1 2 3
Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker UltimaDork
5/30/12 8:46 a.m.

Dirk Diggler didn't actually know Karate.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 SuperDork
5/30/12 8:52 a.m.

Steven Seagal moved to Japan in his late teens and became the first foreigner to operate an aikido dojo in Japan.[9] He was trained by Harry Ishisaka and received 1st dan degree (Shodan) under the direction of Koichi Tohei. He continued to train in aikido as a student of Seiseki Abe, Koichi Tohei (whose aikido organization, Ki Society, Seagal refused to join in favor of staying with the Aikikai), Kisaburo Osawa, Hiroshi Isoyama and the second doshu Kisshomaru Ueshiba. He attained a 7th dan degree and Shihan in aikido.

When Miyako's father retired from his job as an instructor, Seagal became the new head of the organization known as Tenshin Aikido in Osaka (affiliated with the Aikikai). Seagal is known by his students as Take Sensei. Seagal left his dojo in Osaka, his then wife Miyako, being the care-taker of the dojo up to the present day. Seagal initially returned to Taos, New Mexico, with his student (and later film stuntman) Craig Dunn. Where, they opened a dojo, although Seagal spent much of his time pursuing other ventures. After another period in Japan, Seagal returned to the U.S. in 1983 with senior student Haruo Matsuoka. They opened an aikido dojo, initially in Burbank, California, but later moved it to the city of West Hollywood. Seagal left Matsuoka in charge of the dojo, which he ran until the two parted ways in 1997.

Initially, he worked as the martial arts coordinator for the films The Challenge (1982) starring Scott Glenn and Toshirô Mifune, and Never Say Never Again (1983) starring Sean Connery and A View to a Kill.

He has helped train Brazilian mixed martial artists Anderson Silva and Lyoto Machida. Silva, who is the reigning UFC Middleweight Champion, went on to knock out Vitor Belfort with a kick, in their fight at UFC 126 in February 2011,[10][11] and Machida also credited him for helping him perfect the crane kick that he used to knock out Randy Couture at UFC 129 in May 2011.[12][13]

from Wikipedia

slantvaliant
slantvaliant Dork
5/30/12 8:52 a.m.

Mac Brazel, the rancher who found the debris that figured in the Roswell UFO story, was the nephew of Jesse Wayne Brazel, who killed Pat Garrett (who killed Billy the Kid).

Appleseed
Appleseed PowerDork
5/30/12 10:37 a.m.

Optimists are half full of E36 M3.

PHeller
PHeller SuperDork
5/30/12 10:57 a.m.

The first mechanically-propelled 2-wheel vehicle was believed to have been built by Kirkpatrick MacMillan, a Scottish blacksmith, in 1839.

PHeller
PHeller SuperDork
5/30/12 10:58 a.m.

The first steam powered motorcycle, the Michaux-Perreaux steam velocipede, can be traced to 1867, when Pierre's son Ernest Michaux fitted a small steam engine to one of the 'velocipedes'.

akamcfly
akamcfly HalfDork
5/30/12 11:01 a.m.

More people like spaghetti than don't.

PHeller
PHeller SuperDork
5/30/12 11:06 a.m.
akamcfly wrote: More people like spaghetti than don't.

Does that include those that haven't had it?

Cole_Trickle
Cole_Trickle Reader
5/30/12 11:20 a.m.

Hugo Boss designed the Nazi uniforms.

JThw8
JThw8 UberDork
5/30/12 11:28 a.m.
T.J. wrote:
914Driver wrote:
fritzsch wrote: The egyptians used crocodile dung as a contraceptive around 2000BC
How?
That's easy. Still works ok today. All you have to do is get a big hunk of dung. The fresher the better. Then liberally apply the stuff all over your body so that you smell like nothing other than E36 M3. Then sit back and let the magic happen. No one will consent to sex with you smelling like E36 M3, so there will be no pregnancy.

