yamaha UberDork
6/14/13 10:43 a.m.

In reply to aircooled:

Iggy is Iggy......

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
6/14/13 12:43 p.m.

Wow. Didn't realize two things.

One. The hate filled reaction I would spark. Some of the responses are completely unwarranted and offensive.

Two. That this was an old thread. Sorry about that my bad. No intention to troll.

The thread popped up this morning at the top of the list, I don't know why.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
6/14/13 12:45 p.m.
Fueled by Caffeine wrote: I don't know why.

The NSA was trolling to see who would discuss something like this.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
6/14/13 12:51 p.m.
rebelgtp
rebelgtp UltraDork
6/14/13 1:01 p.m.

In reply to Xceler8x:

I have read that book. It was actually not a bad read. Not much hard facts, more of a story about his journey from being a sheep to being prepared.

Some good fiction on prepping are the James Wesley Rawles books, "Patriots", "Survivors" and "Founders". They are written like a fiction novels but with spatterings of useful information scattered through them. There is some overlap in the books so that they can stand on their own. The first book is based around a survivalist group that is VERY prepared (compound, thousands of rounds of ammo, tons of food and explosives). The second book is based more on those that are mildly prepared, ex military, they have skills but did not have the money or time to go all out like those in the first book (Also has a good bit about a soldier trying to make it home from over seas). The third book is based more around more "average" people, the least prepared, learn as they go and some cross over to groups from other books.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson UberDork
6/14/13 1:20 p.m.
novaderrik wrote:
Fueled by Caffeine wrote: Why is everyone so pessimistic? And why do these threads turn into a " I'm more prepared than you" e-penis contest? Pessimism and fear only breed more pessimisim and fear which breeds worry and in turn pushes people to do stupid things. It's a representative government, if you don't like the government, vote. If your ideas don't win, your ideas aren't the norm. Done.
what's it like being so optimistic? how much work is it keeping the blinders in place so you don't feel the urge to look around once in a while and see how things are really going?

As to why some people have blinkers on, I think to many of is it’s called being realistic. There was a thread on corner carvers (a once great forum completely destroyed by stupid political threads trending further and further to the right all the time) That based on these same 'fears' and 'be prepared' discussion as this all but guaranteed the end of civilization in America, people living in the streets and martial law by 2012 after the 08 financial meltdown and Obama winning the election. That also became a dick swing contest of who had the most ammo, stored food and was most prepared for the guaranteed end of the world. I think the rest of us look outside the boarders when we remember that we’re less than 5% of the world’s total population, but we are undoubtedly the 5% with the most real freedom and open government of the lot.

nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/14/13 1:34 p.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote: Oh, hay... this just in: Ministry of Propaganda has issued a statement saying Snowden was lying! That was totally unexpected.

So since the official position is he is lying, was employed in a position to not have access to the information, and that the program cannot do what he suggest does that mean they can't prosecute him since he just made up a story for lolz which is free speech?

nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/14/13 1:38 p.m.

I rememeber corner carvers back then. Twas awesome. I am concerned GRM is headed that way. There has been a lot of bitching, fighting, and e-penii over the past 12-18 months and I've noticed a lot of the old old board ocassional posters going away.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
7sFxgxdiMVIlPPrm40qNn1hTMeTjohrb53wif3qsOo0JT2v7Pnncq6RIcwEBfqXU