1 2
slantvaliant
slantvaliant Dork
1/6/11 7:49 a.m.

Go with what you know. Vegetable kebobs and couscous or rice.

I've never tried a vegetarian dish that wasn't improved with the addition of ham.

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt Dork
1/6/11 9:16 a.m.
Jay wrote: There's no big secret to vegetarian cooking. You don't have to use tofu or TVP or any fancy "meat substitute", just use decent ingredients and make food that you think will be good to eat. Unless the entirety of your cooking experience is steaks on a grill, you'll do fine...

Quoted for emphasis - my experience is that "meat substitutes" aren't. Go for fake meat and it always tastes fake. It's better to not even bother trying. If I was trying to make a vegetarian Thanksgiving, I'd rather use a roasted pumpkin as the centerpiece than a tofu turkey.

Another great vegetarian dish that just popped into my head is fried green tomatoes. Particularly the way the Blue Willow Inn serves them with red tomato chutney. This recipe is pretty close to the Blue Willow Inn version if you use cornmeal.

mndsm
mndsm Dork
1/6/11 9:51 a.m.

Veggie tray? Pile of candy?

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 HalfDork
1/6/11 10:01 a.m.

I admit I clicked this thread with no small measure of trepidation. After all, one would logically assume that a thread entitled "Vegetarian recipes" would in fact contain methodologies for cooking vegetarians, no?

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
6lFGL4kO1BXW8BQ34ddmRkEQFcKmafR1maIj4WLQl6X4YHrw56IEBXrAZRZ2uX8R