gadogado
gadogado None
7/28/12 3:06 p.m.

Count me in!

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado PowerDork
7/28/12 4:02 p.m.
gadogado wrote: Count me in!

Is that your gamertag too? Build specs are on page 1 of the thread.

poopshovel
poopshovel PowerDork
7/28/12 7:30 p.m.

I know I've hit people in practice trying to find the limit on a track I'm unfamiliar with, but hey seriously, switchblade, stop berkeleying hitting me, and cutting huge amounts of track everywhere, and divebombing and E36 M3. Please? Last night's replay is ridiculous, and it's twice in two races IIRC, so I'm starting to think it's on purpose.

DelayedPenalty
DelayedPenalty New Reader
7/28/12 7:38 p.m.

Just 8 cars last night? Sorry I missed out! Golf ran long due to slow play and rain, so I didn't get home until after 9:30 and ended up watching the opening ceremonies with the wife. Next week (hopefully) will be the debut of the new Kia!

N Sperlo
N Sperlo PowerDork
7/28/12 8:50 p.m.

It was one of my few Fridays off this week, so instead of playing online with you low-lives, I took my wife out to the Schafly Tap Room, had a burger, some potato salad (made with vinegar oil and bacon) and had a few beers. Maybe next time.

Anti-stance
Anti-stance Dork
7/28/12 8:59 p.m.

Dude, you will get more from a date night with the misses than a night with us...

N Sperlo
N Sperlo PowerDork
7/28/12 9:00 p.m.

In reply to Anti-stance:

Aaaand I did. A lot more than I bargained for.

Not only that, but she talked of jumping on the forum. She was worried about it though because all she knows about motorsports/vehicles is what she has heard from me.

Anti-stance
Anti-stance Dork
7/28/12 9:42 p.m.

Pfft, it doesn't matter how much someone knows about motorsports to play in the off topic forums. I almost never reference anything I post on here off of motorsports knowledge.

friedgreencorrado
7/28/12 9:58 p.m.

Onwards to Silverstone International...(hint)

Anti-stance
Anti-stance Dork
7/28/12 10:10 p.m.

does that mean you are getting on to practice right now?

N Sperlo
N Sperlo PowerDork
7/28/12 10:14 p.m.
Anti-stance wrote: does that mean you are getting on to practice right now?

I'm a test crash dummy. MMM MMM MMM MMM

Anti-stance
Anti-stance Dork
7/28/12 10:21 p.m.

Ah, being a teenager again. Thanks!

the 90s were cool

N Sperlo
N Sperlo PowerDork
7/28/12 10:51 p.m.
Anti-stance wrote: Ah, being a teenager again. Thanks! the 90s were cool

The piano player is hot.

EDIT: Wait. Now its a guy.

EDIT: No. That was the drummer strategically placed behind the piano. Piano player is still hot.

TheBootsy
TheBootsy New Reader
7/29/12 12:15 a.m.
griffin729
griffin729 HalfDork
7/29/12 9:33 a.m.
Anti-stance wrote: Man, Griffin! Now who am I gonna battle with on track in that 4th to 6th position?

I would've loved to race with you guys, but the things we do for friends, eh? From Friday at 5:30 when I got off work until last night about 10:30, I drove 983.5 miles and spent maybe 4 hours out of the car including sleeping in the car somewhere between Peoria and Iowa. Though 31.2mpg in a 2001 Subaru is pretty damn good.

Anybody get the results from Friday night's race. I'm looking foward to Silverstone.

Anti-stance
Anti-stance Dork
7/29/12 7:28 p.m.
TheBootsy wrote: The advantage of manual/w clutch revealed.

Until playing in this series, I had no clue that there was a difference. After Racerfink told me how to set the controller up, it made a huuuuge difference.

Griffin, we shall duel again this Friday.

I think I got pics of the results, let me dig them out.

griffin729
griffin729 HalfDork
7/29/12 8:14 p.m.

Yeah, I might have to try practicing with the clutch. I've tried it before, but never got comfortable with it.

Anti-stance
Anti-stance Dork
7/30/12 12:34 p.m.
Anti-stance wrote: I think I got pics of the results, let me dig them out.

Redline
Redline New Reader
7/31/12 10:08 a.m.

