1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11
wlkelley3
wlkelley3 SuperDork
6/27/14 12:04 p.m.

I generally look at movies as entertainment and overlook bad plots and other things in movies. Guess that's why I generally watch action, sci-fi or fantasy movies. Horror movies are generally just bad so don't waste my time on them. But one movie I just can't stand is the A-Team movie. Just too many impossible events in it to overcome. Looping a Huey helicopter - get real. Rotors stop and then restart, again ain't gonna happen. But I'm a helicopter tech. The scene with the tank falling out of an aircraft and shooting to steer and slow down then crashing into a lake and driving out. They'd all be dead from sudden impact and engines don't run well under water. Rant off.

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
6/27/14 12:34 p.m.

Nicholas Cage sucks as an actor, to me the good ones he has been in (such as Raising Arizona) are rescued only by the supporting cast. The supporting cast is the only reason I watched Ghost Rider all the way through. Well, that and the really cool CGI.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
6/27/14 12:34 p.m.

I dare any of you to watch "Shaolin Soccer" and argue anything is actually worse

Cone_Junkie
Cone_Junkie SuperDork
6/27/14 12:52 p.m.

No significant movie really comes to mind, but I did TRY to watch Anchorman II recently. Gawd awful! I think I made it 15-20 minutes before turning that crap off.

nderwater
nderwater PowerDork
6/27/14 1:05 p.m.
Duke wrote: Oh, and pretty much anything ever made by Lars von Trier . Pretentious, pointless, self-indulgent, whiny, and boring. Some parts can be visually stunning, but as movies they are completely unwatchable. Even Kirsten Dunst naked couldn't make *Melancholia* worth watching.

My ex wanted to watch Dancer in the Dark - that film actually had me yelling at the television set. I couldn't get five minutes into Dogville before turning that garbage off.

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
6/27/14 1:09 p.m.

This movie is soooo bad, it's funny.. Ranked #1 worst movie of all time on IMDB.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
6/27/14 1:15 p.m.
nderwater wrote:
Duke wrote:
Bobzilla wrote: Face Off.
How did I neglect to mention this? *Face Off* is the single stupidest premise for a movie ever conceived. Bar none. Even *Solarbabies* had a more believable and interesting plotline.
And here I thought that I was the only human being who had seen Solarbabies.

Bodi!?!

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
6/27/14 1:25 p.m.
aussiesmg wrote: I dare any of you to watch "Shaolin Soccer" and argue anything is actually worse

Shaolin Soccer is freaking hilarious! I laughed like a freaking idiot at that movie. It is like Kung Fu Hustle meets soccer. I don't know why I don't own it yet.

Also seriously people put Super Troopers? I can quote that entire movie.

Duke
Duke UltimaDork
6/27/14 1:30 p.m.

I've never seen Super Troopers , but I suspect you had to have been in a relatively narrow age range and state of alteration to find it really funny. But if you happened to nail that window the first time you saw it, you'll still think it's funny years later, even though 87% of the population won't.

Repo Man was the same way for my generation.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/27/14 1:32 p.m.
93EXCivic wrote:
aussiesmg wrote: I dare any of you to watch "Shaolin Soccer" and argue anything is actually worse
Shaolin Soccer is freaking hilarious! I laughed like a freaking idiot at that movie. It is like Kung Fu Hustle meets soccer. I don't know why I don't own it yet. Also seriously people put Super Troopers? I can quote that entire movie.

+1 Shaolin Soccer is hilarious. Not great, but far from bad.

I think some people can't take the slow-paced and relatively uneventful nature of movies like Super Troopers and Napoleon Dynamite. Rubber is another movie like this (and probably the most extreme example of this kind of movie). All are still funny, but some people get frustrated by the story taking a far-back seat.

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
6/27/14 2:10 p.m.

Super Troopers was as funny as meow.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/27/14 2:18 p.m.
Curmudgeon wrote: Super Troopers was as funny as meow.

Meow ain't that the truth! I laugh meow sides off at some of those scenes.

DuctTape&Bondo
DuctTape&Bondo HalfDork
6/27/14 2:23 p.m.

The Last Airbender.

Fobroader
Fobroader Reader
6/27/14 2:51 p.m.

In reply to Curmudgeon:

stroker
stroker Dork
6/27/14 3:07 p.m.
nicksta43 wrote: I haven't watched any batman since Michael Keaton so I can't speak to them.

