1 2 3
singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
8/6/17 9:33 p.m.

I managed to get all the electrical, plumbing, and computer setup finished today. The first couple of cuts have been made! Pictures to come but I'm worn out so they can wait.

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand UberDork
8/6/17 9:36 p.m.

Woo!!!

WonkoTheSane
WonkoTheSane GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/7/17 12:16 a.m.

Nice!

warpedredneck
warpedredneck Reader
8/7/17 5:03 a.m.

sweet!
mine is coming home in the next few weeks

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/7/17 8:49 a.m.

That reminds me, I still wanna do that thing we talked about.

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
8/7/17 8:59 a.m.

This is 18 gauge and this is a 2.6" center ID.

I need to figure out how to adjust my pierce points and I think that my water is set too high causing the dras build up but it is nice and smoke free.

fanfoy
fanfoy Dork
8/7/17 9:38 a.m.

Show us your machine man.

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
8/7/17 10:09 a.m.

Somehow I don't have any pictures on my phone.

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
8/7/17 6:58 p.m.

In all its Glory.

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
8/7/17 6:59 p.m.

In reply to Stampie:

Yep, we can totally do that.

2002maniac
2002maniac Dork
8/8/17 3:53 p.m.

Nice job!

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/8/17 4:17 p.m.

Is there an introductory thread? You can't just start here! Is it DIY? Purchased? Info info info!

Of all the big dollar tools, CNC plasma and CNC mill are the two I feel I need.

bigdaddylee82
bigdaddylee82 UltraDork
8/8/17 10:45 p.m.

What CAM software are you using? You should be able to adjust your pierces, lead-ins, and lead-outs there.

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
8/10/17 6:39 a.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner:

It is a Dynatorch Super B running on a Hypertherm 85 amp torch. Not DIY at all but I know myself and if I actually want to make some money off of it having a finished product with support is necessary. The CNC mill and lathe are in the want pile. My BIL has a lead on the mill already for his shop.

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
8/10/17 6:42 a.m.

In reply to bigdaddylee82:

Enroute 6. I have figured the lead in/ out adjustment and it looks much better. With narrow lettering I am still having issues but I have only been cutting since Sunday night.

It is a complicated beast. I will get it figured out though.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/10/17 10:02 a.m.

Nothing wrong with buying real tools - and you're right that there's some real revenue possibility there. Hmm, if I sell a car, I get both the space and the money at the same time...

JeffHarbert
JeffHarbert GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
8/10/17 11:08 a.m.

Very cool! I'd love to have one of those one day. Right now I'm trying to get a more basic benchtop CNC machine going.

travellering
travellering Reader
8/10/17 5:37 p.m.

That'd be too close to taking work home for me. I run two of China's most excellently adequate vertical milling centers and a five-axis Flow waterjet. We just sold our massive ESAB plasma/oxyfuel cutting machine, since we have been doing a lot of stainless work lately and the fumes off plasma cutting that are fairly deadly...

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
8/11/17 10:42 p.m.

In reply to travellering:

I work with computers and money for a living so this is way different from my day job.

travellering
travellering Reader
8/12/17 6:20 a.m.

Yeah, I've made the mistake of making my hobby into my job twice now, once with cycling and now with machining/mechanical work. I need to find a job I don't care enough about to take home.....
The table looks great, and I bet the water table does a great job of keeping down the fumes. Ours had a massive exhaust fan set up, sucking the air out from under the workpiece. If we had actually run the ducting out any further than the edge of the nearest doorway, fumes probably wouldn't have been an issue. As it was, they blew back in the door nine times out of ten. When cutting inch or thicker plate, that's a lot of smoke.

I just took a fast glance at the enroute software page, and it seems to offer part nesting. If so, that will be a huge boon if you do decide to operate for a profit down the line. Build a library of small common parts and it's amazing what you can get out of a sheet of metal.

slefain
slefain PowerDork
8/13/17 8:40 p.m.

Now you need a shop press with a set of bending dies.

Cut out flat pieces, bend up brackets for damn near anything. Then corner the market on a niche product, like Kia Sportage lift kits.

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
8/14/17 8:18 a.m.

Ha, Sportage lift kits. That is awful specific.

My BIL has a 4 ft finger brake so I can certainly bend most things I can cut.

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
9/14/17 9:48 a.m.

Kinks appear to have been sorted out. Let me know if anyone needs something, can deliver to challenge.

bluej
bluej GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
9/14/17 11:50 a.m.

Pick. Sha. Yurs!

Good gravy giblets, why do you tease us?

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
9/14/17 2:32 p.m.

Here is what I was dealing with. Got it sorted out last night. 

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
thFeXPr3II7mGlcMQQke8jcyMsRMDPvceX7ooKoznNOhs1JhNTzyiFI1mWT4rm4m