1 2 3 ... 11
Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
12/17/15 11:01 a.m.

Just so there aren't any spoiler oops, this is your thread to say any and all things about the new movie.

Warning!

This thread will contain spoilers. You've been warned.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
12/17/15 11:06 a.m.

Thread will contain spoilers. This long post intended to give you a chance before scrolling down to re-evaluate if you want to continue reading.

Thread will contain spoilers. This long post intended to give you a chance before scrolling down to re-evaluate if you want to continue reading.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
12/17/15 11:07 a.m.

I will return to this thread on Sunday afternoon as I have tickets to see it in IMAX 3d Sunday morning with my youngling.

Jerry
Jerry SuperDork
12/17/15 11:41 a.m.

I have Saturday morning matinee tickets. But a friend just told me he might have an extra ticket for tonight.

RealMiniParker
RealMiniParker UltraDork
12/17/15 11:56 a.m.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
12/17/15 1:03 p.m.

As I said in another thread, I have a ticket for 1:00am tonight. I work at 4:00am.

ThunderCougarFalconGoat
ThunderCougarFalconGoat Reader
12/17/15 10:29 p.m.

It was awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

RealMiniParker
RealMiniParker UltraDork
12/18/15 1:32 a.m.

Oh man, I haz a sad - the bridge scene.

Other than that, it was awesome!

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/18/15 3:21 a.m.

That was beyond epic!

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
12/18/15 3:39 a.m.

There's that one part fans are going to absolutely berkin HATE. The twist should have been kept until the end, ala Empire. Going to see it again on Monday in IMAX. Gonna be hard to keep my mouth shut all weekend. If I say anything , someone will lynch me. When I left the theater, fanbois were already bitching. Sucks to be them.

nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/18/15 7:38 a.m.

Saw it last night.. Thought it was good not great. Visually neat, story was weak. Can't say I'm excited for the next one.

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
12/18/15 7:42 a.m.

I still haven't been able to make it through one entire Star Wars movie before getting bored and wandering off.

I still don't feel as if I am missing anything.

Lof8
Lof8 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
12/18/15 7:50 a.m.
tuna55 wrote: I still haven't been able to make it through one entire Star Wars movie before getting bored and wandering off. I still don't feel as if I am missing anything.

This.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
12/18/15 8:48 a.m.

It would appear that you guys wandered into the wrong thread.

I'm thinking Rey is related to Luke. What was with the trailer's voice over of Luke saying, "I have it. My sister has it. And you have it" I don't remember hearing it said in the movie.

nocones
12/18/15 9:00 a.m.

I suspect Rey is Luke's kid so cousin to the bad guy. Simply based on the fact that I cannot imagine they would be so lazy as to actually reuse the brother/sister relationship. We still really have no understanding of why she was abandoned on jacku other then "family". I'm wondering if she remembered the island in the ocean from years ago or if she used the force to see where luke was.
I just thought the existing character story was to prominent with the new characters not really being developed. I knew it was going to be a continuation story but really expected it to focus on the new parts.

Brian
Brian MegaDork
12/18/15 9:06 a.m.

Courasant, a great way for JJ claim the series for his own and do his best to "Disregard" the prequels.

Javelin
12/18/15 9:36 a.m.

Wow, I thought GRM was over the "hey a thread title about something I hate, I'm going to E36 M3 all over it so I look cool", but apparently I was wrong.

On topic, I'm a total nerd fan, bought all the new comics and everything, and I thought it was fantastic. Easily the second best one behind Empire.

nocones
12/18/15 9:47 a.m.

Who's hating? I mean two people made 1 comment about not caring about SW at all. Otherwise just discussions about the film. If I'm "hating" then you need to change the title to Star Wars Force Awakens only for people who loved it.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
12/18/15 11:11 a.m.

They did a way better job of making me care about the characters than they did in 1-3.

ThunderCougarFalconGoat
ThunderCougarFalconGoat Reader
12/18/15 11:53 a.m.

It wasn't you nocones, it was those who thought it was their divine obligation to post in a thread that they do not care about the subject of the thread, and say nothing else. It is the height of unnecessary rudeness and presumption.

On topic, it had flaws, but it was A New Hope 2.0, which is what most of the fans really wanted. JJ isn't writing or directing the next two, so hopefully we will see more character development and less scenes drawn out for no good reason, and some original storyline had better happen.

trucke
trucke Dork
12/18/15 11:56 a.m.

The_Jed
The_Jed PowerDork
12/18/15 12:54 p.m.

Just finished watching it with the wife. We loved it!

I thought I heard the Wilhelm scream when Finn and Po escaped in the tie fighter and blasted a group of troopers. Not 100% sure, though.

Jim Pettengill
Jim Pettengill HalfDork
12/18/15 1:46 p.m.

Quite likely, since the Wilhelm Scream (actually done by Sheb Wooley, yep, the Purple People Eater Sheb Wooley) was often used by Lucas' sound director supreme, Ben Burtt. I went to college with Ben (Allegheny College in Meadvile, PA mid-sixties), taught him to use the campus radio station. Nice guy, went around making Super 8 films all the time (although a physics major, IIRC)with a sidekick named Joe Bodolai - we all thought him just a little bit weird, but look what happened. Some of Ben's stories of gathering sound samples in the early days are cool - IIRC, he used everything from tapping the guy wires on power poles with a hammer to getting dug into a foxhole in a military gunnery range and having all kinds of live rounds fired overhead. Must have been a fun, highly creative job.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
12/18/15 5:32 p.m.

So...did anyone else hear/not hear the line from the trailer?

Javelin
12/18/15 5:50 p.m.

Soooo many questions!

Who's Snoke and why does he look like a Gollum Palpatine? Is he Palpatine? Or Sidious? Or that other guy that supposedly trained Palpatine?

Why does the Resistance fleet consist of 3 squadrons of X-Wings?!? Where's Home One and the kajillion other capital ships the Rebel fleet had? A-Wing, B-Wing, Y-Wing, etc?

Was the Resistance base on Yavin 4? That totally looked like the Massasi War Room and the ring looked like Death Star chunks to me.

Did the Star Killer blow up Coruscant? Or that new planet from the really crappy book?

Does the Spaceball 1 still turn into a giant vacuum?

Where'd Finn come from and why can he wield a saber and not immediately die against the psuedo-sith-baddie? He's obviously not Lando's kid, could he be Mace Windu's grandkid?

Rey - Is she Solo (maybe from another mother) or Skywalker? Does Disney even know yet?!?

Seriously, how many giant ass space station weapon thingies have to be blown up before the baddies realize it's never going to work. That's three in less than 100 years.

Who's the old guy on Jakku and why does he look so stinking familiar (and a Jedi at that)?

Why the berk was Luke NOT on Dagobah!???!? He was the only person alive who knew where it was and it hid Yoda's ass for a looooong time!

1 2 3 ... 11

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
fdAlrbYxwAPSdjUXnGojlt9g8H7ERDZMxbS4QgsXFuhsprorQa9ytdGmqutmeLFC