1 2
FlightService
FlightService SuperDork
3/27/12 8:48 p.m.

I created the VS thread and it has spawned.

VS

Before there was no VS thread and therefore no spawn

Do you all hate me for starting all this VS...FIGHT buisness?

FIGHT!!!

MG Bryan
MG Bryan Dork
3/27/12 8:50 p.m.

I'm tired of them, but they aren't any skin off my back.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltraDork
3/27/12 8:51 p.m.

I could care less, but I wanted to hotlink a picture. So here ya go.

FlightService
FlightService SuperDork
3/27/12 8:54 p.m.
N Sperlo wrote: I could care less, but I wanted to hotlink a picture. So here ya go.

OK, now that if funny and offensive, but mostly funny (Rick Perry really?????)

mndsm
mndsm UberDork
3/27/12 8:55 p.m.

The matchups are interesting, and I still want to see a bracket. Vs threads!

MG Bryan
MG Bryan Dork
3/27/12 9:01 p.m.
N Sperlo wrote: I could care less

Can anyone explain to me why this phrase became so common without the negative?

carguy123
carguy123 PowerDork
3/27/12 9:03 p.m.

I will find someone who knows where you sleep and maybe we can kill it with fire.

The VS threads are the worst things to hit the forum since . . . well, I can't remember anything this bad.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltraDork
3/27/12 9:03 p.m.
MG Bryan wrote:

Beacuse I could care less. I could care more too. If I couldn't care less, than I couldn't care less, but I COULD care less, ergo, I could care less.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand UberDork
3/27/12 9:07 p.m.

Some of them are pretty interesting. I guess I could take them or leave them.

Duke
Duke UberDork
3/27/12 9:12 p.m.

I never read the VS threads or post in them. Like all vaguely annoying trends/memes, they will die of natural causes soon enough.

tuna55
tuna55 UltraDork
3/27/12 9:15 p.m.

I kind of like them...

T.J.
T.J. UberDork
3/27/12 9:16 p.m.
FlightService wrote:
N Sperlo wrote: I could care less, but I wanted to hotlink a picture. So here ya go.
OK, now that if funny and offensive, but mostly funny (Rick Perry really?????)

I thought it was mostly funny until I realized that he is eating a foot long corndog.

Zomby Woof
Zomby Woof UltraDork
3/27/12 9:17 p.m.
MG Bryan wrote:

For the same reason people say have your cake and eat it too, instead of the proper way.

T.J.
T.J. UberDork
3/27/12 9:20 p.m.

I hate it when people say, "you've made your bed, now it's time to wake up and smell the roses."

I seriously had that said to me once by an irate submarine captain. Nobody in the room at the time even cracked a smile, but 14 years later I am still entertained by it.

MG Bryan
MG Bryan Dork
3/27/12 9:21 p.m.
Zomby Woof wrote:
MG Bryan wrote:
For the same reason people say have your cake and eat it too, instead of the proper way.

Fair enough. At least in that case the resultant phrase isn't complete nonsense, despite being the opposite of of the intended.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic UltimaDork
3/27/12 9:31 p.m.

I like them but after my European People's car series I am probably done. I don't like the off topic ones though.

Anti-stance
Anti-stance Reader
3/27/12 9:33 p.m.

I like 'em.

Zomby Woof
Zomby Woof UltraDork
3/27/12 9:50 p.m.
MG Bryan wrote: Fair enough. At least in that case the resultant phrase isn't complete nonsense, despite being the opposite of of the intended.

I suggest that they are equally nonsensical.

fast_eddie_72
fast_eddie_72 SuperDork
3/27/12 9:51 p.m.

I like um. But still waiting for a series of them where the euro Capri beats all comers.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltraDork
3/27/12 10:18 p.m.
MG Bryan wrote:
Zomby Woof wrote:
MG Bryan wrote:
Fair enough. At least in that case the resultant phrase isn't complete nonsense, despite being the opposite of of the intended.

As I attempted to state in a non-direct way earlier. It was exactly as intended. Here, I'll spell out my thoughts on the versus thread for you to fully understand the prior statement. I don't care for them, I don't hate them. I'm rather indifferent. Therefore [meh] I could care less.

Zomby Woof
Zomby Woof UltraDork
3/27/12 10:24 p.m.

Don't look at me, I could care less.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltraDork
3/27/12 10:25 p.m.

In reply to Zomby Woof:

So you're indifferent? So you'll hear me out?

EDIT: you can hear me out tomorrow. im a pumpkin.

JoeyM
JoeyM SuperDork
3/27/12 10:27 p.m.
carguy123 wrote: I will find someone who knows where you sleep and maybe we can kill it with fire. The VS threads are the worst things to hit the forum since . . . well, I can't remember anything this bad.

Vs threads are annoying, but less so than political arguments. Maybe we should all STFU and go back to the garage.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy SuperDork
3/27/12 11:24 p.m.
carguy123 wrote: I will find someone who knows where you sleep and maybe we can kill it with fire. The VS threads are the worst things to hit the forum since . . . well, I can't remember anything this bad.

Well, My feelings are kind of hurt. I thought I'd ruined your life with my visually offensive comics...

aircooled
aircooled UberDork
3/28/12 12:29 a.m.
T.J. wrote: I hate it when people say, "you've made your bed, now it's time to wake up and smell the roses." I seriously had that said to me once by an irate submarine captain. Nobody in the room at the time even cracked a smile, but 14 years later I am still entertained by it.

Submarine captains are really just like that... and of course when they are irate, oh boy!

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
L4BzpK1Gx6aWpkvIXVOMbxN2z4JMj5RdT5uvrYKGXJ8JBOMcUoITym75fct8KXmW