liquor stores 'round here stock Arrogant Bastard in the 'boutique' section.

Ian F
Ian F Dork
4/8/10 12:19 p.m.
4eyes wrote:

Try going two days without any caffine, and see how bad that base of the skull headache gets. That will tell you if your consuming too much caffine regularly.

No thanks. After 25+ years of 2 cups a day, I have no desire to deal with that until I have to.

I've had Arrogant Bastard Ale. Not bad. Reminds me of a winery we stumbled across at Watkins Glen last year:

""

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
4/8/10 12:20 p.m.

I am drinking a ...Lost energy drink right now. It falls in that liquified gummy bears category.

I think they have stopped making it though, i got it at a gas station for 50 cents.

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 SuperDork
4/15/10 6:29 p.m.

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 SuperDork
4/15/10 6:31 p.m.

Kia_racer
Kia_racer Reader
4/15/10 6:39 p.m.

^They are under investigation for promoting illegal drug use.

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado SuperDork
4/16/10 1:23 a.m.
Adrian_Thompson wrote:
Q. Why is drinking Bud like having sex in a boat? A. Because they're both berkeleying close to water.

I'm one of the people who understood exactly why the Dutch folks took off their pants at the World Cup...

neckromacr
neckromacr New Reader
4/16/10 10:26 p.m.

My wife got a very strange recommendation from her doctor.

She has a myriad of chronic pain problems relating to her back, hips, and neck. Including migraine headaches which have been increasing in frequency as of late. She had even been given a prescription for pill that you couldn't take more than 6 times a month. It was made to sound like the WMD of prescription migraine medicines, and it did nothing.

She told he doc about its uselessness, he suggested drinking Redbull. Even going so far to write her a note so I'd believe her when she told me the doctor told her to take it for the migraines.

So far it seems to have worked. Weird.

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave SuperDork
4/16/10 11:55 p.m.
neckromacr wrote: My wife got a very strange recommendation from her doctor. She has a myriad of chronic pain problems relating to her back, hips, and neck. Including migraine headaches which have been increasing in frequency as of late. She had even been given a prescription for pill that you couldn't take more than 6 times a month. It was made to sound like the WMD of prescription migraine medicines, and it did nothing. She told he doc about its uselessness, he suggested drinking Redbull. Even going so far to write her a note so I'd believe her when she told me the doctor told her to take it for the migraines. So far it seems to have worked. Weird.

Caffine opens the blood vessels up. Helps the medicine do it's job. My wife chases advil with a mountain dew for the same reason.

kalpa
kalpa
8/21/10 11:55 p.m.

A healthy alternative to Red bull is Xs energy drink - see http://www.xsblast.com/ . While Redbull has about 28 g carbs and 27g sugar (7 spoons!), Xs has 0 carbs and 0 sugar, 8000% of B12 which is what gives the energy boost. Its water soluble, so the high quantity is not a problem. You need to buy the product from a distributor. See my website- www.kalpalife.com.

mtn
mtn SuperDork
8/22/10 12:09 a.m.

Red bull canoe

xd
xd Reader
8/22/10 1:25 a.m.

Funny this was brought up again. I was in a dispensary today and found a THC energy drink called dank something.

Drewsifer
Drewsifer HalfDork
8/22/10 9:06 a.m.

Holy thread Canoe Batman!

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand Reader
8/22/10 9:17 a.m.

I'll take my sugar with coffee and cream.

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand Reader
8/22/10 9:25 a.m.
DILYSI Dave wrote: Caffine opens the blood vessels up. Helps the medicine do it's job.

Opening the blood vessels up, in and of itself, helps a migraine.

I've had one since Tuesday. It was tolerable when I was at work, but yesterday it turned into a drill-holes-in-my-skull-to-let-the-demons-out bad. With blindness and skull numbness and left side numbness and the works.

(ref. "reasons to not have children" for other thread - these are genetically related)

I hate the thought of drinking that syrupy sickly crap, but if it might help them go away....

1 2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
UjeYdAa8k3RRo2yVwsPEW5CaZGsDwhSh6b0w9dwQQDiADFMQLC831LPj66JHM7Rv