You have been warned.

Grtechguy
Grtechguy UltimaDork
2/13/13 2:12 p.m.

and?

xflowgolf
xflowgolf HalfDork
2/13/13 2:12 p.m.

haha... a forum full of DIY cheap asses. Valentine's Day is probably your favorite.

slefain
slefain SuperDork
2/13/13 2:15 p.m.

Just a public service announcement. I talked to a guy at work and he had totally forgotten. Luckily there are still plenty of cards left at the grocery store. I've found that keeping the wife happy means she is more likely approve of my project cars.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
2/13/13 2:16 p.m.

I was told by SWMBO that we weren't doing Valentine's day presents.

JohnInKansas
JohnInKansas Dork

I don't do anything for my wife on V-day. That means, of course, that I'm expected to do something for her on her birthday (Feb. 15th). I usually go to the grocery store and buy discounted valentines candy.

Ranger50
Ranger50 UberDork

People like and proprogate VD every year?

Sickos.

slefain
slefain SuperDork
2/13/13 2:17 p.m.
93EXCivic wrote: I was told by SWMBO that we weren't doing Valentine's day presents.

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
2/13/13 2:18 p.m.
93EXCivic wrote: I was told by SWMBO that we weren't doing Valentine's day presents.

Tell me you don't REALLY believe that. If you do show up empty handed, post pics.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid UberDork
2/13/13 2:19 p.m.

I ordered flowers for her, she got them today. Star Gazer Lilies, her favorite. I'm already ahead of the game.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
2/13/13 2:21 p.m.
Curmudgeon wrote:
Tell me you don't REALLY believe that. If you do show up empty handed, post pics.

I am still taking her on a date later since she is out of town. She is super laid back about stuff though and isn't the kinda girl that will tell me one thing and then get mad at me for not doing something she told me not to unless she suddenly changes after 7.5 years.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UberDork
2/13/13 2:24 p.m.

Hey - I warned you guys last Tuesday.

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/off-topic-discussion/valentines-day-reminder/60285/page1/

fritzsch
fritzsch HalfDork
2/13/13 2:33 p.m.

The gal I have been seeing is out of town and it is not serious enough that I have to make up for it

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
2/13/13 2:45 p.m.
93EXCivic wrote:
Curmudgeon wrote:
I am still taking her on a date later since she is out of town. She is super laid back about stuff though and isn't the kinda girl that will tell me one thing and then get mad at me for not doing something she told me not to unless she suddenly changes after 7.5 years.

Ever heard of the seven year itch?

Beer Baron
Beer Baron PowerDork
2/13/13 2:48 p.m.

I work 3-midnight. No date night for us. We are planning to do a picnic lunch at the beach or something instead.

bravenrace
bravenrace PowerDork
2/13/13 3:16 p.m.

I Love my wife. She'd beat the hell out of me if I did anything special on any one of the commercially contrived holidays. Besides, I get a much better response from her if I do something some other time for no apparent reason.
BTW, http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/off-topic-discussion/valentines-day-reminder/60285/page1/

Duke
Duke PowerDork
2/13/13 3:24 p.m.

Which means you better have something small but nice in reserve for when she whips out a card and a present for you. Not something major, but a thoughtful token.

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
2/13/13 3:26 p.m.
slefain wrote:

Yes, yes it is.

Cone_Junky
Cone_Junky Dork
2/13/13 3:29 p.m.

My wife makes me believe that she is not in to "hallmark holidays", but I'll at least have a card ready to go. February sucks for me. My daughter's birthday is today, v-day tomorrow, and wifey's b-day on the 17th. Too much anxiety in too short of a time span

Flight Service
Flight Service PowerDork
2/13/13 3:32 p.m.

^^^^^ I am giving this one to my wife this year.

This one was last years

Mitchell
Mitchell SuperDork
2/13/13 3:40 p.m.

An excuse to cook a good steak? Sure, I'll take it. I love giving food as gifts because I enjoy cooking (win) and I get to eat it as well (win win).

poopshovel
poopshovel UltimaDork
2/13/13 4:01 p.m.

ddavidv
ddavidv PowerDork
2/13/13 4:38 p.m.

Conversation yesterday:

Wife: "Did you buy me a Valentine's Day card yet?"

Me: "No. Why?"

Wife: "Don't bother. I didn't get you one."

iceracer
iceracer UltraDork
2/13/13 5:03 p.m.

My So and myself are taking a drive. We have all day, who knows what may occur.

Zomby Woof
Zomby Woof UberDork
2/13/13 5:07 p.m.
poopshovel wrote:

Wife expects chocolate. Guess what she's getting that's made out of chocolate this year...

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2Ho76ikDMU0lyRIO2j62RRHfNhZrrCRZnO8WZNER24ETWHDDecQH0DlAzB3k9o92