1 2 3 4
N Sperlo
N Sperlo SuperDork
1/24/12 7:40 a.m.

Man shoots Waffle House robber.

Spartanburg, S.C. (CNN) - A customer at a South Carolina restaurant took matters into his own hands when two men tried to rob the place It happened early Saturday morning at this Waffle House in Spartanburg. Authorities say two masked men came in and ordered the customers to the floor and the employees to a back room. One of the customers had a concealed weapon. He reportedly pulled out his gun and told the two men to wait for cops to show up Sheriff's say the suspected robber, a 19-year-old, then turned his gun toward the diner That's when the customer shot and killed him"From all the witnesses...that wasn't his first reaction was to grab the gun and start shooting. He absolutely tried to make them stop and he would have been just fine waiting for us to get there and arrest these two guys," says Sheriff Chuck Wright The second suspected robber got away, but was caught by authorities later that night. *Sheriff's say the customer who fired the shot will not face any charges because he was acting in self defense.* *CNN*
fasted58
fasted58 SuperDork
1/24/12 7:43 a.m.

+1 for concealed carry

+10 for Waffle House

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury SuperDork
1/24/12 7:45 a.m.

mmmm haaaashed brooooowns: covered and topped please, and a bacon egg and cheese sandwich with lettuce and mayo, and some of that good coffee....oh the calories...oh the splendor

oh, and also, good riddence

ThePhranc
ThePhranc HalfDork
1/24/12 7:53 a.m.

Dead criminals dont re-offend.

I have never been in a Waffle House to eat. I feel I've been depriving my self cheap, crappy but yummy food.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 SuperDork
1/24/12 7:54 a.m.

That's called taking out the trash.

And if you've never eaten at a Waffle House, you owe it to yourself. Or your stomach, or something.

I love the fact that you can watch them crack real eggs and cook them right in front of you. And they have coffee. And bacon.

z31maniac
z31maniac SuperDork
1/24/12 7:57 a.m.

Kudos to him!

And Waffle House is a greasy diner treat!

spitfirebill
spitfirebill SuperDork
1/24/12 7:59 a.m.

I believe they caught the other guy too.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury SuperDork
1/24/12 8:04 a.m.
ThePhranc wrote: I have never been in a Waffle House to eat. I feel I've been depriving my self cheap, crappy but yummy food.

oh my, such a travesty...This man needs help fellas

You can get a steak, or a waffle, or a steak with a waffle, or a burger, or a patty melt, or any combination of breakfast food with a patty melt....

but by far, in my opinion, the best treat to get is hashed browns with chilli and peppers, covered in cheese...oh my, is it heaven? Could be! But, if its not, I know it must be served there...

BoostedBrandon
BoostedBrandon HalfDork
1/24/12 8:17 a.m.

This is a much better story than the Walgreens employee who was fired for pulling a gun on a robber. This is why the second amendment makes this country great. I'm going to eat some red meat now. Rawr.

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/24/12 8:17 a.m.
ThePhranc wrote: Dead criminals dont re-offend.

plus1 about a million times

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon SuperDork
1/24/12 8:23 a.m.

Common sense from the sheriff. Very good.

The late Lewis Grizzard sang Waffle House's praises regularly. http://www.lewisgrizzard.com/ I heart their Western omelet but about mid morning...

JoeyM
JoeyM SuperDork
1/24/12 8:25 a.m.

I'm a big fan of Waffle House's scattered, covered and smothered.

Translation for The Phranc: I like their hash browns with onions and cheese

93EXCivic
93EXCivic SuperDork
1/24/12 8:30 a.m.

I love Waffle House!

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid Dork
1/24/12 8:36 a.m.

Mmmmm Waffle House

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/24/12 8:43 a.m.

Scattered, smothered, and chunked for me with a ham and cheese omelet.

Damn, now I'm hungry. Might have to find a WH for lunch.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
1/24/12 8:48 a.m.

No waffle houses in Illinois

ultraclyde
ultraclyde HalfDork
1/24/12 8:49 a.m.

Oh gawd, you're killin' me. Now I'm hungry.

Chicken melt plate, Texas, make it a double plate scattered, smothered, covered and chunked. And a sweet tea.

Several years ago I remember a robber busting into a WH in South Atlanta (College Park maybe?) and trying to rob the place. He didn't notice that the four guys in the end booth wearing white tshirts were cops who had just come off duty - they'd taken off their uniform shirts but were still wearing their weapons. they emptied clips in him, putting him through the plate glass window.

I'm think in robbing a juice bar is probably a lot safer given the average WH customers.

carguy123
carguy123 SuperDork
1/24/12 9:01 a.m.

I can't believe you guys would say out loud where everyone can hear that you actually ate at a Waffle House. That's almost as bad as telling people you have herpes.

The only, and I mean ONLY time it's acceptable to even enter a Waffle House is when you are on a road trip on a major holiday like Christmas and WH is the only thing open so you have no choice but to stop there. Getting 2 day old hot dogs from a gas station is preferable.

That stuff is worse than nasty!

oldsaw
oldsaw SuperDork
1/24/12 9:04 a.m.

In reply to carguy123:

Why do you hate America?...........

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
1/24/12 9:28 a.m.

In reply to carguy123:

I don't know what horrible experience you had at a Waffle House, but I have never had one. I think their food is reasonable and a descent price. In this day of greasy fast food breakfast, I would rather Waffle House over McDonalds/Burger King.

As I said before, There are no Waffle Houses in Illinois. The only time I ever have it is when I'm traveling.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker SuperDork
1/24/12 9:34 a.m.
ThePhranc wrote: Dead criminals dont re-offend. I have never been in a Waffle House to eat. I feel I've been depriving my self cheap, crappy but yummy food.

The best thing to ever happen in a Waffle House was the opportunity to legally kill a person. Preferably before you have the chance to eat anything.

These people professing love for the place must not have a proper mom -n- pop greasy spoon diner available and can be forgiven for their bankrupt advice but please, don't make a special trip if there is even a marginally passable establishment serving gravy fries at 3AM in your vicinity.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/24/12 9:49 a.m.

Exactly, GPS. Waffle House is alright in a pinch, but a local Mom and Pop can usually beat them.

Osterkraut
Osterkraut SuperDork
1/24/12 9:54 a.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote: These people professing love for the place must not have a proper mom -n- pop greasy spoon diner available and can be forgiven for their bankrupt advice but please, don't make a special trip if there is even a marginally passable establishment serving gravy fries at 3AM in your vicinity.

I once dated a girl who thought that Cracker Barrel was good "homestyle" food. That would have been a dealbreaker, but uh, dat ass.

pilotbraden
pilotbraden Dork
1/24/12 9:59 a.m.
Osterkraut wrote: </ I once dated a girl who thought that Cracker Barrel was good "homestyle" food. That would have been a dealbreaker, but uh, dat ass.

It is truly amazing what one will over look initially.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
1/24/12 10:01 a.m.

I don't have a proper greasy spoon mom-n-pop diner. Actually there are none anymore. The one we had closed up years back when the owner retired and the only thing near by are restaurants. If i want to go to a E36 M3ty diner somewhere, I would have to travel all the way up to Chicago.

The Hash Browns are what make Waffle House. Like I said, descent food, not spectacular. And its more of a treat, because there are none near by. If there was one, I probably wouldn't eat there all the time.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
o0MFCkMbHYEJme6vl1IXILH4rusrFGpuCbcxfVlzYZ5xQU00Ukuyb30U249dCe4l