1 2 3
dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
4/3/18 11:17 a.m.
Appleseed said:

If your urinal is filled with piss any longer than a toilet is, it isn't working correctly. Get yourself a new woman.

Urinals don't flush like toilets. They kind of dilute what's in them, but don't truly flush it out. They always contribute to unpleasant smells.

Driven5
Driven5 SuperDork
4/3/18 2:54 p.m.

In reply to dculberson :

That's why whenever I do finally get a urinal in my bathroom, it will be of the waterless variety. The oil in the pipe floats on the pee and prevents the smell from coming back up...As a bonus, I'll be able to say that I'm saving the planet one pee at a time.

8valve
8valve Reader
4/3/18 3:14 p.m.

They sell different gallon capacity diaphragms for urinals, the non water saver ones actually make them not smell bad.

+1 every bathroom with a sink has a urinal.   By the time you properly wash your hands with soap, the water trap should be smelling like rose hips.

barefootskater
barefootskater Reader
4/3/18 3:33 p.m.

In reply to 8valve :

Bathroom sinks only work as urinals if you are taller than me. I'd have to apply a healthy arch and my aim is not always what it should be if I'm honest.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
4/3/18 4:41 p.m.

We need a contraption so I don’t have to get up at 2am to pee.   Wife friendly.  

Driven5
Driven5 SuperDork
4/3/18 5:08 p.m.

In reply to Datsun310Guy :

Just make sure the diapers you get have the tear-away sides for easy removal...Then they'll be wife friendly too.

iceracer
iceracer UltimaDork
4/3/18 5:33 p.m.

In reply to Datsun310Guy :

It's called a catheter

Duke
Duke MegaDork
4/4/18 8:24 a.m.

The primary benefit of urinals is throughput.  That's part of the reason there is always a longer line at the women's facility than at the men's.

So unless you have 20 kids - most of them boys - or live at a stadium, there's really no point in putting up with one in your house.

On a related note, one of the only places that terrazzo floors fail is around urinals.  Terrazzo is made up of small stone chips in an epoxy concrete mix that is poured in place, troweled flat while wet, and then ground smooth with diamond wheels once it is cured.  It's basically indestructible if installed properly.  So do you really want something that can destroy a terrazzo floor in your 6x10 household bathroom?

Jcamper
Jcamper Reader
4/4/18 12:34 p.m.

I had a urinal in my old shop. I liked it, but remember being excited about getting the porcelain for 20 bucks and then not so excited about having to pay 100 for the commercial flush valve part. I usually just peed outside anyways. 

Kramer
Kramer Dork
4/4/18 7:36 p.m.

I'm way more civilized than you guys.  I push aside the dishes before I pee in the sink.  

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
XXwOzKPonwpnMLEMgJaegbiHclCoPiQoAqpSYzX79LV8Sxd85K7ODmhdPvCU7IkW