Poopshovel, I offer my sincere apologies for the race. My hand was sweaty from the practice and qual laps and I slipped when I went for the brakes and locked them up. As you saw, we both entered the turn on the same exact line at the same speed and where you let off, I locked my brakes trying to avoid you with nowhere to go. After watching the reply on FGC's storefront, no one did anything wrong there. You and I tracked all the way down the start finish straight into the corner on the same exact line. I could from now on, just let off and fall back anytime I get near you in a corner to be more sporting and offer you less competition, but I think maybe it might be more fun to keep pressure tight so you do the FGC thing and 'keep looking in your mirror instead of keeping your head down and racing' As to dive bombing in practice, a pack of cars moving at speed into a corner where one person brakes at point A, another brakes at Point B, and some roll in early apex, others late apex, and others square the corner, movement has to be made at the last moment if the line is compramised to salvage the turn and not hit someone. THIS is THE BIG REASON, that when I hold an evening practice session, I send invites to the entire team so we can practice with larger groups of cars so we don't make rookie mistakes. If you ignore the practice and don't race with us during the week, you miss out on a few things. Hot Laps have faster times than online practice. Online practice has PAY, BONUS AFFINITY PAY, and larger points at the finish. What the rest of us who do meet up and practicce miss, is having YOU in the practice sessions so we may all be able to figure out how each individual takes a particular corner.

Shoot, with all that said, I will promise to do one thing. I will race hard, try to race clean and I will put as much pressure on both FGC and POOP as I can so I can learn their race lines and go faster until I beat them both consistantly. I will make my car big in their mirrors until they make a mistake, then get the scent of a burnt Sahlen's Hot Dog as I go by, afterall, my car is 'Fueled by Hot Dogs' Dang, why am I laughing? Seriously, all you guys, practice every night after dinner

szeis4cookie
szeis4cookie Reader
7/31/12 11:32 a.m.

When abouts on weekday nights are said practice sessions happening? I'd like to get in on them from time to time, as my schedule allows.

afonseca
afonseca New Reader
7/31/12 12:08 p.m.

I'd love to practice with you guys myself but am usually on pretty late night on PST so don't usually see anyone. If there's any west coast folks out there up late look out for me and we can do some laps.

Rxbalt
Rxbalt New Reader
7/31/12 12:50 p.m.

In reply to szeis4cookie:

They happen around 7:00pm for me. (GMT-6)

Edit: Ignored that other people have to deal with DST. Should start around 8/9pm for you. but usually it's just FGC getting on and inviting us.

Spam the club with a session invite if you get bored.

poopshovel
poopshovel UltimaDork
7/31/12 1:29 p.m.

Redline/Switchblade: There was no way you could've slowed the car from the spot where you hit me, and watching the rest of the replay, you were all over the place, with 4 wheels off in every other turn. I wasn't mad about the hit. No big deal, I've done it too. Hell, I got all red-misted in practice and punted the crap out of FGC.

Did you ever even crack off a clean lap??? Where were your lap times in relation to everyone else's? Where did you qualify? Please don't tell me your sorry driving is due to my lack of practice. Watch your own replay. I was cracking off faster laps than you without resorting to cutting huge amounts of track. I practiced plenty for last week's race. By your logic, I should be slamming into everyone in front of me when I try to pass because I didn't get to run with them last week.

I'm apparently on at different times than the rest of the group, as I never got to practice with the rest of you guys last week. Every time I saw you on, you were running the Norschleif or some other track, so I practiced solo.

I did, however, practice this week's track on Saturday night with some dude who had YOUR CAR, complete with number placard, GRM stickers, etc., who had never raced with us. On the 4th lap, he was in first place by a mile, until he slowed to a crawl for me to catch up and brake-checked me hard in the turn, and I tagged him. After getting through the turn, knowing it was technically my fault, I pulled over and slowed for him to pass, at which point he freaking tee'd up on me and slammed into me. I passed him in the next corner, and he made a point to do it another couple times.

Unless this guy just has a hard-on for your livery, I have to guess you gave him a car and asked him to berkeley with me. If I'm wrong, please tell me so. Replay is on my storefront.

I like racing with you. We've had some really good battles in practice, many times having contact with each other and doing the whole "my bad, man!" thing, which is totally cool. If I did something at some point to make you think I deserve to get ass-hammered in the first two laps of every race, I'm sorry. I'm just asking you again, politely, to stop.

Mike

TheBootsy
TheBootsy New Reader
7/31/12 11:55 p.m.

We got talking about Initial D tonight and decided to do Fujimi Circuit in B spec cars, very fun.

...for most of us.

friedgreencorrado
8/1/12 12:57 a.m.

In reply to TheBootsy:

Oh, it was fun..I just don't know my way around the place.

As is well evidenced in the video..

1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 ... 43

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JztSFaBK4aRG7yf10lMHtDbrVQenzVZ0CtbzGQ8NpkBmy8CIzWDIu4aY2PCDa10i