1 2
SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid UberDork
2/25/13 7:32 p.m.

Anyone watching? So far I think this is the best season in a while.

Grtechguy
Grtechguy UltimaDork
2/25/13 7:40 p.m.

Still my favorite program on

neon4891
neon4891 UltimaDork
2/25/13 7:55 p.m.

I'm caught up. Good so far.

neon4891
neon4891 UltimaDork
2/25/13 7:57 p.m.

And from some other thread(iTV?) hola unblocker lets you watch right from the BBC iplayer from anywhere... In the world.

JtspellS
JtspellS Dork
2/25/13 8:00 p.m.

Street fire. com streams all of them the Monday after fyi.

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/25/13 8:05 p.m.

Just realized the new season started, I'll get caught up tonight.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
2/25/13 8:41 p.m.

Yea, just flipped to it. I've been tuning in more to the US version than the UK.

Duke
Duke PowerDork
2/25/13 9:31 p.m.

I'm going to be the wet blanket and say I think it's time the guys hung up their helmets, at least on TV. I watched the new one where Clarkson built the stupid tiny car, and fast forwarded through half of it. Mind you, the original episode with the Peel P-50 is the episode that got me watching the show in the first place.

I have 2 episodes since the one I skimmed through sitting on my DVR, and I'm just not mustering up interest to invest an hour and a half of my life in watching them.

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Intern
2/25/13 9:46 p.m.

You know, I'm starting to agree with you Duke. Episode 3 made me keep checking my watch, and wondering how old they were going to get before they retired. Even Hammond is looking a little worse for wear, and Jeremy has gotten old and crotchety.

mtn
mtn PowerDork
2/25/13 9:46 p.m.
Duke wrote: I'm going to be the wet blanket and say I think it's time the guys hung up their helmets, at least on TV. I watched the new one where Clarkson built the stupid tiny car, and fast forwarded through half of it. Mind you, the original episode with the Peel P-50 is the episode that got me watching the show in the first place. I have 2 episodes since the one I skimmed through sitting on my DVR, and I'm just not mustering up interest to invest an hour and a half of my life in watching them.

I somewhat agree with this. The show has become a caricature of itself. Still decent TV IMHO, but it pales in comparison to earlier seasons.

I've personally been enjoying the presenters own shows, James May's road trip thing and Hammond's American Jobs thing.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/25/13 9:54 p.m.

For the down-putters (and every single season, people claim that TG is past its prime) - check out the last two episodes of this season. 4 was really good, 5 (last night) was decent stuff as well.

The next two episodes are a special: station wagons looking for the source of the Amazon.

donalson
donalson PowerDork
2/25/13 9:59 p.m.

I torrent them the night they are aired... but i'm a dork like that... i'm REALLY looking forward to next weeks "Christmas special" sucks that it's a 2 part deal... but i'm looking forward to it... :)

stuart in mn
stuart in mn PowerDork
2/25/13 10:06 p.m.

I'm still enjoying the show. On Sunday's episode they were in the Top Gear technical center, and Jeremy opened up a drawer of a toolbox marked as "Jeremy's Drawer." It was full of hammers.

bikerbenz
bikerbenz New Reader
2/25/13 10:25 p.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner:

source of the Nile (Africa)

Keith Tanner
2/25/13 10:28 p.m.

I couldn't remember if it was the Nile or the Amazon, so I rolled the dice. This is why I don't gamble in Vegas

Mitchell
Mitchell SuperDork
2/25/13 10:37 p.m.

I get tired of the routine episodes, but love the specialsThe first TG I ever watched was the search for the best road in Europe, which featured the GT3 RS, Aston Martin race car, and I think a Lamborghini of some sort. I think it ties with the Bolivia special as my favorite.

octavious
octavious Reader
2/26/13 7:11 a.m.

I agree with Mitchell, the specials really make the show. The special were they had the 4x4s in the rainforest is one of my favorites. I'm interested to see if the station wagon Nile expedition, is just a repeat of old material or something new.

Last night with the rugby just seemed like a repeat of when they played soccer in the Toyota Yaris'? Yarii? Yaries? I hate that they are doing repeats of old show. But in the end I'll continue to watch it for what it is, entertainment. Its got cars, jokes (albeit lots of cracks on the US, and some dry brit humor parts), brews at the pub, and a some male bonding. With all the other crap currently on TV, when I do want to sit down and watch something I'll pick TG, new and old episodes.

Protege2886
Protege2886 Reader
2/26/13 7:18 a.m.

I still love the show but the budget cuts are becoming increasingly clearer. That said, I'd be happy to watch TG UK until the hydraulic fluid in their robotic bodies gives out in 40 years.

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/26/13 8:11 a.m.

The latest episode with the Range Rover test and the car for old people was pretty good.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/26/13 9:22 a.m.

Still the best show on television (or PC screen...). I'm enjoying the heck out of this season! I think they're actually getting back to their roots a little and doing better than the last few seasons. The C'eed test was especially good.

turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/26/13 9:31 a.m.

The first episode with the Bentley on the rally stage and the test of the new Pagani was awesome.

The second episode this season was pretty epic with the "dogfight" at Willow Springs, plus Mick Fleetwood was a pretty good interview.

Watching Clarkson lose (finally!) in the third episode was mildly entertaining.

The lap with Lewis Hamilton was pretty cool in the fourth episode as was the test of the Mastretta (can we get those in the states yet?)

The Range challenge was pretty damned well done. The "pensioner car" was groan worthy, it would have been better with the three of them together.

I'm looking forward to the Africa special, too bad it is a 2 part special since it shows how much the budget cuts have hit them (they used to do 6 full episodes and a special)

Keith Tanner
2/26/13 11:26 a.m.

You could also look at it as a 2 hour special - is that so terrible?

turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/26/13 11:46 a.m.

Keith, the point was that they previously were able to put out 6 full episodes plus the 2-hour special (that was in one episode, no waiting). We're getting gipped an hour of TGUK goodness.

Bumboclot
Bumboclot Reader
2/26/13 11:56 a.m.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
2/26/13 12:10 p.m.

I usually skip the SIARPC section, especially when it is a local "celebrity" that I have never heard of. I was about to skip over Amy McDonald, whoever that is, when I got sidetracked. Turns out, she is my new idol.

She is a singer/songwriter of some sort, and she works hard to make great albums so that she can afford awesome cars. Her goal was an R8, and she bought the V8, then the V10 then the GT. Then moved onto a Ferrari 458. And she really knows her stuff, and was pretty good behind the wheel. I am off to buy her album. Even if it sucks, proceeds go to a cause I support!

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
MZnrLD2GtXDxEAnqkgaS3ycO8eWsXVrOcXR4l1hpdXX4Zg4TKz9KGx4WdhRIviDo