1 ... 9 10 11
ThunderCougarFalconGoat
ThunderCougarFalconGoat Reader
1/10/16 1:00 a.m.

In reply to Appleseed:

He is schedule to get one in a few years. It's supposed to be an anthology movie like Rogue One.

vwcorvette
vwcorvette GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/10/16 2:51 p.m.

So just did my third viewing. This time in 3d. I really liked it more than I thought I would. Loved the space scenes.

Now, have any of you picked up the miscues in filming? Shortly after Rey escapes and is hiding/getting away from Kylo we see 4 stormtroopers come trotting down the hall way from the left to the right across the screen. The camera backs out to show Rey hiding with her back to wall. She moves out and heads screen left up the hallway in the direction the troopers originally came from. Notice she is now left handed? Blaster rifle grip is in her left hand and muzzle in her right. Her satchel is also now on her left hip. In the next scene we see her come screen right from a hallway and run towards the camera. The blaster grip is now back in her right hand, muzzle in the left, and the bag is back to her right hip where it is in the rest of the movie. Why? At no time in the movie does she show a need or tendency to do anything left-handedly.

In the past film would be flipped over to fix continuity issues in movies. Like when an item is supposed to be on the left but was put on the right. Thing is, aren't these movies recorded digitally? Why would they need to flip the scene? In 3 viewings I can find no reason why it should be flipped.

Anyone?

Jerry
Jerry SuperDork
1/10/16 3:18 p.m.
ncjay wrote: My best run ever was only 16 parsecs, and I almost died. So yeah, 12 is impressive no matter how you look at it.

I did 11 myself, but hit a cone.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/10/16 5:35 p.m.

Digital recording doesn't mean you can't flip the image if necessary.

vwcorvette
vwcorvette GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/11/16 7:15 p.m.
Keith Tanner wrote: Digital recording doesn't mean you can't flip the image if necessary.

Yeah, but why did they do it? I have no theories.

ThunderCougarFalconGoat
ThunderCougarFalconGoat Reader
1/11/16 9:54 p.m.

Like a Stormtrooper hitting his head on the door that didn't open all the way, it was a mistake and nobody caught it until it was too late.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/11/16 10:28 p.m.

Yup, maybe the only shot they had was with Rey moving the wrong direction down the hallway, or it just looked better to have her going right to left instead of left to right and this was only discovered in editing. Can't go back to reshoot, so they fixed it in post.

1 ... 9 10 11

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
VpnSbW2EtYvNRdlyN9ywKwkFmc5Yz656aQ2SEtFvzq6yefR5YSxTYK3v0ORCuNrJ