Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
2/20/24 11:04 a.m.

In reply to 914Driver :

Country maybe?

Too bad, it seemed like it could be interesting

Subscribe to unlock this Premium article

Already subscribed?  Log In

In today's world, news reporting is often influenced by corporate interests and political bias. But you can rest assured that The Epoch Times has no corporate or government affiliations.

It is ingrained in our mission to deliver news that you can trust.

Subscribe now to independent journalism and start making sense of important issues!

Subscribe for $1/week

Cancel anytime.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
2/20/24 1:10 p.m.

In reply to Peabody :

Just because The Epoch Times "has no corporate or political affiliations" does NOT mean they are independent or unbiased.

It is strongly conservative, strongly religious, and ultimately Chinese in origin (not ChiCom Chinese, but definitely Chinese).

None of those things invalidate them as a news source, but they need to be understood and considered.

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
2/20/24 1:28 p.m.

In reply to Duke :

We live in the country, and the area's a conservative stronghold. Because of that we got the Canadian version of that paper in our mailbox for a while. I read it once, and it went straight in the trash every time after. It was laughably bad.

Nonetheless, always interested in reading about a new scam

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
2/21/24 10:01 a.m.

OK,  I'm a picture & linky dinosaur yet I apprehensively  submit what I learned:   How to draw on a picture.  This item was $780, worth every penny when 27* out.

Datsun240ZGuy
Datsun240ZGuy MegaDork
2/22/24 10:53 a.m.

This

NermalSnert (Forum Supporter)
NermalSnert (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
2/23/24 2:43 p.m.

That Superduty Hop is a real thing.

11GTCS
11GTCS SuperDork
2/24/24 10:34 a.m.

I think I'll leave this here: https://www.thefloridamangames.com/  smiley

Noddaz
Noddaz GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/24/24 10:46 a.m.

In reply to 914Driver 

I am guessing you have a oil fired boiler and you are pointing to the control unit.

I am quite willing to pay a yearly fee for the service contract on mine because it is covered when it is 27* out at 2am.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
2/24/24 11:28 a.m.

Oil and I do have a service contract, still not free.  Luckily with the coal stove it never got below 60*.

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
2/24/24 6:56 p.m.
Noddaz said:

I am quite willing to pay a yearly fee for the service contract on mine because it is covered when it is 27* out at 2am.

When we moved in to the farm it had a new gas furnace... that broke down the first winter. The guy that came to repair it said, these were really cheap, I bought two for my sisters and they're junk.  So I signed up for a service plan shortly after that call that was about $10 a month.  They replaced almost that entire furnace over the next five years. I then canceled the plan, and it ran trouble free the next ten, until we replaced it while we were replacing the air conditioner. 
I patted myself on the back for that one for a long time. 

Karacticus
Karacticus GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/24/24 7:18 p.m.

I looked at this airplane as a potential purchase today, and it damn near matches the capabilities of the high end business jet avionics systems I work on.

Colleague from work who's also a pretty fresh A&P were left unattended today in a maintenance hangar with the airplane today while we uncowled it, pulled various covers off and gave it a pretty thorough looking over.  

Extremely nice airplane and exceptionally equipped consider it's a 45 year old airplane.  Avionics went in in 2021.

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
2/24/24 7:37 p.m.
Karacticus said:

I looked at this airplane as a potential purchase today, and it damn near matches the capabilities of the high end business jet avionics systems I work on.

Colleague from work who's also a pretty fresh A&P were left unattended today in a maintenance hangar with the airplane today while we uncowled it, pulled various covers off and gave it a pretty thorough looking over.  

Extremely nice airplane and exceptionally equipped consider it's a 45 year old airplane.  Avionics went in in 2021.

So did you buy it?

Karacticus
2/24/24 7:56 p.m.

In reply to tuna55 :

That's the intent-- trying to get a contingent purchase agreement in place!

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/24/24 8:31 p.m.

TIL that Tennessee Williams was from Missouri. 

Tennessee Tuxedo was from the South Pole, but I already knew that. 

BenB
BenB HalfDork
2/24/24 8:48 p.m.

In reply to Karacticus :

Wow, the instrument panel sure has changed since I last flew a 182 back in the 80s! Looks like a nice ride. I hope you're able to get it!

11GTCS
11GTCS SuperDork
2/24/24 9:06 p.m.

In reply to Karacticus :

That is sweet!  Glass cockpit, retractable gear, is it turbocharged too? 

Karacticus
2/24/24 9:57 p.m.

In reply to 11GTCS :

No turbo-- too much maintenance hassle. 
There are STCs though to replace the 235 horse motor with a fuel injected 260 or 300 horse motor though. 

https://www.airplains.com/r182-260hp

https://www.airplains.com/r182-300hp

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
2/26/24 9:10 a.m.

Stopped by the Saratoga Auto Museum to see the current display and to buy a raffle ticket for the 2024 718 Cayman.  If I win, a GRMer gets the better deal, I don't really want it.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/27/24 1:18 p.m.

Recently I ordered a copy of my DD214 because I can't remember how long it's been since I knew where mine was.  Totally about getting veteran's discounts as I've been asked a lot more lately if I'm a veteran at check out.

TIL - I have two more ribbons than I knew about.  Not surprised I didn't know as I got both the day I separated.

CAinCA
CAinCA GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/27/24 1:34 p.m.
Stampie said:

Totally about getting veteran's discounts as I've been asked a lot more lately if I'm a veteran at check out.

I've pretty much refused to use veteran's benefits of any kind since I got out but I recently made one exception. I got the "Veteran" endorsement on my driver's license specifically so I could get a lifetime pass to all for the national parks.  

wae
wae PowerDork
2/27/24 2:02 p.m.

It was actually yesterday, but I learned that I have the struts set so stiff in the Neon right now that it is physically impossible to sip a beverage while driving the car at 25mph over the expansion joints in residential concrete streets.

ShawnG
ShawnG MegaDork
2/27/24 2:06 p.m.

The other day I Learned that there is a country music cover of Venus by Bananarama.

Then I learned that the Bananarama version is a cover of the Dutch original.

Either way, I was ear-raped by Venus with a country twang and steel guitar while grocery shopping.

Do any of these inbred idiots write their own songs anymore?

Duke
Duke MegaDork
2/27/24 2:08 p.m.
ShawnG said:

Do any of these inbred idiots write their own songs anymore?

Do you really want them to?

ShawnG
ShawnG MegaDork
2/27/24 2:09 p.m.

In reply to Peabody :

My friends say I'm conservative but I feel like I'm Libertarian.

That paper went straight in the bin every time it showed up.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
2/27/24 2:21 p.m.

TIL that the word "Moxie" is derived from the name of the soft drink, and not the other way around.

1 ... 207 208 209 210 211 ... 225

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
mzN3mQwkgAHMzFbCFELsftX7L1aQFJr70wLQDa79AvGiGjaNjjxbb7Wf9TBf5Ppd