In this case that's a serious berkleying mistake. The Nolan movies are so much better than the old series it's not even funny.

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/27/14 3:37 p.m.
Appleseed wrote:
nderwater wrote:
Duke wrote:
Bobzilla wrote: Face Off.
How did I neglect to mention this? *Face Off* is the single stupidest premise for a movie ever conceived. Bar none. Even *Solarbabies* had a more believable and interesting plotline.
And here I thought that I was the only human being who had seen Solarbabies.
Bodi!?!

Funny you should bring that up. I used to have that recorded off of the TV (the first bit was cut out, and so were the parts I forgot to unpause it after the commercials). Anyhoo, for some reason I've been wanting to watch it again...

It's on youtube in every language but english... :(

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
6/27/14 3:42 p.m.
Maroon92 wrote: Next you guys are going to tell me you didn't like Crank with Jason Statham.

Which one? Crank or Crank: High Voltage?

Both were awesome.

Duke
Duke UltimaDork
6/27/14 3:50 p.m.
stroker wrote:
nicksta43 wrote: I haven't watched any batman since Michael Keaton so I can't speak to them.
In this case that's a serious berkleying mistake. The Nolan movies are so much better than the old series it's not even funny.

This is true. Ignore Bale's overdone "I'm Batman" voice and just watch the movies. They're much much better. But then again, I really don't like Tim Burton, so they could hardly fail to be.

Swank Force One wrote:
Maroon92 wrote: Next you guys are going to tell me you didn't like Crank with Jason Statham.
Which one? Crank or Crank: High Voltage? Both were awesome.

No, sorry, they both sucked. And I like Jason Statham movies.

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
6/27/14 3:59 p.m.
stroker wrote:

The one with Heath Ledger as the Joker is particularly good. His portrayal of insanity was bleeding edge scary.

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
6/27/14 4:03 p.m.
DuctTape&Bondo wrote: The Last Airbender.

I used to watch the Cartoon Network series with my kid, neither of us liked the live action version. I guess a lot of anime just doesn't translate well to live action, 'Deathnote' is one of the few that did.

About anime: if you haven't checked out 'Attack on Titan', correct that fault right now.

DuctTape&Bondo
DuctTape&Bondo HalfDork
6/27/14 4:14 p.m.

Echo above sentiments about the Nolan Batman movies, also feel they are so much better than the old ones.

I liked Kung Pao; Enter the fist, Shaolin Soccer, Super Troopers. Face Off was ok, Crank movies; meh. HATED Ghostrider. That's the only one in the above list I would say was E36 M3. Add 2Fast2Furious. At least the first one was funny bad. And the ones after were watchable, even enjoyable.

Curmudgeon wrote:
DuctTape&Bondo wrote: The Last Airbender.
I used to watch the Cartoon Network series with my kid, neither of us liked the live action version. I guess a lot of anime just doesn't translate well to live action, 'Deathnote' is one of the few that did. About anime: if you haven't checked out 'Attack on Titan', correct that fault right now.

It was a free movie and I still wanted my money back. My son hated it and he loves everything. The director changed some things to be "true" to some bs or other, I doubt he even watched a full episode of the anime. Casting was awful. Acting was awful. Everything was awful.

I'm not heavy on anime, only other ones I got into were Full Metal Alchemist and Initial D.

'Attack on Titan' is great, gf and I are on the 10th episode or so.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
6/27/14 4:18 p.m.
Curmudgeon wrote:
stroker wrote:
The one with Heath Ledger as the Joker is particularly good. His portrayal of insanity was bleeding edge scary.

Yep. One of the more unsettling-to-watch acting jobs in modern cinema.

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic UberDork
6/27/14 5:13 p.m.
ddavidv wrote: Worst car movie ever made? That's easy:

GTFO, unless you somehow mixed up the words best and worst.

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
6/27/14 7:15 p.m.

Event Horizon sucked. Not even Lawrence Fishburne (who I really like as an actor) could save that turd. Another was the remake of Flight of the Phoenix. If you ever see the original, don't waste your time on the remake.

JFX001
JFX001 UltraDork
6/27/14 7:33 p.m.

Pretty much every Tom Cruise movie after Rain Man....

1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
FLfdcbpSwp7xIFLZKBFRuwtEpbq6IeQwnv6OyZ9ptPwh1eqgoX0vpO0wj6oKckqv