1 2 3 4
Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro UberDork
5/12/15 8:18 p.m.

Nuke the gay whales for Jesus....

There, I should be completely unemployable now.

Lesley
Lesley PowerDork
5/12/15 8:23 p.m.

Depends entirely on the type of conversation.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/12/15 8:25 p.m.

What you see here, is the same me as the me in meat space.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
5/12/15 8:43 p.m.

I have done that

neon4891
neon4891 UltimaDork
5/12/15 9:02 p.m.

Is it time to change the subject with pie?

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/12/15 9:15 p.m.

I don't say anything here or anywhere else that should cause problems at work, and aside from comparing my wife to an old Plymouth or suggesting she go to a party as Ironsides none of it causes grief at home.

Nick_Comstock
Nick_Comstock PowerDork
5/12/15 9:17 p.m.
neon4891 wrote: Is it time to change the subject with pie?

HappyAndy
HappyAndy UltraDork
5/12/15 9:22 p.m.

In reply to Nick_Comstock:

Hey Nick, I'm pretty sure that's a Ford Pie Wagon.

Nick_Comstock
Nick_Comstock PowerDork
5/12/15 9:24 p.m.

In reply to HappyAndy:

It is, I googled Ford pie, I thought it ironic

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/12/15 9:24 p.m.
bravenrace wrote: The white powdery substance was protein powder to mix in drinks.

nowhere near as cool as a bag of blow

petegossett
petegossett GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/13/15 5:43 a.m.
Trans_Maro wrote: Nuke the gay whales for Jesus....
Flight Service wrote: I have done that

It's all about context.

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
5/13/15 7:07 a.m.
914Driver wrote:
Lesley wrote: Many employers take their employees' behaviour on social media very seriously.
The exact phrase I use on my 20 something nieces and nephews, I'm just some old guy that doesn't get it.

You too? It was hard for my dad to impress on me that someone's reputation is their most important asset, it was hell passing that lesson on to my kid and probably worse given the prevalence of social media. I can only hope that she has listened to her dear old Dad and hasn't posted something that will follow her forever, because the Internet never forgets. So far I think it's not happened.

EDIT: Come to think of it, I got roundly cussed on another forum for suggesting that care be taken with what's put out there, to include personal info as well as things like credit card info, etc. One guy even said it was his prerogative to store pics of him and his wife having sex online if he so chose and that no one should be able to access them without his permission. Sure, in an ideal world. This ain't an ideal world, old boy.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 PowerDork
5/13/15 8:29 a.m.
Curmudgeon wrote: One guy even said it was his prerogative to store pics of him and his wife having sex online if he so chose and that no one should be able to access them without his permission. Sure, in an ideal world. This ain't an ideal world, old boy.

Don't hold out on us! Link?

FoggerJR
FoggerJR New Reader
5/13/15 12:59 p.m.

Ya'll worry too much. I mean, E36 M3, I get paid to play with cars!

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
5/13/15 1:08 p.m.

The internet is like a neck tattoo. It's forever. At least until I get my hands on the launch codes. Then you berkeleyers that survive the nuclear winter better know how to farm and fend for yourselves. All your narcissistic Facebook bleating about insignificant details of your little lives will be a thing of the past. I will restore your virginity.

See, that is an example of too much info to have taken out of context during a job interview.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/13/15 1:10 p.m.

In reply to Giant Purple Snorklewacker:

Jihad much?

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
5/13/15 1:17 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed:

Jihad has religious connotation. This is just restoring population levels to about 15th century concentration so what rises from the ashes can breathe a little (albeit with respirators for a few years).

Call it "Culling". :)

bravenrace
bravenrace MegaDork
5/13/15 1:22 p.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote: The internet is like a neck tattoo. It's forever. At least until I get my hands on the launch codes. Then you berkeleyers that survive the nuclear winter better know how to farm and fend for yourselves. All your narcissistic Facebook bleating about insignificant details of your little lives will be a thing of the past. I will restore your virginity.

I'd really like to meet you.

bravenrace
bravenrace MegaDork
5/13/15 1:22 p.m.
patgizz wrote:
bravenrace wrote: The white powdery substance was protein powder to mix in drinks.
nowhere near as cool as a bag of blow

Maybe, but my life is much better this way.

KyAllroad
KyAllroad Dork
5/13/15 1:30 p.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote: In reply to Appleseed: Jihad has religious connotation. This is just restoring population levels to about 15th century concentration so what rises from the ashes can breathe a little (albeit with respirators for a few years). Call it "Culling". :)

I'm rooting for a good plague rather than nuclear winter but the result is the same. Fewer teeming hoards crawling across the face of this lovely planet spoiling it for the rest of us.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/13/15 1:32 p.m.
KyAllroad wrote: I'm rooting for a good plague rather than nuclear winter but the result is the same. Fewer teeming hoards crawling across the face of this lovely planet spoiling it for the rest of us.

The anti-vax crowd is working on it!

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/13/15 1:42 p.m.

I want asteroid. If it was good enough for the dinosaurs, its damn well good enough for me.

RX Reven'
RX Reven' GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/13/15 1:50 p.m.
Appleseed wrote: I want asteroid. If it was good enough for the dinosaurs, its damn well good enough for me.

Right on Appleseed, meteor impacts > nukes or plagues.

johndej
johndej Reader
5/13/15 2:30 p.m.
Appleseed wrote: I want asteroid. If it was good enough for the dinosaurs, its damn well good enough for me.

Getting executed by Kim soon?

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/13/15 6:12 p.m.

Nope. Didn't get the haircut yet.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
LtoYAQ8LwzOiFxLd5KaowRQOJgIXGzAVwntDW5qb85O5YLtTmOgOHrWrVwHQFxJq