DrBoost
DrBoost PowerDork
6/4/13 7:40 a.m.

I was an the junk yard Saturday and saw a Dodge Manaco (the brother of the Eagle Premiere). An odd duck for sure, I had to go have a look. Now, these cars didn’t have the most reliable electrical systems you’ve ever seen, and the car in general were soo problematic they usually broke their owners in short order.
This car though, showed a level/style of ingenuity not seen since I saw how logdog "fixed" his tractor.

It's not even a momentary-contact switch! That's commitment to clearing traffic for sure.

Jerry
Jerry HalfDork
6/4/13 8:23 a.m.

Only if it's hooked up to an air horn.

dculberson
dculberson UltraDork
6/4/13 9:23 a.m.

I love all the visible splices. One of the finest French-American collaborations to be sure.

DrBoost
DrBoost PowerDork
6/4/13 1:40 p.m.
dculberson wrote: I love all the visible splices. One of the finest French-American collaborations to be sure.

Yeah, I think if you looked at the wiring harness, there's more splice than original wire I was just surprised to see one, even if it was in a junkyard.

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess UltimaDork
6/4/13 2:16 p.m.

Hey, I had a truck with one of those for the horn switch. 'Ole Yeller, a '67 Chevy. But mine was screwed onto the dash. Worked great and got me inspection stickers.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 UberDork
6/4/13 3:31 p.m.

That reminds me of the time I fixed the neighbor kid's go-kart. The kill switch got busted--it was just a cheap toggle switch. Naturally, I had a few wall switches laying around, so I ziptied one in and wired it up. It works, and it looks waaay classy.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
MTJZmUgKk7jVgrq91pAXDyChngofmWnMRn1pXu3hYhpXj07KTXt73K4MtH0jX2N9