Ha. Yeah, just watched it. 

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/9/17 9:55 p.m.

Pikachu has joined chewbacca on the millennium falcon 

Huckleberry
Huckleberry MegaDork
10/9/17 10:12 p.m.

If they can avoid the allure of stupid cute creatures and sassy robots it could actually be ... berkeley.

RealMiniParker
RealMiniParker UberDork
10/9/17 11:02 p.m.

Aw man, why they have to berk it up with that cutesie critter in the Falcon? gack

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro PowerDork
10/10/17 1:02 a.m.

Hey, look, a merchandising opportunity!

And Emo Vader is back.

Huckleberry
Huckleberry MegaDork
10/10/17 7:06 a.m.
RealMiniParker said:

Aw man, why they have to berk it up with that cutesie critter in the Falcon? gack

The cute and fuzzy bunny has the same expression on his face as I had on mine when I saw him.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
10/10/17 7:12 a.m.

I was fine with Episode VII copying Episode IV, but that berkeleying rat could be a throwback too far.

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
10/10/17 7:23 a.m.

I'll go watch it.  But not in the first crowd.

First, what in the world was the point of the previous movie?  Some side story that was just about one line in one of the other movies.  It was kind of fake tension, since you already knew how it would end.  That was decided back in mid 70's when the first movie was written.

This one- I'm worried on multiple fronts- the trailer makes me feel like it's going to be constant fighting, much like LotR, which I totally hated.  The "struggle" for the soul of the people.  Again, like Adrian said, we saw this before.  Actually, between the end of the Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi- questions about Vadar/Annikan were enough to suggest how Return ends.  Which is exactly what I see here. 

Annikan finds niceness, Luke struggles for identity and whatnot.  In the end, the good side of the Force wins.  Change the names, and we have the same story.  With higher tech battles.

It's kind of dissapointing that such a ground breaking movie and it's next two has turned into "retro wars" in terms of not being original for it's sequels.

Sorry to be so negative.  

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
10/10/17 7:48 a.m.

It would be funny for that rabbit thing to actually be an assassin or trained killer. I'd lolz.

KyAllroad
KyAllroad PowerDork
10/10/17 7:52 a.m.

Given a real light saber, how long before you inflicted a grievous injury on yourself?  Seriously, the only thing more dangerous to yourself than one would be the Darth Maul double ended saber.

Jerry
Jerry UltraDork
10/10/17 8:07 a.m.

So much negativity over a fun movie that's 2 months out... 

Myself I'm debating between Friday evening or Saturday morning opening weekend viewings.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
10/10/17 8:24 a.m.
KyAllroad said:

Given a real light saber, how long before you inflicted a grievous injury on yourself? 

I was thinking the same thing. I'm guessing <3 minutes. 

Huckleberry
Huckleberry MegaDork
10/10/17 8:35 a.m.
David S. Wallens said:
KyAllroad said:

Given a real light saber, how long before you inflicted a grievous injury on yourself? 

I was thinking the same thing. I'm guessing <3 minutes

100% of all people would turn it on and immediately make a self cauterized hole in themselves somewhere. 

ThunderCougarFalconGoat
ThunderCougarFalconGoat HalfDork
10/10/17 8:48 a.m.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/10/17 8:49 a.m.

I'll watch it when the disk comes out. It doesn't look too bad. A certain amount of Star Wars korny is required. Without that, it would't be Star Wars. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
10/10/17 8:54 a.m.

Smells like an Ewok to me... boo.  I'll see it, probably in the theatre, but also not until New Years at least.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
10/10/17 9:23 a.m.

I'll see it opening day, just like the last 5 that have come out.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
10/10/17 9:31 a.m.

I think due to a combination of my poor hearing and the crappy speakers on my laptop, I think I could make out about 1/3 of the dialouge in that trailer. So I mostly just watched a bunch of cgi spaceships crashing and heard loud music and low grumbly voices murmuring. I need to watch it on a different device or get my headphones.

I'll go see it mostly because it has become a Christmas tradition that my son and I go see a starts wars movie together.

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
10/10/17 9:39 a.m.

It looks like fun. 

A general suspension of logic is required when watching any Star Wars movie.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/10/17 10:39 a.m.

For all the Star Wars naysayers, go see Rogue One, it was the best of the movies by far IMO.

As for the trailer, I'm excited! You can tell they were cutting different scenes to screw with people (hint, Rey is in a cave and EmoVader is not). I hope it redeems a lot of the JJ Abrams shenanigans of TFA (which I still enjoyed). The penguin is a Porg, a force-sensitive creature from Achoo, so he's going to be a pet. Maybe they are like the force-sucking lizards from Zahn's old EU books?

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
10/10/17 10:52 a.m.
Huckleberry said:
RealMiniParker said:

The cute and fuzzy bunny has the same expression on his face as I had on mine when I saw him.

This image should be a sign that this entire series need to be taken out back and put down before the rabies fully takes over. 

I'll see it on cable in 2 years, maybe. After George Lucas ruined star wars with his prequel trilogy, getting Disney's profits uber alles hands on it has done no favors to the series, just adding to the list of pointless garbage sequels instead of original ideas. 

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
10/10/17 10:54 a.m.

In reply to RevRico :

I doubt you'll have to wait that long.  I watched Rogue One on Netflix a couple of months ago.

pheller
pheller PowerDork
10/10/17 11:09 a.m.

I think it looks a little less predictable than Episode 7. 

A few things I noticed: Kylo smashes his helmet against the wall, there are few images of him with it on.  I think we'll see him with it earlier in the film as it explains his rise to power, but perhaps not later in the film. Does this symbolize his possible redemption?

People thought that Kylo outstretching his hand was to Rey, I don't think that's the case. I also don't think it's a dream sequence, because on the poster his scar is healed. 

There are some red-clad dudes in the poster that could be the Knights of Ren, or could be the Praetorian Guards. My guess is that they aren't the Knights of Ren, as those guys looked very different from one another, unlike these: 

I'm still fascinated with the Knights of Ren. We've heard of them before in some of the books, we knew some of their group was collecting Sith artifacts, we're not quite sure if they are commanded by Snoke or not. Kylo Ren could mean "Master Ren" or something to that extent, and Snoke could be say...Supreme Leader Snoke...Ren, as in he's the leader of this group and he has appointed Solo to lead them? 

I dunno, I'm excited, just simply because I want to learn more about these characters, and because there isn't a superweapon in this one.

Oh, and so far we've been under the impression that there are no Sith in Episode 7, and no Sith means no Rule of Two. We keep hearing rumors that Snoke is just incredibly rich, but is he Sith, or someone adept in the Force?

Brian
Brian MegaDork
10/10/17 11:24 a.m.

Unless I see it in theaters, I'm avoiding this and any further trailers for the sake of spoilers. I will be seeing it first showing, opening night. 

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
65FheiajgFjQO671eDujgmCVC8kb6IDDzPQLsG26hlZ7BpfmkWjHNsWSyYIpz4Yc