1 2 3
SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid SuperDork
5/29/12 10:42 p.m.

While watching the 20/20 Special on the Queen's Diamond Jubilee, I found out that in WWII, Queen Elizabeth (while still a Princess) joined the Royal Army. She drove transport trucks and learned how to service and repair the trucks and engines.

Pretty cool

curtis73
curtis73 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/29/12 10:49 p.m.

Prohibition was not really about drinking. Ford's cars were designed to run on Ethanol from day one. Once Standard Oil (Rockefeller) realized that gasoline was a fuel that could line his pockets, he pushed hard for (and reportedly wrote, funded, and introduced) prohibition. Banning the sale or transport of ethanol meant that gasoline would be a big deal. Once the switch to petroleum fuel was in the bag, he was one of the big supporters for repealing prohibition.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand UberDork
5/29/12 10:53 p.m.

69% of statistics are made up.

DrBoost
DrBoost UberDork
5/29/12 10:54 p.m.

The elephant is the only mammal that can not jump.

curtis73
curtis73 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/29/12 10:55 p.m.

84% of people with black and white avatars are wrong.

DrBoost
DrBoost UberDork

Under federal law, garment tags that contain the use-and-care instructions must last the lifetime of the garment, which is why most of those tags are so stiff and scratchy.

DrBoost
DrBoost UberDork

For years, the pharmaceutical company Bayer held the trademark for the word “heroin” and sold the drug as a cough and headache remedy.

DrBoost
DrBoost UberDork
5/29/12 10:56 p.m.

You see three (nope, make that 4) phalluses on your screen right now.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand UberDork
5/29/12 10:57 p.m.

73% of white dudes with afros are featured in commercials or movies.

fritzsch
fritzsch Reader
5/29/12 10:58 p.m.

The egyptians used crocodile dung as a contraceptive around 2000BC

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/29/12 11:04 p.m.

Importing any car from Japan makes it awesome.

Yes that is a TRD Toyota Cadavalier

z31maniac
z31maniac UberDork
5/29/12 11:37 p.m.

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/off-topic-discussion/teach-me-something-new-today/37839/page1/

Jay
Jay UltraDork
5/30/12 4:11 a.m.

Felix Wankel never had a driver's-

wait, I posted that in another random fact thread already.

Ned Flanders and Derek Smalls (from Spinal Tap) are played by the same-

...dangit.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
5/30/12 5:39 a.m.
fritzsch wrote: The egyptians used crocodile dung as a contraceptive around 2000BC

How?

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/30/12 6:14 a.m.

Michelin had a series of tires that not only had asymmetrical sidewall stiffness (like the old BFG R1s) but also had asymmetrical rim diameters.

T.J.
T.J. PowerDork
5/30/12 6:26 a.m.
914Driver wrote:
fritzsch wrote: The egyptians used crocodile dung as a contraceptive around 2000BC
How?

That's easy. Still works ok today. All you have to do is get a big hunk of dung. The fresher the better. Then liberally apply the stuff all over your body so that you smell like nothing other than E36 M3. Then sit back and let the magic happen. No one will consent to sex with you smelling like E36 M3, so there will be no pregnancy.

JoeyM
JoeyM SuperDork
5/30/12 7:16 a.m.

monotremes are mammals, so the mothers do lactate. Despite this, they lack nipples. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monotreme

(Everybody already knew about the eggs, so that's nothing interesting)

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UberDork
5/30/12 7:32 a.m.

8 out of 6 people don't understand statistics.

DrBoost
DrBoost UberDork
5/30/12 7:34 a.m.
John Brown wrote: Importing any car from Japan makes it awesome. Yes that is a TRD Toyota Cadavalier

Proof positive that not all internet facts are indeed, factual.

DrBoost
DrBoost UberDork
5/30/12 7:38 a.m.

Chuck Norris invented his own drink, the Chuck Norris Kicker. It’s tea (hot or iced) and Grand Marnier.

Chuck Norris became an honorary Texas Ranger in 2010.

In 1968 Chuck Norris won the World Professional Middleweight Karate Championship, he retired undefeated in 1974.

Chuck Norris’ father was a Cherokee Indian.

Chuck Norris taught Martial Arts to Steve McQueen, Priscilla Presley, and Donnie and Marie Osmond.

Chuck Norris invented his own style of martial art, Chun-kuk-do.

Chuck Norris invented his own Action Jeans to make fighting in jeans more comfortable.

slantvaliant
slantvaliant Dork
5/30/12 7:43 a.m.

Julia Childs worked for the OSS during WWII.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/30/12 7:51 a.m.

You cannot keep your eyes open when sneezing, so if you suffer from sneezing fits, you cannot have a driver's license.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/30/12 7:53 a.m.

Recent studies that I just made up indicate that up 50% of the 99% love bacon 100%.

JoeyM
JoeyM SuperDork
5/30/12 8:04 a.m.
Jay wrote: Felix Wankel never had a driver's- wait, I posted that in another random fact thread already. Ned Flanders and Derek Smalls (from Spinal Tap) are played by the same- ...dangit.

I just realized that I did that, too.....I must be obsessed with platypuses. (actually,I talked about sex chromosones last time and about lactation this time.)

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid SuperDork
5/30/12 8:28 a.m.

Well I forgot there was another thread like this. oh well

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
SbvHesThGvZfrhsVTaIT8R8hpl9XBlJ52xzvikMQOprn7ogvwZqcFJAViLMlmihz