But seriously...how do I put this delicately. It was inserted in the female to make a dung diaphragm.

Things you didn't need to know.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand UberDork
5/30/12 12:59 p.m.
Cole_Trickle wrote: Hugo Boss designed the Nazi uniforms.

Siemens built some of the gas chambers, and in the late '90s/early 2000s tried to trademark the word Zyklon, one of the gases used in the chambers

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker UltimaDork
5/30/12 1:17 p.m.

In reply to JThw8:

I wonder if we can add "Egyptian women actually had two E36 M3 holes" to the fact list.

Luke
Luke UberDork
5/30/12 1:23 p.m.
GameboyRMH wrote:
Cole_Trickle wrote: Hugo Boss designed the Nazi uniforms.
Siemens built some of the gas chambers, and in the late '90s/early 2000s tried to trademark the word Zyklon, one of the gases used in the chambers

Apparently IBM designed the prisoner numbering system. Or something like that.

Semi-related: Mitsubishi named one of the JDM-editions of its Lancer Evo, the 'Zero Fighter' (and no reason they shouldn't).

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/30/12 1:26 p.m.
GameboyRMH wrote: Siemens built some of the gas chambers, and in the late '90s/early 2000s tried to trademark the word Zyklon, one of the gases used in the chambers

Sure. Trademark it, then sue the pants off of any Neo who tries to sell things with that label.

(I'd rather have a Mercury Cyclone, myself)

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand UberDork
5/30/12 1:29 p.m.
Luke wrote: Apparently IBM designed the prisoner numbering system. Or something like that.

IBM sold them the computers it ran on.

DrBoost
DrBoost UberDork
5/30/12 3:12 p.m.

GM built tanks for the Germans before the U.S. entered WWII. I hear they were front-drive and boring.

akamcfly
akamcfly HalfDork
5/30/12 4:08 p.m.
PHeller wrote:

That's the kind of question Hitler would ask.

neon4891
neon4891 UltimaDork
5/30/12 4:11 p.m.
akamcfly wrote:
PHeller wrote:
That's the kind of question Hitler would ask.

Godwin has stated that he introduced Godwin's law in 1990 as an experiment in memetics.

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill GRM+ Memberand Reader
5/30/12 4:44 p.m.

The first english word spoken in space was "Dallas..."

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UberDork
5/30/12 4:45 p.m.

Fact: I can brush my teeth twice a day and use mouth was with fluoride, but every time I go in for a routine checkup in the middle of the plethora of mouth numbing filling sessions, I will still have four new cavities that were previously unnoticed or simply not there.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 SuperDork
5/30/12 5:22 p.m.
N Sperlo wrote: Fact: I can brush my teeth twice a day and use mouth was with fluoride, but every time I go in for a routine checkup in the middle of the plethora of mouth numbing filling sessions, I will still have four new cavities that were previously unnoticed or simply not there.

Is your toothbrush made out of fruit roll-ups?

Sput
Sput New Reader
5/30/12 8:24 p.m.

Clarkson College, around 1976-77, Statistics class;

"Statistics are a lot like bikinis. What they reveal in nice. What they conceal, is critical".

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UberDork
5/30/12 9:20 p.m.

In reply to 1988RedT2:

Weak enamel.

Good metabolism, so I can eat all the fruit roll-ups I want.

poopshovel
poopshovel PowerDork
5/30/12 10:30 p.m.

9 out of 10 people enjoy gang rape.

50% of people are dumber than the other 50%.

If your hand is longer than your face, you have AIDS.

curtis73
curtis73 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/30/12 11:20 p.m.

There is no law requiring you to pay taxes.

The word "Checkmate" in chess comes from the Persian phrase "Shah Mat," which means "the king is dead."

Little Red Riding Hood's real name is Blanchette.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
df0avUeSHdYYKjevK48R0vCJKkJqhM4LzkTvzcOh7eyz7cl5ohEoCK7E3lr90IFM