1 2 3
Storz
Storz Dork
2/6/16 7:07 a.m.
Jay wrote: One of the other tenants in my building has this late-'80s Olds Toronado with a built-in touch-screen CRT in the dash. It's very much an old man car, and he's very much the type of old man who would drive an old man car, but that is still kinda cool. No idea if it works anymore though. Most of them don't.

I am a child of the 80s (born in 1980) and my dad worked for GM, I remember him bringing those home and thought it was the coolest thing I'd ever seen. I had an '87 Corvette for a while too, and actually really liked the digi-dash that it had. Lots of great info at a glance.

Mike
Mike GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/7/16 6:57 p.m.

How about the Aston Martin Lagonda?

paranoid_android74
paranoid_android74 Dork
2/7/16 7:46 p.m.

I had one of these too! It even worked sometimes.

Junkyard_Dog wrote: 92 S-10
paranoid_android74
paranoid_android74 Dork
2/7/16 7:49 p.m.

Dodge Lancer ES

Mike
Mike GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/7/16 8:07 p.m.
paranoid_android74 wrote: Dodge Lancer ES

Does the "FRONT DRIVE" thing do anything?

paranoid_android74
paranoid_android74 Dork
2/7/16 8:12 p.m.

You know I don't remember!

My dad owned the car, it was the first manual I learned to drive. I could barely think while he was blaring Billy Ocean tapes on the "high tech" cassette player.

Mike wrote:
Wall-e
Wall-e GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/7/16 8:36 p.m.
Mike wrote:

Understeer

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/7/16 10:54 p.m.

I am reminded how much I hated digital dashes

Jay
Jay UltraDork
2/7/16 11:28 p.m.
Mike wrote: How about the Aston Martin Lagonda?

I really want to love that, but MAN it looks cheap and junky. Way to uphold your reputation for quality fit & finish, Aston. What is that slider thing on the right for?

It looks like they got the prop builder for "Blake's 7" to make it. Each and every one of them. Personally.

EvanR
EvanR Dork
2/8/16 12:15 a.m.
Mike wrote: Does the "FRONT DRIVE" thing do anything?

It covers the spot where the PRNDL would be if you got a column shifter. My stick shift Voyager had one too.

My current car, mostly not analog:

Powar
Powar UltraDork
2/8/16 10:32 a.m.

I like the simple analog/digital cluster in our Fiat 500.

Growing up, one of my grandmother's had an Astro Santa Fe conversion van with a digital cluster. I loved watching the digital speedo for some reason.

RossD
RossD UltimaDork
2/8/16 10:36 a.m.

My Grand Cherokee has digi dash:

The RPMs, Temp and Fuel are analog and everything in the middle is fairly customizable.

novaderrik
novaderrik UltimaDork
2/8/16 11:55 a.m.
Appleseed wrote: 1995 Caprice. About a simple as a digi dash gets, but it kept me warm for 12 years.

that's the only digital dash that i don't hate... my 94 9C1 had that dash and i once used to to confirm that yes, the fuel cutoff does happen at exactly 146mph.. or was it 148? whatever, it was in 2002 and it happened right when the internet said it would..

also, that dash was good for screwing with my mom when i was driving down the interstate at 75mph with her in the passenger seat.. pushed the mph/kph button while she wasn't looking and she thought we were going well over 100mph for a few seconds..

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
eOLcb8m0MwWEOih9KOxFfBHnktNvjnlKOGQBSpmzlGpAupqqWx875drVJyTjzvte